Cyclists - want to put your JAM on your bike?

Guest belfast-biker

Guest belfast-biker

There are no bikemounts specifically for the i-mate JAM, so I used some RAM Mount bits of kit as follows:-

1. RAM-B-149Z - RAM U-Bolt Mount with standard arm

Consists of U-Bolt and ball which stays on my handlebars permanently, a adjustable arm which you can take off, and diamond base+ball to attach the cradle below to at the top.

2. RAM-HOL-UN1 - Universal PDA/Phone/GPS Cradle

Holds the JAM (or a mobile or GPS) very well indeed. If you need waterproofing, the JAM fits inside an aquapac and still gives you access to the screen, if you pull it tight over the screen before putting it in the above holder. The holder is quick release.

The RAM kit is built like a tank too, and the solid rubber balls cut out most of the road vibration.

close_up.jpg

from_front.jpg

from_top.jpg

side_on.jpg

Guest belfast-biker
Looks ok, but seems to stick up a lot.

How is it in use? Easy to see?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bright Sunlight can be a bit of a pin, but still viewable. Dno't get a lt of sunhere!!!

It can be moved whichever way you want, so it dowent have to stick "up".

I like it like that, as clsoe to my eyes as posible.

Guest wimpydragon
Saw these advertised, thought i might try because it looks more secure and it'll help keep the mud out also.

Any body got one?

http://www.krusell.se/product.php?s=2&prodGrp=2&product=1925

http://www.krusell.se/product.php?s=2&product=1275

available in most accessory shops.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've seen these but I can't find anywhere other than Ebay from which to buy them for (I'd be buying for a C500 but same principle)

Let me know how you get on if you order! :D

Guest adey_london
I've seen these but I can't find anywhere other than Ebay from which to buy them for  (I'd be buying for a C500 but same principle)

Let me know how you get on if you order!  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've just ordered the Krusell Bikeholder from www.L8Shop.Net (UK based) and then ordered the Krusell i-mate JAM Classic Multidapt case from Expansys - they had 13 in stock when I ordered.

The bikeholder has been dispatched, so if Expansys deliver as promised tomorrow too, I should be able to post some pics and give my opinion on Saturday after a ride...

Ady

Guest wimpydragon
I've just ordered the Krusell Bikeholder from www.L8Shop.Net (UK based) and then ordered the Krusell i-mate JAM Classic Multidapt case from Expansys - they had 13 in stock when I ordered.

The bikeholder has been dispatched, so if Expansys deliver as promised tomorrow too, I should be able to post some pics and give my opinion on Saturday after a ride...

Ady

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Niceone - will be interested to see how it turns out :-)

• 1 month later...
Guest Kermit75

Belfast-biker - Cool! What software you using the navigation, and if GPS where do you store the device, or is it in backpack? Got any photos of your set-up in a water proof cover?

Guest Kermit75

Belfast-biker - Cool! What software you using the navigation, and if GPS where do you store the device, or is it in backpack? Got any photos of your set-up in a water proof cover?

Guest belfast-biker
Belfast-biker - Cool!  What software you using the navigation, and if GPS where do you store the device, or is it in backpack?  Got any photos of your set-up in a water proof cover?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I use the awful Prymenav Navigator.... my next gps prog will deffo be a more mainstream one!

I keep the gps either in my pocket, backpack, doesn't matter!

No fotos, but the aquapak works well with it.