Automatic Keylock for WM2003 devices

Guest maniac103

Guest fozzie

Here's your log file. I had 2 unread SMSs and 2 read ones. It appears that the count isn't being reset when, re-checking? It also seems to add too many sometimes; in the log it said there were 3 new messages. I'll let it run for a bit and post again later, if you'd like, or I can test any new version :)

Keylock_debug.log.txt

Guest maniac103
Here's your log file.  I had 2 unread SMSs and 2 read ones. It appears that the count isn't being reset when, re-checking?  It also seems to add too many sometimes; in the log it said there were 3 new messages.  I'll let it run for a bit and post again later, if you'd like, or I can test any new version :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you have a little time :D, here is a version with some more debug.

Did you unlock the keypad after receiving the SMS? The unread message counter is reset upon an unlock of the keypad - either manual or automatic.

Edited by maniac103

Guest maniac103

I have uploaded version 2.41 to my webspace, which should have double counted calls fixed. I'm still trying to figure out why messages are ounted multiple times, so here is the matching debug version. If anyone has a little time, it would be nice if he could try this one :)

EDIT: New debug version below.

Edited by maniac103

Guest ronswens

There were 6 read smses in Inbox. I enabled Keylock, it didn't show any smses, than I sent 1 sms, keylock displayed 1 sms and after 1-2 secs 2 sms, I manually unlocked keyboard and read the last sms, after timeout keylock started and displayed 2 smses (there were actually no unread sms-es), then I disabled it

Keylock_debug.zip

Guest maniac103
There were 6 read smses in Inbox. I enabled Keylock, it didn't show any smses, than I sent 1 sms, keylock displayed 1 sms and after 1-2 secs 2 sms, I manually unlocked keyboard and read the last sms, after timeout keylock started and displayed 2 smses (there were actually no unread sms-es), then I disabled it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First: Thank you for helping!

What did you do (which keys did you press?) to unlock the keypad after receiving the first SMS? This has nothing to do with the message problem, but it seems that my keypad unlocking detection fails sometimes so the message counter does not get reset.

EDIT: And did you try the 2.4 debug version (posted 28/06/05) or the 2.41 debug version (posted 29/06/05)?

Edited by maniac103

Guest ronswens

To unlock I press left soft key, release it and press #

I tried the last debug version, posted yesterday. Ummm, several days ago I already tried previous debug version, so probably the new one just added lines to old Kelock_debug.log, is it possible? I'm not sure if I deleted the first Keylock_debug.log file. I can try again with .log file deleted if you want.

Edited by ronswens

Guest maniac103
To unlock I press left soft key, release it  and press #

I tried the last debug version, posted yesterday. Ummm, several days ago I already tried previous debug version, so probably the new one just added lines to old Kelock_debug.log, is it possible? I'm not sure if I deleted the first Keylock_debug.log file. I can try again with .log file deleted if you want.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This was very nice...indeed, the new debug log just appends to the old debug log.

EDIT: I have done a few other fixes which I hope fix this issue. Please try the attached bedug version and send me the output if something is wrong - or congratulations if nothing is wrong :)

Another EDIT: This debug version is deprecated. See below.

Edited by maniac103

Guest maniac103

I've uploaded a new version 2.42 to my webspace. The double counted messages problem should be fixed now. Please tell me if you still have problems - I will build another debug version then.

Guest fozzie

Unfortuanately, I've still got problems. I had 1 new message and the screen saver said 2. I read the message and it still said 2. I then received another 2 new messages and the screensaver said 5. I read them and the screensaver still says 5.

Guest ronswens

:) still double sms, just as sms received keylock shows "1 message", then I think tmail.exe starts to save sms in database, it turns display light on and right then keylock shows "2 messages"

Guest ronswens

maniac103

The screen saver starts not depending on "Home screen only" setting, from any active program, is this correct?

Guest maniac103
:) still double sms, just as sms received keylock shows "1 message", then I think tmail.exe starts to save sms in database, it turns display light on and right then keylock shows "2 messages"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D

Currently, when receiving a notification, I get the corresponding message, get its size and modification time and compare it to the last message I received a notification for. I don't see what causes double notifications now...I will build a debug version for this.

maniac103

The screen saver starts not depending on "Home screen only" setting, from any active program, is this correct?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, it is not...I will fix this.

Guest maniac103
The large icon for this app is missing on the home screen.  Looks kinda weird.  Can this be fixed?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you mean the problem is that I only have included a 16x16 pixel icon and not a 32x32 pixel one? I will have a look, but I think it can be fixed :)

Guest cuk0724

I have just installed ver2-24 and it now auto unlocks when I put it in the car without having the touch the phone :) I don't know what you have changed but I have tried it 10 time and it has been OK.

Guest huddox

Thanks for a great app! Can Voice Dial be effectively set up as an excluded application? I'd like to use Voice Dial via headset when the phone is in a case with the keypad locked. Thanks

Hi,

for those of you who miss an automatic keylock on the WM2003 devices, I have a solution ;)

The CAB file attached installs an automatic keylocker developed by me. There are several options:

- You can select the keylock timeout, configured seperately for applications and homescreen.

- You can select to enable automatic keylock only when on homescreen.

- You can exclude applications from the automatic keylock. There are 2 modes for that:

Simple mode: IE (but not the favorites window), WMP, BetaPlayer, Camera application for HTC devices are excludeable

Advanced mode: You can define your own list of applications by listing the executables

- You can select to disable automatic keylock when in headset or car profile or when charging.

- The phone can automatically be unlocked when switching to headset or car profile or when charging begins (but only if it was automatically locked before).

- The backlight can be turned always on when in car profile or when charging.

- A screen saver activated together with the keylock can be enabled which shows a clock and missed calls and messages.

There are English, French and German versions of this tool.

Attached is a screenshot of the configuration app.

Have a lot of fun ;)

EDIT: The program is now no longer attached to this post, but hosted on the web. Many thanks go to Hobo of sda-forum.de for providing the webspace. :D

You can either direct download it from the links above or visit the home page.

The current version is 2.4 (26/06/2005).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest maniac103
:D still double sms, just as sms received keylock shows "1 message", then I think tmail.exe starts to save sms in database, it turns display light on and right then keylock shows "2 messages"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, I was stupid yesterday. :lol:

I uploaded a new history and download page, but I fogot to upload the actual .cab files. :?: :roll:

This is corrected now.

maniac103

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is fixed in 2.43.

The large icon for this app is missing on the home screen.  Looks kinda weird.  Can this be fixed?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fixed in 2.43, too.

I have just installed ver2-24 and it now auto unlocks when I put it in the car without having the touch the phone :)  I don't know what you have changed but I have tried it 10 time and it has been OK.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D

Nice that it works now.

Thanks for a great app!  Can Voice Dial be effectively set up as an excluded application?  I'd like to use Voice Dial via headset when the phone is in a case with the keypad locked. Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, because voice dial is no app itself that has a window in the foreground. You only can exclude the headset in general fom the keylock.

Guest fozzie

Some improvement now, on my C500. The counter does now increase by the correct amount for new messages :) However, it doesn't reset when I come out of the screensaver; it keeps adding any new messages to the old total. Also, it doesn't display the missed calls total.

Anything I can test?

Guest maniac103
Some improvement now, on my C500.  The counter does now increase by the correct amount for new messages :)  However, it doesn't reset when I come out of the screensaver; it keeps adding any new messages to the old total.  Also, it doesn't display the missed calls total.

Anything I can test?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a suspicion. Please test the attached .exe. Please press some keys, lock the keyboard, unlock it and send me the debug log. I think that there are some security restrictions when getting the key info.

I noticed this when I did a reset on my SDA this weekend. I was not able to get key info from my keyboard hook as long as I did not security unlock it. The symtoms were the same like on your phone. I don't know if the C500 is security locked by default and - if it is - if the SDA security unlocker does work on it, though? :??:

Edited by maniac103

Guest Maaz
I have a suspicion. Please test the attached .exe. Please press some keys, lock the keyboard, unlock it and send me the debug log. I think that there are some security restrictions when getting the key info.

I noticed this when I did a reset on my SDA this weekend. I was not able to get key info from my keyboard hook as long as I did not security unlock it. The symtoms were the same like on your phone. I don't know if the C500 is security locked by default and - if it is - if the SDA security unlocker does work on it, though?  :??:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have an security unlocked spv, and have the same problems as described above...

So I don't think the answer is in that direction, although I wish you the best of luck, since I really enjoy your keylock software, and hope it will be bugg-free soon...

Good luck!!!

That is SPV C500, sorry!!

Edited by Maaz

Guest maniac103
I have an security unlocked spv, and have the same problems as described above...

So I don't think the answer is in that direction, although I wish you the best of luck, since I really enjoy your keylock software, and hope it will be bugg-free soon...

Good luck!!!

That is SPV C500, sorry!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is bug-free, well at least in this point, on my phone at the moment after unlocking it :)

So I think there must be a difference between an unlocked SDA and a C500. Please run the debug version and send me the output.

Guest maniac103
Just did as you asked; pressed some keys, locked the keypad and then unlocked it.  There's not much in the log file.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, this is way too little debug output.

I will check this this evening.

EDIT: I have checked it and found that I placed the debug messages into the wrong place. Sorry :oops:

Here is the corrected debug .exe.

Edited by maniac103

Guest VodkaShot

I have a problem with my BT car kit and key locking. Of course, the voice dial doesn't work when the keyboard is locked (how stupid that is). I know than Key locker allows to unlock the phone when it's in the car profile. The problem is that the phone doesn't switch itself into the car profile when it connects to the car kit, instead the little headphone icon appears on the icon bar and it remains in the normal profile (I even can't manually switch it into the car profile). The basic functions (call using the last dialed number by holding the green button on the kit and receive calls) work though. The car kit is Parrot CK3000.

I don't know if this is the right place to complain about it, but maybe some additional features could be added in the keylocker to work around this. For example, to unlock in the normal profile if the headset icon appears.

Edited by VodkaShot

Guest cuk0724
I have a problem with my BT car kit and key locking.  Of course, the voice dial doesn't work when the keyboard is locked (how stupid that is).  I know than Key locker allows to unlock the phone when it's in the car profile.  The problem is that the phone doesn't switch itself into the car profile when it connects to the car kit, instead the little headphone icon appears on the icon bar and it remains in the normal profile (I even can't manually switch it into the car profile).  The basic functions (call using the last dialed number by holding the green button on the kit and receive calls) work though.  The car kit is Parrot CK3000. 

I don't know if this is the right place to complain about it, but maybe some additional features could be added in the keylocker to work around this.  For example, to unlock in the normal profile if the headset icon appears.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have a look at this.

Already discussed earlier in the thread, >>here<<.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But the problem is that there is no handsfree profile :)

If you look at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Profiles in the registry, you see the options that do exist. I have not yet found an option to detect if there is a BT headset connected - and I don't even have one to test it...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hope that helps.