Automatic Keylock for WM2003 devices

Guest maniac103

Guest fatman
I don't know if this is the right place to complain about it, but maybe some additional features could be added in the keylocker to work around this.  For example, to unlock in the normal profile if the headset icon appears.

I use a BT headset in the car and get around the keylock issue by plugging my C500 into a car charger and setting the program to unlock the phone if its charging... Not perfect but it does work, and will do until I get round to installing a proper car kit.

Guest VodkaShot
I use a BT headset in the car and get around the keylock issue by plugging my C500 into a car charger and setting the program to unlock the phone if its charging... Not perfect but it does work, and will do until I get round to installing a proper car kit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Doesn't sound good :) The advantage of BT hand sfree is that you don't have to take the phone out of the pocket (or wherever it is) to connect to it.

Is there no way to detect that little headset icon and unlock the keyboard when it's present?

Guest maniac103
Doesn't sound good  :)  The advantage of BT hand sfree is that you don't have to take the phone out of the pocket (or wherever it is) to connect to it.

Is there no way to detect that little headset icon and unlock the keyboard when it's present?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can try to look around at Google if you find some tips how to do this. I googled a lot of times and found nothing. The only thing I have tested successully is detecting if a BT headset is the room (I mean: BT range). But I have not found any possibility to detect if it is connected or not.

Guest VodkaShot
You can try to look around at Google if you find some tips how to do this. I googled a lot of times and found nothing. The only thing I have tested successully is detecting if a BT headset is the room (I mean: BT range). But I have not found any possibility to detect if it is connected or not.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will look around and report if I found something. Just a few questions to send me in the right direction... The phone has two 'relevant' profiles: headset and car. Which one should be used for the the BT handsfree? Also, how the phone determines what profile to switch to? Should the headset send some sort of ID info to the phone (in which case I'll bug the Parrot support)? Or is it up to the phone to determine?

BTW, for my purposes it would be enough to determine if BT headset is in the range (but only the headset I'm paired with, not any headset).

Edited by VodkaShot

Guest Vulku

Hi, first of all: Thank you for this great software that I use since I found it on Mobismart.net.

A few things that I noticed (for info I have a SPV E200, last Orange FR ROM and I use the french version of your software):

You should write "Profils spéciaux" instead of "Profiles spécial" (not very important but to have a perfect soft, even in french :D ).

In the "Profiles spécial" section there are two profiles "En voiture" ("Car profile") but the second one is the "Charging profile" which should be "En charge".

I also use Dockware from Tillanosoft and if I have it installed before Auto Keylock, your software returns me this error message (I translate it :) ): "Impossible to create the hook, the program will be closed (31)"

If I install Dockware after Auto Keylock, I can have both of them for a few hours but, in the end, I am forced to uninstall Dockware if I want to conserve Auto Keylock. I'd like to have both of them. Do you think you'll manage to fix that problem? :cry:

Otherwise: CONGRATULATIONS! I missed that function since I use SMPs

Guest maniac103
I will look around and report if I found something.  Just a few questions to send me in the right direction... The phone has two 'relevant' profiles:  headset and car.  Which one should be used for the the BT handsfree?  Also, how the phone determines what profile to switch to?  Should the headset send some sort of ID info to the phone (in which case I'll bug the Parrot support)?  Or is it up to the phone to determine?

BTW, for my purposes it would be enough to determine if BT headset is in the range (but only the headset I'm paired with, not any headset).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, thats the problem...the phone switches the current profile to "headset" if a cable headset is connected, but it does not switch the profile when a BT headset is connected.

My guess is that it recognizes the cable headset by measuring the resistance level at one pin of the headset plug.

The detection of paired devices is something I have not yet working here :lol:

Hi, first of all: Thank you for this great software that I use since I found it on Mobismart.net.

A few things that I noticed (for info I have a SPV E200, last Orange FR ROM and I use the french version of your software):

You should write "Profils spéciaux" instead of "Profiles spécial" (not very important but to have a perfect soft, even in french  :D ).

In the "Profiles spécial" section there are two profiles "En voiture" ("Car profile") but the second one is the "Charging profile" which should be "En charge".

Oh, this was a copy-and-paste mistake :)

I will correct these two mistakes with the next release. Thank you for spotting these!

I also use Dockware from Tillanosoft and if I have it installed before Auto Keylock, your software returns me this error message (I translate it  :D ): "Impossible to create the hook, the program will be closed (31)"

If I install Dockware after Auto Keylock, I can have both of them for a few hours but, in the end, I am forced to uninstall Dockware if I want to conserve Auto Keylock. I'd like to have both of them. Do you think you'll manage to fix that problem?  :cry:

Otherwise: CONGRATULATIONS! I missed that function since I use SMPs

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is something some people reported when using several programs which make use of keyboard hooks. The possibility to create keyboard hooks is not documented on Smartphones, so there is no documentation how many apps can be installed which create keyboard hooks. Perhaps there are some more programs you have installed that make use of them and the maximum number (which I don't know exactly) is reached?

Error code 31 is "A device connected to this system does not work.", BTW. I do not know what the exact problem is here. But I tried Dockware (trial version) and it worked on my phone (T-Mobile SDA) together with my program :??:

Guest Vulku

I don't know. Here are the soft that I use. But if you can't fix it, well... I suppose I have to go without Dockware... :)

Bubbles shooter

RJV SMS Scheduler

Smartexplorer

SP Tasks Manager

Virtual Pool Mobile

E200 Screenfix

Dockware

SmartSS

My Tools

Shell Orange

Smart Solitaire

Smartfilter

Orneta Calculator

PHM Registry Editor

Robb1 Convertisseur

Sprite Backup

PocketNotepad

Clearview Suite

RJV Reg Tweaks UI

Oops, last version (V2.46) doesn't work on my device whereas the previous one did. I'll try the English one.

Edited by Vulku

Guest vmfp

Hi !

Thank you for this very usefull app but since the 2.42 version, it don't work anymore on Orange C500 devices. No key locking and no screen saver.

I hope you can do something.

Regards

Guest cuk0724

Hi Maniac

Just installed ver 2.46, and now have a problem. After I have set all the options up and pressed OK, the phone will lock after the time out set. If I then unlock it will not auto lock again. This is just the handset and not using any profiles. Also tried the unlock automatically with an advanced exclude which also did not work.

Just gone back to ver 2-42 and all is OK again :)

Edited by cuk0724

Guest Maaz
Hi Maniac

Just installed ver 2.46, and now have a problem. After I have set all the options up and pressed OK, the phone will lock after the time out set. If I then unlock it will not auto lock again. This is just the handset and not using any profiles. Also tried the unlock automatically with an advanced exclude which also did not work.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Version 2.46 doesn't even lock the first time with my phone.

It just does nothing.....

Going back to a previous version now, if i can find it on your download page....

Edit: Seems I have to be un-keylocked untill it works with an Orange SPV C500, can't find version 2.42 anymore....

damn.....

Please, make this nice app work with an SPV C500 again Maniac, I really liked it....

Greetssss

Edited by Maaz

Guest maniac103
Hi !

Thank you for this very usefull app but since the 2.42 version, it don't work anymore on Orange C500 devices. No key locking and no screen saver.

I hope you can do something.

Regards

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Maniac

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thing each of your problems can be broke down to one:

Please try the debug version from here (post #248 of this thread), let it autolock, unlock it manually and press some keys. Then send me the debug output. I will then try to find out what I can do.

Edited by maniac103

Guest maniac103

In the \Temp directory on the phone there should be a file called keylock_debug.log.

EDIT: And please give your settings, too.

And in the meantime: Here is 2.42 :)

Edited by maniac103

Guest cuk0724
In the \Temp directory on the phone there should be a file called keylock_debug.log.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Screen 1 enabled, advanced excludes (cityalarm.exe)

2 10sec, 10 mins

3 All but backlight when charging

4 None

5 Wait time 250, Unlock

Keylock_debug.zip

Guest Vulku

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And the french 2.42? :oops:

Guest maniac103

Hmmm, I don't get why it does not re-lock after unlocking. What I see is why the SMS and call counter does not get reset on C500: I can't access the key code inside the keyboard callback proc. This is the behaviour I saw when my SDA was security locked. We have 2 options now:

- We find a way to get the keycode read working on C500 (anyone used the SDA security unlocker on the C500 yet?)

- I make an option to reset the counter on every keypress so I don't need to read the keycode (or does anyone has a better idea for an event to trigger the counter reset?)

For the other problems: Please try this new debug .exe. I have added some more debugs. I'm sorry for the circumstances, but everything works fine here even with your settings :??:

EDIT: And here is the french 2.42. But please try to help debugging, though :)

Edited by maniac103

Guest cuk0724

Stuff work, this is far more important!.

Attached log file. Just tried it in the car and it unlocked and then locked then unlocked OK. It seams to be when it is manually unlocked it does not auto lock again.

Hope this helps.

Keylock_debug.zip

Guest maniac103

I have uploaded a new version 2.47 to my webspace which should fix this problem :)

All people for who everything has worked before should enable the option "Detect manual unlock" on the page "Unlock" to reset the missed meassge counter only on unlock, not on every keypress.

Guest cuk0724
I have uploaded a new version 2.47 to my webspace which should fix this problem :)

All people for who everything has worked before should enable the option "Detect manual unlock" on the page "Unlock" to reset the missed meassge counter only on unlock, not on every keypress.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Downloaded this afternoon, and it has been running fine so far. In car, headset and just the handset :D

One question though. I have set an advance mode unlock automatically (screen 1) for Cityalarms. Am I right in thinking that when the alarm programe comes up the phone should unlock if locked? as I can't get it to work. Or does it do something else :exclaim:

Guest fozzie

There is a solution for Orange C500 users. There have been problems with the new Opera Mobile not working on Orange C500s. From the Opera website:

Opera 8 for Windows Mobile is signed with a Mobile2Market privileged certificate. Most of today's devices are shipped with this certificate. The only exception is devices sold by Orange and Verizon that require specific certificates.

Lucky for us, James has just posted an app >>here:)

Guest cuk0724
There's an XML and two other files. How is the application installed?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't unzip the file. It is not a zip file but a cab file. Just copy the cab file to your phone and then run it. It will then install.

Hope that helps.

Guest cuk0724
There is a solution for Orange C500 users.  There have been problems with the new Opera Mobile not working on Orange C500s.  From the Opera website:

Lucky for us, James has just posted an app >>here:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just tried that. I have mine unlocked by the Orange unlocking tool (from the developers site) and when I run the check programe it said it was locked. Will see what happens.

Guest Vulku

Thank you maniac103, I've read on www.mobismart.net that some still have problems with notifications but as I don't use them :)

So as far as I'm concerned, your software give me all I expected from it. So I wanted to say to you a big "THANK YOU!". I'll follow the improvements you seem to want to give it. And I think this should be given (sold :D ) with each new Smartphone sold in this world. This is a MUST HAVE.

Once more: thank you!