Automatic Keylock for WM2003 devices

Guest maniac103

Guest balaaan
One possible work-around is to increase the deactivation delay (page screen saver) to something like 1000 ms or so.

Other than that, I have no idea what to do to fix this as I can't detect from my program if the screen is off or not :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

Thanks for the tip.. it's a nice temporary work-around :idea: , though it didn't really solve my issue :( (I don't want the unlock page to load :exclaim: ). (still wondering why it's not working on WM5 while it did perfectly on 2003 :??: )

Guest garath

Hi all !

I've a problem when installing the .cab :

i download it in my pocket pc (on the storage card or in windows/startup) but when i launch the .cab, it's always the same message : KeylockFr.cab is not a valid installation file of windows CE.... i really don't understand why ...

could you help me ?

greetzzzz

Guest bogardan

Probably your phoneis application locked ?? Not so sure

I have a request of this great application, is it possible to have option of how the sceensaver view is ? e.g. top to bottom, bottom up, side left and right

When I charge my phone I have to sit it right beside my keyboard and I cann't see the clock upside down (no craddle what so ever) and when I charge in the car, I want to set it on the side view (again no craddle and even if i put it upside down, it will be hard to maintain its balance)

Thanks again for the great aps !!

Guest garath

my phone is not locked, it's a qtek s100 with Windows 2003 SE, i can install all the .cab i want without problems, but not KeylockFR.cab :o "not a Windows CE compatible application" :( (I try KeylockEN.cab too but no succes)

Probably your phoneis application locked ?? Not so sure

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest maniac103
my phone is not locked, it's a qtek s100 with Windows 2003 SE, i can install all the .cab i want without problems, but not KeylockFR.cab :o  "not a Windows CE compatible application" :( (I try KeylockEN.cab too but no succes)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is quite normal...this program is a program for smartphones with WM2003, not for Pocket PCs. Sorry!

Guest bogardan

Hmm, maybe this is another weird request, but is it possibble to change the screensaver background or text ? (Dark Red with white text, Dark Blue, or maybe White Background with Silver Text) I realized this might drain the battery, but then is just the cool factor :o ... or maybe to use other fonts ?

Maybe for next release input :( Thx !!

Guest Alidelvento

Hi, I have a problem with this program.

When I enable Automatic key lock the action button is always..disabled ;)

My phone is an i-Mate sp3

Can you help me, please?

tnx

Guest maniac103
Hi, I have a problem with this program.

When I enable Automatic key lock the action button is always..disabled ;)

My phone is an i-Mate sp3

Can you help me, please?

tnx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you use xBar 2.6, you have to update to the newest version or downgrade to xBar 2.5. Otherwise, I have no real idea...

Guest Alidelvento

The problem is xbar with Automatic key lock.. i think that the problem of balaan is the same that I have. I need xbar but also Automatic KL. Do you have you a solution? :cry:

Guest Alidelvento
If you use xBar 2.6, you have to update to the newest version or downgrade to xBar 2.5. Otherwise, I have no real idea...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have xBar 2.6 but also with 2.5 the problem is present ;)

Guest maniac103
I have xBar 2.6 but also with 2.5 the problem is present :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you uninstall 2.6 first? I have 2.5 running together with my keylocker here and everything is running fine...

Hi maniac, great tool. Any chance it becomes available for QVGA phones? I'd like to test it on a i-mate SP5m WM5 phone :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you try it? :D

At least it works with WM5 (as you can read earlier in this thread), and I have got information that it also works on a QVGA WM2003 device (SDA II)...so I guess it should work on the SP5m, too ;)

Guest roma0803
Did you try it? :D

At least it works with WM5 (as you can read earlier in this thread), and I have got information that it also works on a QVGA WM2003 device (SDA II)...so I guess it should work on the SP5m, too ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, just installed it and so far it all seems well. Gonna play with it a bit today and let you know the results. Thanks.

Guest roma0803

First update. It installs fine and also lookes very wel on my QVGA screen. I can't use it though...

"Error creating keyboard hook. Program is closed (5)"

My guess it has something to do with tighter security settings in WM5. My phone is application unlocked but this hook can not be created.

Guest balaaan
First update. It installs fine and also lookes very wel on my QVGA screen. I can't use it though...

"Error creating keyboard hook. Program is closed (5)"

My guess it has something to do with tighter security settings in WM5. My phone is application unlocked but this hook can not be created.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Read my post on Page 26.. I had the same issue.. You need to app unlock your phone for this app to work..

Guest roma0803
Read my post on Page 26.. I had the same issue.. You need to app unlock your phone for this app to work..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, you're right. Unlocked the phone and all seems to be working well now. Thanks.

Edit: First experiences, a few remarks:

When receiving a message, the screensaver updates. When the messages have been read, the screensaver still shows there are messages.

When a phonecall is missed, the screensaver doesn't update at all.

This might be because of the way Windows Mobile 5 handles calls and messages different.

I hope this isn't mentioned in this thread before, otherwise slap me.

Edited by roma0803

Guest balaaan
Yep, you're right. Unlocked the phone and all seems to be working well now. Thanks.

Edit: First experiences, a few remarks:

When receiving a message, the screensaver updates. When the messages have been read, the screensaver still shows there are messages.

When a phonecall is missed, the screensaver doesn't update at all.

This might be because of the way Windows Mobile 5 handles calls and messages different.

I hope this isn't mentioned in this thread before, otherwise slap me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No Problem..

I also have the same problems you reported with WM5. The messages don't bother me much, but the missed calls bother me a lot, as I have to check my phone every once in a while to make sure I didn't miss any call!!!

Guest roma0803

It seems the program is looking at my sent items folder instead of the inbox. Today I got a notification for 3 messages, the only map with 3 messages was my sent items folder.

Guest Alidelvento
It seems the program is looking at my sent items folder instead of the inbox. Today I got a notification for 3 messages, the only map with 3 messages was my sent items folder.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have an i-Mate sp3 with with win mobile 2003 (upgrade to last version rom 2.4.33.11) and the problem is now present ;) before upgrade the program work fine

Guest bobby_uk

Hi Maniac,

Great piece of software but i cant get that software in that website as it in german.. could you please upload any where else in the web..

thx in advance

Bob

The download link on the first page of this thread takes you to maniac's homepage. There are 2 links to click on - 'Deutsch' and 'English' (Although it's spelt 'Englisch'). Click on the english one!

Guest maniac103
No Problem..

I also have the same problems you reported with WM5. The messages don't bother me much, but the missed calls bother me a lot, as I have to check my phone every once in a while to make sure I didn't miss any call!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will certainly add WM5 support to the screen saver. The display of unread messages and missed calls will be much better than as the OS provides this data. But at the moment I do not have Visual Studio 2005 yet so I need a bit of time to add WM5 support.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The program looks in every folder for new messages...so this behaviour is quite normal. This will be better when I have WM5 support ready (see above) ;)