Automatic Keylock for WM2003 devices

Guest maniac103

Hi Maniac.

congratulations for your soft which is really a great one.

I'm using french 2.52 version on a Orange SPV C500.

I noticed that the use of the screensaver made me use my battery twice more quickly.

When I do not activate it, I double my autonomy.

Franck

Guest prusling

Maniac,

This has been the most useful add-on for my c500 - providing functions that really should have been supplied as standard.

I have a few issues - I have to re-enable bluetooth and re-set the backlight timeout (from 5 secs to 60 secs) each time I re-boot, and I still get the number of messages displayed incorrectly, but I can live with these niggles, and fixes would really be the icing on the cake.

Many thanks for all your efforts

Pete

Guest maniac103
I have a few issues - I have to re-enable bluetooth and re-set the backlight timeout (from 5 secs to 60 secs) each time I re-boot,

This will be fixed in the next version.

and I still get the number of messages displayed incorrectly, but I can live with these niggles, and fixes would really be the icing on the cake.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But I do not know what to do about this issue, I'm sorry.

EDIT: I have uploaded the new version 2.6. The bluetooth issue is now gone, there are more options in timeout for applications and the keylock and the screen saver are now separately configurable.

Edited by maniac103

Guest maniac103
Always same problem with autonomy and ver 2.6 FR.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is something I can't fix, sorry. The lower battery life time is caused by the screen not switched off, not by the program. You can see that if you set the display timeout to something lower than "Never" with enabled screen saver.

Guest houser21

User's dream: Autokeylock and Autoflight in one bottle.

It would be desirable to add some new functions to Autokeylock.

1. Announce o'clock time.

2. Speaking time by pressing hot key.

3. Automatically turn on/off the Flight Mode at scheduled time. Support unlock PIN code when turn off Flight Mode.

Dear maniac103 please make these additions to Autokeylock.

Guest maniac103
Small bug in the version 2.6en.

There is an lines overlaping in the "Screen saver" menu.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, you are right. I have uploaded a new 2.6EN which has this fixed. Thank you.

Guest prusling

maniac

I've just realised that the special profile "when charging" is exactly that, and the keylock kicks back in when the phone is fully charged. Is there any chance that you could make the setting (or at least have an option) to apply when the phone has external power connected (which would continue to be true when fully charged)? Not sure whether you can sense this?

Thanks

Peter

I have been looking for this exact solution today and I was very impressed by your software. Many thanks and I will post news about it on my site shortly.

Guest DomConway
Yes, you are right. I have uploaded a new 2.6EN which has this fixed. Thank you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice one for keeping up the work on this maniac103, it really is a top piece of software, probably the most useful thing I've ever installed on my C500

Guest bcadge

Fantastic application. Just one request - I have my phone configured with the auto keylock off and the screen saver on. In the 'charging' profile I have 'disable' and 'enable backlight' set on.

If I have manually locked the keypad and I put the phone in its cradle, the keypad is unlocked and the backlight stays on permanently - just what I want. BUT, I would like the screen saver to still come on in this mode, but without locking the keypad (as the charging cradle is in my car).

Could you add an option to allow the screensaver to still be activited after automatically unlocking the keypad when on ac power (but without then locking the keypad).

Hope that makes sense!

Guest bogardan

Great program, my only complain is for the alarm, that you cann't snooze it with one button, you need to push menu and snooze ... rather than snooze it (hopefully this will be fixed in the next release) or even better ... built in alarm toggle/set up (maybe even with which day the alarm is set, improvement from the old alarm toggle) so we can set it instead of using different plugin (alarm plugin)

My other request is to enable light in screensaver mode while it charging (this will be great on the craddle) side clock ... if possible (that will be perfect :))

Btw is there instruction to use the advance mode ? I want to prevent auto lock while i'm using the orneta reader (i know i can just toggle the enable auto lock in home only, but i want it to lock in all programs except 2, reader and beta player) Thanks !!

Great great program

Try to increase the window wait time (on the unlock page) and look if this window title in the edit field is the same as the title of the "unlock" window (the one appearing after pressing the left softkey). This should help :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank! It's working now... ;)

Guest maniac103
maniac

I've just realised that the special profile "when charging" is exactly that, and the keylock kicks back in when the phone is fully charged.  Is there any chance that you could make the setting (or at least have an option) to apply when the phone has external power connected (which would continue to be true when fully charged)?  Not sure whether you can sense this?

Thanks

Peter

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you have connected an AC adapter, it gets detected right now and the keylock should stay out. If you have connected an USB cable, there is no way for me to detect this. I can only detect if the battery is charging in this case. Sorry - but for WinCE an USB cable is no charger, and I can't do anything about this issue.

Fantastic application.  Just one request - I have my phone configured with the auto keylock off and the screen saver on.  In the 'charging' profile I have 'disable' and 'enable backlight' set on.

If I have manually locked the keypad and I put the phone in its cradle, the keypad is unlocked and the backlight stays on permanently - just what I want.  BUT, I would like the screen saver to still come on in this mode, but without locking the keypad (as the charging cradle is in my car).

Could you add an option to allow the screensaver to still be activited after automatically unlocking the keypad when on ac power (but without then locking the keypad).

Hope that makes sense!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You mean separate excludes for screensaver and keylock? This should be feasable :)

I will have a look at this when I have a bit of time.

My other request is to enable light in screensaver mode while it charging (this will be great on the craddle) side clock ... if possible (that will be perfect :()

Btw is there instruction to use the advance mode ? I want to prevent auto lock while i'm using the orneta reader (i know i can just toggle the enable auto lock in home only, but i want it to lock in all programs except 2, reader and beta player) Thanks !!

Great great program

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For the first one: Please see above ;)

For the second one: Put a list of the names of the .exe files you have to exclude into the edit field provided, separated by a character of your choice. For example, you could put in the following:

BetaPlayer.exe;Camera.exe;IExplore.exe

Hope this helps.

Edited by maniac103

Guest micalax

Amazing application!

I just wonder:is it possible to add features of open-sorce BTAutoSync SP (quote:BTAutoSync SP (Bluetooth AutoSync) for Smartphone 2003, is an application which will schedule repeated, automatic ActiveSync over Bluetooth! BTAutoSync SP will 'wake up' at user-defined intervals (as often as every minute) and attempt to locate your Bluetooth/ActiveSync partner desktop (over Bluetooth) and establish an ActiveSync connection... _http://www.psychoman.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=9.new#new ).

That is another "must to have" application,and if it is possible to combine these application it will be a dream.

Author of BTAutoSync SP have published Source Code so, I think it will be not so hard to add all features of auto sync with PC.

As for me,in BTAutoSync I miss a sync with PC via BT when I come at home and put SmartPhone on AC adapter and by some(10 or 30 minutes after) time SmartPhone start sync(when I already switch on computer). Thank you again for your work.

P.S. Excuse me for my poor English.

You mean separate excludes for screensaver and keylock? This should be feasable :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Daniel, thanks for the truly great and useful application!

This user's request is a nice one - while I'm driving, the phone in a cradle and the charger plugged-in - I would really like having your elegant screen saver active with backlight, providing not only the time but also the message and vmail status... (my home screen is too bright for night driving and lacks the moving screensaver attribute). This would also would be great for the hotel night-stand...

Simply put - a "screen-saver-only-without-keylock mode" (with backlight) while charging would really great to have.

FYI, I also notice that the screen saver doesn't keep an accurate count of the number of unread messages on my Audiovox SMT 5600 - no big deal from a functional stand point - but it appears you have perfectionist tendancies and I thought you might like to know :-)...

Thanks again,

-- brian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This user's request is a nice one - while I'm driving, the phone in a cradle and the charger plugged-in - I would really like having your elegant screen saver active with backlight, providing not only the time but also the message and vmail status... (my home screen is too bright for night driving and lacks the moving screensaver attribute :-). This would also would be great for the hotel night-stand...

Simply put - a "screen-saver-only-without-keylock mode" (with backlight) while charging would really great to have.

FYI, I also notice that the screen saver doesn't keep an accurate count of the number of unread messages on my Audiovox SMT 5600 - no big deal from a functional stand point - but it appears you have perfectionist tendancies and I thought you might like to know :-)...

Thanks again,

-- brian

Guest maniac103

This user's request is a nice one - while I'm driving, the phone in a cradle and the charger plugged-in - I would really like having your elegant screen saver active with backlight, providing not only the time but also the message and vmail status...  (my home screen is too bright for night driving and lacks the moving screensaver attribute :-).  This would also would be great for the hotel night-stand...

Thanks again,

-- brian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have added this feature (disable screen saver and keylock separately in the profile settings) to the version 2.61 which I have uploaded onto my web site. Check it out :)

Regarding the message counter: Does it still show too many messages or does it show too less?

Guest maniac103
Amazing application!

I just wonder:is it possible to add features of open-sorce BTAutoSync SP (quote:BTAutoSync SP (Bluetooth AutoSync) for Smartphone 2003, is an application which will schedule repeated, automatic ActiveSync over Bluetooth! BTAutoSync SP will 'wake up' at user-defined intervals (as often as every minute) and attempt to locate your Bluetooth/ActiveSync partner desktop (over Bluetooth) and establish an ActiveSync connection... _http://www.psychoman.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=9.new#new ).

That is another "must to have" application,and if it is possible to combine these application it will be a dream.

Author of BTAutoSync SP have published Source Code so, I think it will be not so hard to add all features of auto sync with PC.

As for me,in BTAutoSync I miss a sync with PC via BT when I come at home and put SmartPhone on AC adapter and by some(10 or 30 minutes after) time SmartPhone start sync(when I already switch on computer). Thank you again for your work.

P.S. Excuse me for my poor English.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, but I won't include this one...It is written in C# (I am not aware of this programming language) and I am writing in C++ - the porting between these languages isn't simple and will perhaps take as much time as a complete re-write :shock:

But what is the problem of running both files together?

Guest bcadge
I have added this feature (disable screen saver and keylock separately in the profile settings) to the version 2.61 which I have uploaded onto my web site. Check it out :)

Regarding the message counter: Does it still show too many messages or does it show too less?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks very much for adding the additional screensaver option. However, there does appear to a bug with the code. If the option to 'unlock automatically' when charging is set and the new 'disable screensaver' option is not set, then when on external power the screensaver flicks back to the home screen for a moment every 30 seconds (or every 'x' seconds where 'x' is the timeout set for the screensaver) and then back to the screensaver again.

Perhaps the program is repeatedly checking whether the keypad is locked even after unlocking it? Is it possible to stop checking for keypad lock after the keypad has been unlocked automatically (until the power status changes to battery again) so that the screensaver stays on while charging?

Guest maniac103
Thanks very much for adding the additional screensaver option.  However, there does appear to a bug with the code.  If the option to 'unlock automatically' when charging is set and the new 'disable screensaver' option is not set, then when on external power the screensaver flicks back to the home screen for a moment every 30 seconds (or every 'x' seconds where 'x' is the timeout set for the screensaver) and then back to the screensaver again.

Perhaps the program is repeatedly checking whether the keypad is locked even after unlocking it?  Is it possible to stop checking for keypad lock after the keypad has been unlocked automatically (until the power status changes to battery again) so that the screensaver stays on while charging?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm, the program should check whether the keypad is locked or not. But for this it does not need to turn off the screen saver. The screen saver only has to be turned off when unlocking the keypad.

I will have a look into this.

EDIT: Problem found and fixed in 2.62 :)

Edited by maniac103

Guest DomConway
Hmm, the program should check whether the keypad is locked or not. But for this it does not need to turn off the screen saver. The screen saver only has to be turned off when unlocking the keypad.

I will have a look into this.

EDIT: Problem found and fixed in 2.62 :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nicely done! Seems to have reintroduced the problem where some of the text in the Screen saver settings screen is obscured tho.

post-103968-1125470312_thumb.jpg

Guest maniac103
Nicely done!  Seems to have reintroduced the problem where some of the text in the Screen saver settings screen is obscured tho.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Waaah ;)

I certainly need to set up a versioning system here :)

I'll fix that tomorrow. Thank you for pointing it out!

EDIT: I have uploaded an updated 2.62EN.

Edited by maniac103