URGENT PROBLEM!

Guest Scream

Guest Scream

To all that can help me. My 6 key has got jamed and wont come back up. God knows how but it just wont release when so it's constantly stuck. Does anyone know how to get round this? If it has messed up could i claim this against the manafacture?

HELP needed ASAP, it's a real urgent matter.

Guest Matt H

I haven't had the same problem although my power button got stuck.

I took the phone back to Orange. They sent it back to HTC under warranty (purchased Sept 2004).

When it came back, they had apparently replaced the motherboard and now it works.

If yours is still in warranty I would suggest taking/sending it back.

If not in warranty, would be covered by insurance or you might be able to take out emergency insurance if not.

Matt

Edited by Matt H

Guest Scream

Funny you mention that as the power button got stuck the other day, i pruchased mine Oct 2004. So i guess i'll have to go the Orange shop today. The thing is i need a replacement ASAP, how long did yours take to get back to you?

I haven't had the same problem although my power button got stuck.

I took the phone back to Orange.  They sent it back to HTC under warranty (purchased Sept 2004).

When it came back, they had apparently replaced the motherboard and now it works.

If yours is still in warranty I would suggest taking/sending it back.

If not in warranty, would be covered by insurance or you might be able to take out emergency insurance if not.

Matt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest Scream
contact orange and claim under the warrenty

your alternitives

claim under orange care

contact htc via http://www.htceurope.com/

strip your phone and fix yourself - see pinned post in the forum

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

squall what's the orange contact number? how fast do you think they would be in getting one out to me under warrenty. Also would i have to send mine to them first etc etc?

Guest Matt H
squall what's the orange contact number?  how fast do you think they would be in getting one out to me under warrenty.  Also would i have to send mine to them first etc etc?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mine took quite a while, about 3 weeks. One shop quoted 1 week but not the one I went to.

They could have given a new one there and then if I paid £70 for emergency insurance. Or £35 plus £5 per month for 12 months or something.

Just goto the shop with receipt (although I didn't show mine), you don't need to call them

Edit: they will not give you a new one under warranty. They send yours off and repair and return

Matt

Edited by Matt H

Guest Scream
mine took quite a while, about 3 weeks.  One shop quoted 1 week but not the one I went to.

They could have given a new one there and then if I paid £70 for emergency insurance.  Or £35 plus £5 per month for 12 months or something.

Just goto the shop with receipt (although I didn't show mine), you don't need to call them

Matt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

so by all accounts i should be able to claim this back under warrenty? Esp as i don't have insurance on the phone.

Guest Scream
as i said in my earlier post yes, with luck you can get that

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well i'll do this at lunch, as i'm working. however will let you know how it goes. I hope a get a female operator and i can sweet talk her, lol. joke

Guest Scream

well i phoned them and the guy on the phone was as much use as a chocolate fireguard. He even admitted that his phone has done this too (he has an SPV too). He said go back to the store, and i was like, yeah i would if i lived in that city still. So on my lunch break i went to the local orange shop, who were pretty helpful. Basically they will do what they did for Matt H's phone. So when i get home, hopefully i should be able to download all my contact information. Anyway is it possible to get my txts and all that as well off the phone? Just incase they get wipped? All my pics etc are on my SD card.

However i'm going to chance my arm again tonight and see if i get a sympathetic operator who will help me in my hour of need. Only prob there is a text on the phone and i know it's from my partner. She said this morning to check my phone incase she texts, lol. Just have to wait to the end of work before i tell her, lol.

Anyway thank you for the help and i'll keep you updated!

Edited by Scream

Guest Scream

i've just been onto the HTC site and on there i can get it all done a lot quicker than if it was done through Orange. However on the top left of my phone is a very tiny little dent. How it got there i do not know. NOT the reason for it stop working as the dent was there ages ago. SO my question is would they look at that and say no and try and charge me for fixing my sticky key? I don't think so. But it also give the option to replace the face as well free of charge.

Has anyone used this service to sort out their phone?

Guest Scream

UPDATE!

Phoned Orange again and got this really helpful customer service lady and she's got a replacement out to me for tomorrow when i get back from work. IMPRESSED AM I!!!

BUT just what the hell was that other guy going on about from Orange??? This just goes to show don't take the first answer you always get!