Automatic Keylock for WM2003 devices

Guest maniac103

Guest joschmoblo

Ok ... I apologize, but I did not want to scan through 19 pages, so I'm hoping someone will be nice enough to tell me.

I'm still learning about these smartphones and I was wondering in what directory should I load the cab file into?

Thanks a ton in advance!!!

Christina

:)

Guest quanmax
Hi,

EDIT: The program is now no longer attached to this post, but hosted on the web. Many thanks go to Hobo of sda-forum.de for providing the webspace. :D

Please visit the home page for infos & download.

Have a lot of fun :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The site is a German site which I cannot understand. I tried looking for keylock but could not find it. Is it not possible to just post the software back in here?

Guest maniac103
I've run it and now Keylock seems to be working fine, even using the detect manual unlock option :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If this option does not work, there is no error or warning, it just behaves like the option is not selected. So check when the counter is reset on your phone when the option is set, and you know if it does work :D

Ok ... I apologize, but I did not want to scan through 19 pages, so I'm hoping someone will be nice enough to tell me.

I'm still learning about these smartphones and I was wondering in what directory should I load the cab file into?

Thanks a ton in advance!!!

Christina

:D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You best put it into \Storage\windows\StartUp. The program will then be installed upon the next reboot.

The site is a German site which I cannot understand. I tried looking for keylock but could not find it. Is it not possible to just post the software back in here?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is very much effort to post the program on several sites. There is an English version of my page (http://maniac.fschreiner.de/en/index_en.htm), so you can look there :lol:

Edited by maniac103

Guest pauledmond
Don't unzip the file. It is not a zip file but a cab file. Just copy the cab file to your phone and then run it. It will then install.

Hope that helps.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, sorry, my bad!

Again, great app and support!

Guest pauledmond
There is a solution for Orange C500 users.  There have been problems with the new Opera Mobile not working on Orange C500s.  From the Opera website:

Lucky for us, James has just posted an app >>here:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When running ResetSecurity I get the following message: DMProcessConfigXML failed (0X80070005)

I have an C500 and it is locked.

Am I doing something wrong?

Guest fozzie

Is your phone 'application unlocked' either through the Orange Developers web site using the OTA method, or with the Orange phone specific security application? If not, then I would suggest you do that first, before using this tool.

Guest Adrian Chia

HI! Love the program and have been following its development. I'm using the O2 xphone II and everything works fine except for the notification. With version 2.48, i only see the notification for messages, but not for missed calls. and after unlocking and reading my messages, when it switches back to the screensvaer, the message notification is not cleared.

Am i doing something wrong with the configuration?

Thanks for your help.. :)

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

@maniac103

Top app! Thanks for this. I love the time/date screensaver! Version 2.48 works fine on C500 (French ROM 4.2.2.1) :)

Is it possible to have the screensaver display longer after the left soft key is pressed? or maybe provide an extra option for that?

Like if I want to know the time at night when I don't have my eyeglasses on, the only way to display the time/date with backlight is through the left soft key but it will only be displayed for a couple of milliseconds then goes to Unlock dialog.

The white time/date text against black background provides great contrast, thus easily viewed by someone visually impaired...like me :shock:

Guest maniac103
@maniac103

Top app! Thanks for this. I love the time/date screensaver! Version 2.48 works fine on C500 (French ROM 4.2.2.1)  :)

Is it possible to have the screensaver display longer after the left soft key is pressed? or maybe provide an extra option for that?

Like if I want to know the time at night when I don't have my eyeglasses on, the only way to display the time/date with backlight is through the left soft key but it will only be displayed for a couple of milliseconds then goes to Unlock dialog.

The white time/date text against black background provides great contrast, thus easily viewed by someone visually impaired...like me  :shock:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Would it suit your needs if I implement a configurable delay between key press and screensaver disappearing? I mean - you press the left softkey, and the screensaver disappears after e.g. 2 seconds?

Guest maniac103
Yes! I'll be waiting for your update. :D

THANK YOU!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Done in 2.5, which is available on my web site right now :)

Guest scrattyrat

Hi there,

havent checked back in a while....

Any updates on detecting bluetooth headsets to trigger unlocking?

Or detecting activesync connection to trigger unlocking (not charging but activesync)?

Many Thanks!

:)

Guest maniac103
Hi there,

havent checked back in a while....

Any updates on detecting bluetooth headsets to trigger unlocking?

Or detecting activesync connection to trigger unlocking (not charging but activesync)?

Many Thanks!

:D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately, two times no.

In my testing, I have been able to detect if a BT headset is in BT range, but not if it is connected.

For ActiveSync connections, all I have found in the SDK is an event which fires on connect (this is ok) and when synchronization finishes (this is far too early). I have not found an vent which fires upon disconnect :D

BTW: I have uploaded 2.51 to my webspace, which now has an option to select between short and long date for the screen saver. :)

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
BTW: I have uploaded 2.51 to my webspace, which now has an option to select between short and long date for the screen saver. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're a star! Thanks a million. :D

post-12251-1120824240_thumb.jpg

Guest Wombleuk

Now that's interesting.

Only this afternoon, I was wondering whether it would be too picky to ask if you could include an option to have 24 hour time format.

I downloaded the latest version and find that it now shows 24 hour time format, which is great.

Only problem is that I don't see an option to change the time format to the am/pm, as above, should I want to in future.

I haven't changed any of my settings and I had am/pm before this release.

So how come I now get 24 hour time?

Thanks for a great app by the way

Edited by Wombleuk

Guest maniac103
Now that's interesting.

Only this afternoon, I was wondering whether it would be too picky to ask if you could include an option to have 24 hour time format.

I downloaded the latest version and find that it now shows 24 hour time format, which is great.

Only problem is that I don't see an option to change the time format to the am/pm, as above, should I want to in future.

I haven't changed any of my settings and I had am/pm before this release.

So how come I now get 24 hour time?

Thanks for a great app by the way

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The program uses the settings you defines in Windows (Settings->Local Settings). It uses the time format set (but without the seconds), and the short or long date format (you can configure which one) set there.

Guest exeweb

I downloaded the latest version of this nifty little tool last night and was delighted with it.

However, when I restarted my phone the program no longer started. When I accessed it from the start menu it was OK, but following a restart it doesn't work. Could this be the case if I stored the program on the storage card rather than on the phone?

Secondly, I am a little baffled by the notification element. I cleared all my messages yesterday and it was all fine. After sending one, the notification line showed "1 message" despite there being none in any of my folders. This morning it was showing "8 messages" which was three I had received and five I had sent, even though those weren't stored anywhere on the phone. I know I could just switch the notification display off, but it seems like a very cool feature.

Any idea on how to clear up these issues?

(apologies if these problems have been covered elsewehere incidentally, I read through about half of the 20 pages of this thread and then lost my patience!)

Edited by exeweb

Guest Wombleuk

Just found something odd with the latest version.

When the screensaver kicks in, it stays on for about 10 seconds then shows the homescreen again.

When the screen goes off and I hit the soft button, I just get the homescreen displayed even though I have a delay of 600 ms on the screensaver.

Guest Wombleuk

When the screensaver kicks in, it stays on for about 10 seconds then shows the homescreen again.

When the screen goes off and I hit the soft button, I just get the homescreen displayed even though I have a delay of 600 ms on the screensaver.

Guest rob5600
Unfortunately, two times no.

In my testing, I have been able to detect if a BT headset is in BT range, but not if it is connected.

This may be sufficient for most users. I use a Motorola with a flip boom, so when I take it off I close the boom turing it off. The only time it'd be 'in range' would be when it's on my head.

Just an idea. :)

Guest maniac103
I downloaded the latest version of this nifty little tool last night and was delighted with it.

However, when I restarted my phone the program no longer started.  When I accessed it from the start menu it was OK, but following a restart it doesn't work.  Could this be the case if I stored the program on the storage card rather than on the phone?

Did you install it to the storage card? If yes - this does not work because there is no access to the storage card when autostart programs are executed.

Secondly, I am a little baffled by the notification element.  I cleared all my messages yesterday and it was all fine.  After sending one, the notification line showed "1 message" despite there being none in any of my folders.  This morning it was showing "8 messages" which was three I had received and five I had sent, even though those weren't stored anywhere on the phone.  I know I could just switch the notification display off, but it seems like a very cool feature.

Any idea on how to clear up these issues?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You mean that sent messages are also counted? This is odd, as the screensaver should not run when you are typing the messages :)

I will build a debug version to track this issue.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you give me your settings from the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AutoKeylock?

Guest pdigrego

Hello,

I would like to know if it should be possible to include a missed calls counter on the screen saver (should be great !).

I tried the V2.51 on my C500 and the number of new messages on my screen saver is always increasing, the only way to reset it is to restart the phone...

This app is VERY nice thank you for this great job !!!

Guest maniac103
Hello,

I would like to know if it should be possible to include a missed calls counter on the screen saver (should be great !).

It is already there... :??:

I tried the V2.51 on my C500 and the number of new messages on my screen saver is always increasing, the only way to reset it is to restart the phone...

This app is VERY nice thank you for this great job !!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is odd, this behaviour should not occur with 2.51. Did you un-check "detect manual unlock" on the unlock page? If no - please un-check it and try again if the counter is reset (it should be reset upon a keypress).

Guest exeweb
You mean that sent messages are also counted? This is odd, as the screensaver should not run when you are typing the messages :)

Manic,

Thanks for your reply. I have now installed the utility onto the phone and it's now firing up at start up. Amateur mistake on my part!

The text issue remains though. I have just received two texts and sent two. All are counted, even though the two I have received have been read. So I would expect it to show no messages, but it in fact reads four.

It seems to count every message received and sent since the program was started.