The fastest SD Card Support

Guest iwod

Panasonic has a Super fast SD Card capable of running at 20Mb/s.

I was wondering if the MDA compact support it? Coz i know we need the "next" generation reader to use it and Current one only support up to 10Mb/s

Also, with MDA compact we only have 64 Mb of Ram. I was wondering putting a 1Gb SD Card helps? Like Can i Run all application from my SD Card, will that be faster / slower?

Does buying faster SD Card helps?

Guest MitchellO

I doubt very much that the SD card will operate that fast in the Compact. The slot won't be that fast, and there is no realy reason that it should be in a Pocket PC. It will work fine, just not that fast.

To your second question, the SD card will only store programs. You can't use it as running memory. The internal RAM is used. It is best that you install as much as you can on the SD card/ROM Storage to save ram for running programs, as it make the device a bit faster and you can have more open.

Guest bill door
To your second question, the SD card will only store programs. You can't use it as running memory. The internal RAM is used. It is best that you install as much as you can on the SD card/ROM Storage to save ram for running programs, as it make the device a bit faster and you can have more open.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A lot of software is okay to install and run from SD card nowadays- I've got Pocket Scumm, Age of Empires, Worms, Tengo and a load of other stuff installed on SD. Normally it says in the installer/readme file if the programme must be installed to onboard memory. As to whether its faster/slower- if you're close to filling up the internal storage, I dare say that would slow the Jam down considerably :D

I've got a 512meg Kingston card in my Jam and a one gig sandisk in my Ipaq- haven't encountered any running from SD card problems (except MS Reader doesn't like books installed to card).