Automatic Keylock for WM2003 devices

Guest maniac103

Guest ayanGR

The keyboard hook problem only occurs with 1.52. Previous versions work if you reboot after installation.

Here's a list of processes running on my smartphone (Qtek 8010):

\Windows\nk.exe

\Windows\filesys.exe

\Windows\device.exe

\Windows\connmgr.exe

\Windows\gwes.exe

\Windows\telshell.exe

\Windows\SmsClassZero.exe

\Windows\srvtrust.exe

\Windows\services.exe

\Windows\home.exe

\Windows\STK.exe

\Windows\cdial.exe

\Storage\Program Files\Autokeylock\Keylock.exe

\Windows\cprog.exe

\Windows\IA_Caller_ID.exe

\Windows\BTHIcon.exe

\Storage\Windows\Startup\CommLoader.exe

\Windows\KeySMS.exe

\Storage\Program Files\SPGTC\spgm.exe

\Windows\rapisrv.exe

\Windows\repllog.exe

\Windows\rnaapp.exe

\Windows\udp2tcp.exe

\Windows\CommMan.exe

There's an app running that converts unicode characters to capital, when you type in a SMS message. This is done so that you avoid the SMS being split in two messages when you use over 80 unicode characters. I think it is \Windows\KeySMS.exe . My guess is that it also hooks to the keyboard.

Guest fozzie

Nice app ;)

One 'little' request:

Any chance of having a custom list of applications to exclude?

Thanks.

Edited by fozzie

Guest maniac103
The keyboard hook problem only occurs with 1.52. Previous versions work if you reboot after installation.

Hmmm, thats very strange. I didn't change anything to the keyboard hook initialization :shock:

There's an app running that converts unicode characters to capital, when you type in a SMS message. This is done so that you avoid the SMS being split in two messages when you use over 80 unicode characters. I think it is \Windows\KeySMS.exe . My guess is that it also hooks to the keyboard.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think so, too. Can you try to shut down the application and run my program and see if it works? It really seems that there can only be one keyboard hook at one time - but I need one ;)

Guest maniac103
Nice app ;)

One 'little' request:

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The problem is that my exclude list relys on window class names. But hardly any end user will have the window class of the app he wants to exclude. And if I wanted to base the exclude list on process names, I had a lot of overhead, because there is no easy way in Windows CE to get the process name of the app which is currently in foreground :D

Guest ayanGR
I think so, too. Can you try to shut down the application and run my program and see if it works? It really seems that there can only be one keyboard hook at one time - but I need one ;)

Yep it's the KeySMS utility alright. If i terminate it, your program works great. If i run KeySMS after your program, it seems to be running and i get no error, but it does not function as expected :D. If i terminate your program, KeySMS starts functioning. Then i run your program again, and i get the keyboard hook error. So much for that.

Hmmm, thats very strange. I didn't change anything to the keyboard hook initialization  :shock:

My mistake, seems i did't test as much as i should. For some reason the 1.51 started before KeySMS, so it didn't throw up the error, but KeySMS would not function. I've replicated this down to 1.4, Automatic Keylock & KeySMS hate each other's guts. It's either one or the other. I think i'll keep the Keylock though because i keep accidentally calling my pals. :D

Oh, by the way! I noticed that when the smartphone is charging, there's no automatic keylock. Shouldn't this be an option? I'd probably want my smartphone to lock in any case. Also, while we're at it, one other thing i miss is the ability to keep my backlight on when the smartphone is on external power. Since you already read this state, you could extend Automatic Keylock to offer this functionality. Hope i'm not asking too much [-X

Edited by ayanGR

Guest cuk0724

What can I say, but thanks.

I have had my C500 for a week now which I use in a car kit most of the time. The only bad point that I have found about the phone was the lack of an auto lock. Problem now solved!!!!

Once again thanks.

Guest fozzie

But there is an auto-lock; settings, security, Enable Phone Lock. Set it to a single digit code and so only 2 key presses required to unlock the phone; your code digit plus unlock ;)

Guest cuk0724

I know I had foud that fozzie, but what this app give me is the ability to take the phone out of the car kit when in the Home Screen and it will auto lock just the key pad.

I had a Nokia phone and car kit before and this used to happen automaticaly. It's what I got used to.

Guest cuk0724

After haveing used your great app, I have a couple of sugestions. I have no idea if they can be done, or if you would want do them, as the last thing I programmed was a Sinclair ZX81!!!!

Would it be possible to have the keylock automatically come off just for the Car profile? Also would it be possible to make the display stay on while in Car profile?

I have changed the setting in the reg so that the dislpay time out is longer that the options you are given, and have tried the changes to the Car profile xml that midnight has sugested in another post, but with no sucess.

Guest maniac103
Nice app ;)

One 'little' request:

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Regardless of what I said before, I've included this in V 1.6 :D

To use this feature, you have to select "advanced mode" under "excludes" in the config app and have to insert the exe file names you want to exclude - seperated by any character - into the edit box that appears.

Oh, by the way! I noticed that when the smartphone is charging, there's no automatic keylock. Shouldn't this be an option? I'd probably want my smartphone to lock in any case. Also, while we're at it, one other thing i miss is the ability to keep my backlight on when the smartphone is on external power. Since you already read this state, you could extend Automatic Keylock to offer this functionality. Hope i'm not asking too much  [-X

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll have to look into this, but I don't promise nothing :D

Would it be possible to have the keylock automatically come off just for the Car profile? Also would it be possible to make the display stay on while in Car profile?

You mean seperate options for car and headset profile? Yes, that would be possible.

I have changed the setting in the reg so that the dislpay time out is longer that the options you are given, and have tried the changes to the Car profile xml that midnight has sugested in another post, but with no sucess.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

See my above answer to ayanGR :D

EDIT: Please see the top of the thread for the latest one :D

Edited by maniac103

Guest fozzie

Thanks very much ;)

I know that you've got the option for the headset profile to overide the keylock, but would it be possible for the handsfree profile to also overide it. When I use my BT Jabra 250, the phone doesn't go in to the headset profile; it stays in the current profile but the handsfree icon comes up.

Thanks.

Guest maniac103
Thanks very much ;)

I know that you've got the option for the headset profile to overide the keylock, but would it be possible for the handsfree profile to also overide it.  When I use my BT Jabra 250, the phone doesn't go in to the headset profile; it stays in the current profile but the handsfree icon comes up.

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But the problem is that there is no handsfree profile :D

If you look at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Profiles in the registry, you see the options that do exist. I have not yet found an option to detect if there is a BT headset connected - and I don't even have one to test it...

Guest mr.maestro

Okay, total newbie here in smartphone land. How and where do I install this cabfile on my smartphone. Does it start automatically?

Thanks!

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Hi. Welcome to MoDaCo.

1. Download file (Keylock_1.6__EN_.cab) to your PC.

2. Sync phone to PC

3. Navigate to \Storage\windows\Start Menu\Accessories

4. Transfer / dump the CAB file inside Accessories folder

5. Hold phone, hit Start then open Accessories folder

6. You should see something like:

snap1222ir.jpg

7. Click on the file to begin installation process. Follow instructions on your screen until app is installed.

I chose \Storage as target folder. ;)

Guest cuk0724
(cuk0724 @ Apr 23 2005, 20:18)

You mean seperate options for car and headset profile? Yes, that would be possible.

Yes that was what I ment. That way the phone will stay locked while in your pocket on the Headset profile, but could unlock for the car one.

Guest maniac103
Yes that was what I ment. That way the phone will stay locked while in your pocket on the Headset profile, but could unlock for the car one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Done in V1.61 ;)

Also done is the option for disabling automatic keylock when charging.

Edited by maniac103

Guest mr.maestro

Thanks for the detailed instructions. And this program works also great!

Hi. Welcome to MoDaCo.

1. Download file (Keylock_1.6__EN_.cab) to your PC.

2. Sync phone to PC

3. Navigate to \Storage\windows\Start Menu\Accessories

4. Transfer / dump the CAB file inside Accessories folder

5. Hold phone, hit Start then open Accessories folder

6. You should see something like:

7. Click on the file to begin installation process. Follow instructions on your screen until app is installed.

I chose \Storage as target folder. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest maniac103

I have a new version. New is that you can select between automatic keylock and automatic device lock. You have to enable the automatic device lock in Windows for the device lock to work - the best choice is to set a large timeout there.

I know there will be questions like "Isn't automatic device lock already there?"...But let me answer this question with "Does the Windows automatic device lock let you set apps that are excluded from the device lock?" ;)

Edited by maniac103

Guest cuk0724

Works fine. It's much better now with the two different options for car and headset.

Is there any chance that it can be made to automatically unlock when it detects the car profile? and possible make the display backlight stay on while in the car profile?

Guest maniac103
Works fine. It's much better now with the two different options for car and headset.

Is there any chance that it can be made to automatically unlock when it detects the car profile? and possible make the display backlight stay on while in the car profile?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The first one is impossible, becaause there is no way to detect if the keylock is enabled; and when I try to disable it and it was disabled before, I get a left softkey press ;)

About the backlight thing: Is it ok if the backlight has a delay which is between 0 seconds and the timeout you have set? If yes - this is possible; if no - no, it's not possible ;)

Guest cuk0724
The first one is impossible, becaause there is no way to detect if the keylock is enabled; and when I try to disable it and it was disabled before, I get a left softkey press
Thats OK, it don't take much to press a button to unlock!!!

About the backlight thing: Is it ok if the backlight has a delay which is between 0 seconds and the timeout you have set? If yes - this is possible; if no - no, it's not possible

A back light delay would be OK. At the moment I have changed the reg to give me 10 mins before the light goes off in all profiles. Are you saying that you could increase this time out when in the car profile, or am I thick!!!

Guest maniac103
A back light delay would be OK. At the moment I have changed the reg to give me 10 mins before the light goes off in all profiles. Are you saying that you could increase this time out when in the car profile, or am I thick!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please try the attached one ;)

As I have no handsfree set in my car, I couldn't test it myself. Please give me a bit of feedback if this one works for you.

EDIT: Please see the top of the thread for the latest one ;)

Edited by maniac103

Guest cuk0724

Just dowmloaded it. I will give it a try later, as my wife has gone out in the car!!

I will let you know what I find.