innovative ideas

Guest baby harddrive

Guest baby harddrive

Saw this while I was on my travels...

http://www.virtualdevices.net/

Also got my eyes on a stereo bluetooth headset. I know there are two models out there now but as already pointed out, they're not supported by the mda.

Pity we have to wait...

BTW anyone up to giving me technical lectures on programming? Nothing too farfetched, just playing about with customising my hardware/software.

Any Yodas feeling the calling?

Guest fraser
Saw this while I was on my travels...

http://www.virtualdevices.net/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Old news, they almost released it last year but some legal wrangle cropped up. Good to see they have a replacement by the looks of it, though you'd think the iBiz site would update the current page for the product.

Oh, and you ain't gonna learn programming from a forum. :-) There are lots of web sites out there for that sort of thing.

Guest bretto
BTW anyone up to giving me technical lectures on programming?  Nothing too farfetched, just playing about with customising my hardware/software.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi BH

Firstly you will have to choose your preferred development system. evc++ or VB, etc. You can download them and the specific device sdk from microsoft.

MS have a heap of knowledge on their site also but you might want to check out some of the sites around the place for some sample code and tutorials. google is your friend :D

Im not sure of your current knowledge so maybe a book or two on c++ couldnt hurt either.

I think you will get more milage out of the forums if you ask specific questions when you get stuck.

Come to think of it... before you even get the development system from MS you might consider grabbing some prozack and a straight jacket because it can get a little frustrating at times. :D

I would suggest if your interested to give it a go. You might like it.

And feel free to ask questions when you need to. Remember there is no such thing as a stupid question, only questions stupid people ask.....No seriously fire them off because thats what these forums should be about. Sharing knowledge and information.

Cheers

Bretto

• 5 months later...

I have an idea for a program:

This program sends the Caller ID of an incomming call trough Bluetooth or WIFI to a Desktop PC (Windows OS).

The Jabra BT800 shows it's possible to recieve this data to a client.

There are aslo several programs on MacOSx that are able to do this, but not on a Windows OS, like XP.

In my opinion a really good, new and wanted idea.

• 4 months later...
I have an idea for a program:

This program sends the Caller ID of an incomming call trough Bluetooth or WIFI to a Desktop PC (Windows OS).

The Jabra BT800 shows it's possible to recieve this data to a client.

There are aslo several programs on MacOSx that are able to do this, but not on a Windows OS, like XP.

In my opinion a really good, new and wanted idea.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nice idea, how about using TAPI to get the ID and use RAPI to send it to PC..?

Shall v work out on it? I prefer vb .net cz i don know C# or others..

Regards

Carty..