This is absolutely amazing!

Guest SkUk21

Guest SkUk21

guys this is incredible. wish it had Windows on it!

Preview: Samsung SPH-V7800

post-51579-1112523915_thumb.jpgpost-51579-1112523930_thumb.jpg

By Jørgen Sundgot, Friday 1 April 2005 (taken from infosyncworld.com)

Jørgen Sundgot zooms in on Samsung's SPH-V7800, boasting a 5 Megapixel camera with 3x optical zoom, a QVGA display and TV output support.

It's hard to know where to begin with the SPH-V7800. Its feature set is so vast that virtually no other handset in existence can compete - and it's even commercially available, albeit (of course) only in Korea. Being Samsung's first model with a 5 Megapixel camera, it has recently been upstaged by the maker's own SCH-V770, which offers a whopping 7 Megapixels. This SCH-V770, however, hasn't hit Korean shelves just yet.

In its shipping state, the SPH-V7800 may very well be the world's most fully featured handset. First off, it's based on CDMA2000 1xEV-DO, which translates to really fast downloads, coupled with the aforementioned 5 Megapixel camera, 3x optical zoom, 4x digital zoom, a built-in Xenon flash and support for the PictBridge standard for direct-to-printer output.

Not only shooting stills, the SPH-V7800 also records video in MPEG4 format, and supports video-on-demand streaming features. It's display is an absolutely-glorious 2.2" TFD 262K colour edition so bright it could easily double as a tanning appliance, and its resolution of 240 x 320 pixels renders it razor sharp as well. For audiophiles, the SPH-V7800 also includes an audio player with support for MP3 and AAC, playing either through the dual stereo speakers or a set of earphones.

Further on the note of audible affairs, the SPH-V7800 also has 64-chord polyphonic ringtones, and relies on the entirely unknown S-Card format for memory expansion. Also on the feature list is IrDA, USB and TV output support, as well as Picsel viewer software for viewing a range of file formats including Microsoft Office files, as well as an on-device picture editor and a limited implementation of Macromedia's Flash format.

Having toyed around with the SPH-V7800 for a while, I cannot help but be impressed by the amount of features the maker has crammed into what isn't a smartphone but just a regular handset - whilst at the same time realizing that having a 5 Megapixel camera in a phone is more than a tad silly. Still, Samsung has done a good job of providing a range of typical camera features, and both taking pictures and recording video are fairly intuitive affairs.

More likely than not, this is also the handset Samsung will base the 5 Megapixel camera phone it has promised to launch in the U.S. By year's end upon, which bodes well for American cameraphone aficionados. Want a piece of friendly advice? Start saving up sooner rather than later, as this multi-tasking marvel isn't going to come cheap.

Guest dj_sea
Is that a Samsung SPH-V7800  in your pocket?

Or you you just pleased to see me.lol :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LMAO i was just about to post that myself,

great minds think alike i suppose