Automatic Keylock for WM2003 devices

Guest maniac103

Guest maniac103
Hi Maniac

Looks like a great app, more featured than the autokeylock I was using before.

When trying to dl the version for WM2k3, I get a corrupted file. Winzip says the CAB file is corrupt or incomplete. When the download is finished, the filesize is 785 bytes.

Is this right? Is there a problem with the version on your web page?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There must be a problem with your network connection. I tried it and it downloaded with the correct size of 30,175 bytes.

Maybe you can try emptying your browser cache?

hmmm... no I have a proxy that sits between me and the outside world, and that's throwing the same error.

I'll try from a different place. It's interesting that the Cell switcher dowsn't give the same problem (that works just fine!)

EDIT: works fine through a different connection.

Good stuff!

Edited by ocker

Guest UniqueTouch

Hi maniac,

Another great utility! Many thanks ;)

I notice there is an issue with the app not being to able to "Device Lock" my sp5. Key Lock works fine though.

I can see it attempting to device lock, the quick list comes up and then disappears.

Is it becuase the Quick List has changed?

Guest maniac103
Hi maniac,

Another great utility! Many thanks ;)

I notice there is an issue with the app not being to able to "Device Lock" my sp5. Key Lock works fine though.

I can see it attempting to device lock, the quick list comes up and then disappears.

Is it becuase the Quick List has changed?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, it is :|

I will include an option for this into the program. Perhaps - to simplify things - I will replace the list box to enter the position by a check box 'Device is WiFi enabled' or so...

Guest UniqueTouch

Thanks Maniac...I'm surprised no other sp5/sp5m users mentioned this about both your apps!

I really appreciated your responses and the frequent updates fixing the bugs we find.

Keep up the good work.

;)

Edited by UniqueTouch

Guest maniac103
You should put a paypal donation link on your site as I would be happy to contribute to your efforts ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Was this ironic? :D

I already have a Paypal donation link on my page...

Guest UniqueTouch

No sorry I wasn't being Ironic. I had bookmarked the page with the products and the paypal is only on your main page which I didnt notice until after.

Will donate some money via paypal ;)

keep up the good work.

Guest DomConway
That seems to be a CPS problem then.

Does CellProfileSwitcher.exe show up in SP TaskManager?

I guess we better discuss this via PM as this seems not to be related with Automatic Keylock.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually it was me being stupid, I do apologise. Movement protocol wasn't enabled in CPS :oops:

Guest maniac103
Yes, it is  :|

I will include an option for this into the program. Perhaps - to simplify things - I will replace the list box to enter the position by a check box 'Device is WiFi enabled' or so...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have uploaded V3.01 which includes this option and so should fix your problems. I also have updated CPS to 1.73 which now has the same option (instead of "QuickList: 'Normal' at..." which I guess is harder to understand).

Actually it was me being stupid, I do apologise.  Movement protocol wasn't enabled in CPS  :oops:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You should not need "Movement protocol" for CPS to work. Actually, I do not have enabled it either. What you need is the following:

- "Enabled" checked

- at least one group defined

Guest gthreepwood

I can't get it on my new SP5, I've "registry unlocked" my phone, but can't install the CAB (no permissions). Anything I'm missing?

--

Nevermind, working like a charm ;)

Edited by gthreepwood

hi

when im try'en to install the the program there is a massage says

installation was unssuccessful.the program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient system permissions.

pls help i liked this progrem.

Guest maniac103
hi

when im try'en to install the the program there is a massage says

installation was unssuccessful.the program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient system permissions.

pls help i liked this progrem.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please see this post:

Posting

Guest Test007

Hi Maniac.

If option Keylock and Home screen only is checked, new version 3.x AK checks if it is possible to block keypad and in this time TCPMP Player on my E200 stop playing music - it is blocked completely for short time... Version 2.x did not block anything.

Sorry for my english, but please check this bug.

Guest maniac103
Hi Maniac.

If option Keylock and Home screen only is checked, new version 3.x AK checks if it is possible to block keypad and in this time TCPMP Player on my E200 stop playing music - it is blocked completely for short time... Version 2.x did not block anything.

Sorry for my english, but please check this bug.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you elaborate a bit more on this one? I do not yet understand completely what you mean ;)

I did not change anything to the locking mechanism in 3.x (I only changed the screen saver and the localization) so I do not understand what should cause any differences here...

Guest UniqueTouch
hi

u know it is not installed and my phone is not locked...????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You need to run:

SDA-ApplicationUnlocker

There are plenty of thread on here with links and instructions.

Guest maniac103
You need to run:

SDA-ApplicationUnlocker

There are plenty of thread on here with links and instructions.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

With 3.0 onwards, the security unlocker should not be needed any longer ;)

hi

u know it is not installed and my phone is not locked...????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you change those registry entries like described in the posting I mentioned? If yes, the program should be installable - at least I can then install it onto the WM5 emulator, and also you are not the first one trying to install it onto a 8310 :D

@maniac103

Although the keylock function works fine on my Orange C500, I can't get the device lock function to work. I use iMenu and have that selected in your app. When the app goes to lock the phone, I see iMenu come up, followed by Quick List, but then it just stops there; Device lock doesn't get selected.

Any ideas?

Guest maniac103
@maniac103

Although the keylock function works fine on my Orange C500, I can't get the device lock function to work.  I use iMenu and have that selected in your app.  When the app goes to lock the phone, I see iMenu come up, followed by Quick List, but then it just stops there; Device lock doesn't get selected.

Any ideas?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is the window title of the Quick List window "Quick List"? If no, that's the problem. If yes - can you please try it without iMenu so we can see if the problem is in the iMenu support?

Is the window title of the Quick List window "Quick List"? If no, that's the problem. If yes - can you please try it without iMenu so we can see if the problem is in the iMenu support?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It works fine without iMenu installed. My guess is that there needs to be a bit of a longer pause in between selecting the Quick List option in iMenu and issuing the command to Lock Device in the Quick List?

Guest Test007
Can you elaborate a bit more on this one? I do not yet understand completely what you mean ;)

I did not change anything to the locking mechanism in 3.x (I only changed the screen saver and the localization) so I do not understand what should cause any differences here...

I don't know, that has been changed, but if I check this options and if timeout in home screen is set to 20 seconds, then Player stop playing for very short time too 20 sec. Otherwise, I don't know to explain it.

Other problem - If checked option "Show CPS info", then screen saver shows under time and date only unread SMS. Not shows missed calls. Why ?

Guest maniac103
It works fine without iMenu installed.  My guess is that there needs to be a bit of a longer pause in between selecting the Quick List option in iMenu and issuing the command to Lock Device in the Quick List?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are right, though I do not understand this yet. I will have a look into this.

EDIT: I just played around with this a bit. Can you please try the attached exe file (it's the WM2K3 one) and see if this works better?

I don't know, that has been changed, but if I check this options and if timeout in home screen is set to 20 seconds, then Player stop playing for very short time too 20 sec. Otherwise, I don't know to explain it.

Other problem - If checked option "Show CPS info", then screen saver shows under time and date only unread SMS. Not shows missed calls. Why ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, but I can not reproduce both of your problems. Neither does TCPMP stop playing on my phone, nor do missed calls not show up. Please find attached a screen shot of my screen saver. Perhaps your font is too large?

post-117679-1132038029_thumb.jpg

Edited by maniac103

Guest roma0803

Hi maniac103. I'd like to throw in a small request: The possibility to disable the Display Time Out in certain profiles like handsfree or carprofile. I can disable the screensaver but generaly I don't want to disable the Display Time Out for battery saving reasons. In my car, when in handsfree profile, I don't want it to jump in. Right now the max. time can be set at 1 hour. Too long for general use, too short for use in car.

Thanks in advance.

roma