SMS Keypress Delay

Guest Pidder

Guest Pidder

I can't find the topic about how to shorten the SMS Keypress Delay. If i e.g. want to type two times the letter e in a word in a row, i have to wait for half a second after the first one, to type the second character on the same key. I know there is a hint to shorten this delay through the registry.

Anybody can help?

Guest puckster
I can't find the topic about how to shorten the SMS Keypress Delay. If i e.g. want  to type two times the letter e in a word in a row, i have to wait for half a second after the first one, to type the second character on the same key. I know there is a hint to shorten this delay through the registry.

Anybody can help?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think what you are looking for is the "Multipress time out" seting.

You can change this in Start > Settings > Accessibility > Multipress time out.

The available options are:

1/2 Second

1 Second

1 1/2 Seconds

2 Seconds

No auto advance

HTH

Chris

Guest catman3
I can't find the topic about how to shorten the SMS Keypress Delay. If i e.g. want  to type two times the letter e in a word in a row, i have to wait for half a second after the first one, to type the second character on the same key. I know there is a hint to shorten this delay through the registry.

Anybody can help?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try this utility:

RJV RegTweaks UI

It offers a number of registry tweaks including one that wll reduce the keypress delay to less than what is offered through the phone settings. Do a google search and you'll find it. Or go to http://www.airfagev.com and check out the RJV applications.