C500 Blocked

Guest Abbos

Guest Abbos

Afternoon all,

I recently bought a C500 off of ebay for my girlfriend for christmas. I received the phone and all was ok until a few weeks ago when she stopped getting any signal. I then took it to a local phone shop who said to call Orange and check to see if it was Blacklisted. I called Orange and they said that the phone had been blacklisted.

I asked them what to do as as far as I was concerned I paid £150 for the phone and it was fine. I said that I had proof of purchase and everything. They said they could not help and that I would have to speak to the manufacturer.

Can anyone tell me who the manufacturer is and how I can contact them please?

Has anyone else ever had this problem before?

Thanks in advance,

Abbos

Guest chucky.egg

Contact the seller on eBay straight away, and if you don't receive a response quickly report them to both eBay and the network (Orange)

There was a spate of this a while ago - sell your phone, get the money, report it lost and claim the insurance.

There isn't much you can do until you've given the seller a chance (could always be a simple mistake on their part) and report it to the network (as the seller defrauding the network). You might find you have to report it to the police as well.

Guest squall

I dont see what the manufacturer can do for you. the phone has been blocked by the networks

visit http://www.htceurope.com/ - thats the manufacturers site

Phones being blocked normally happens for one of the following reasons:

1. phone was reported stolen

2. phone was reported lost

3. bill hasnt been paid for a while

In each of the cases above it takes a while for orange to catch up, hence its normal for the phone to work for a period before being blacklisted.

sorry, but i dont think there is much you can do, other than contacting the person you bought it from on ebay and asking for money back. If you payed with a credit card there may be some protection they can give you.