Automatic Keylock for WM2003 devices

Guest maniac103

I can disable the screensaver but generaly I don't want to disable the Display Time Out for battery saving reasons. In my car, when in handsfree profile, I don't want it to jump in. Right now the max. time can be set at 1 hour.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But that's consistent with the maximum time that can be set for the Display Timeout - 1 hour. What would be the point in being able to set the Screensaver Timeout to longer than the Display Timeout?

EDIT: I just played around with this a bit. Can you please try the attached exe file (it's the WM2K3 one) and see if this works better?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, that's working fine now :)

Guest maniac103
Hi maniac103. I'd like to throw in a small request: The possibility to disable the Display Time Out in certain profiles like handsfree or carprofile. I can disable the screensaver but generaly I don't want to disable the Display Time Out for battery saving reasons. In my car, when in handsfree profile, I don't want it to jump in. Right now the max. time can be set at 1 hour. Too long for general use, too short for use in car.

Thanks in advance.

roma

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice idea...I will have a look if there is a registry value for that.

Yep, that's working fine now :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's fine. Today I had an even better idea so that iMenu does not have to be launched. Stay tuned :D

Guest roma0803
Nice idea...I will have a look if there is a registry value for that.

Great, there is I believe, TomTom is probably using that same value.

Edited by roma0803

Guest Cybertronic

For the WM5 version of Automatic Keylock I have a bug which is that when the phone starts it doesn't lock in the homescreen when I tell it to. To fix this I would have to open the program and close it.

However turning on the screensaver fixes this problem, is it not possible to lock it without using the screensaver just for the homescreen timeout? :)

Guest maniac103
For the WM5 version of Automatic Keylock I have a bug which is that when the phone starts it doesn't lock in the homescreen when I tell it to. To fix this I would have to open the program and close it.

Can you check (with SP TaskManager) if Keylock.exe is running in this case?

However turning on the screensaver fixes this problem, is it not possible to lock it without using the screensaver just for the homescreen timeout? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This surely isn't on purpose :D

Can you give me your registry settings (contents of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AutoKeylock)?

Guest Cybertronic

Hi maniac103,

The application does run in the background as it's in the startup folder too :)

For the settings without the screensaver I've ticked the following:

Keylock and home screen only, and in the options:

In headset profile:

disable keylock

When charging:

disable keylock

However I'm liking the screensaver though :oops:

Thanks for the application too :D

Guest maniac103
Hi maniac103,

The application does run in the background as it's in the startup folder too :)

For the settings without the screensaver I've ticked the following:

Keylock and home screen only, and in the options:

In headset profile:

disable keylock

When charging:

disable keylock

However I'm liking the screensaver though :oops:

Thanks for the application too :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, but I can't reproduce this at all on the WM5 emulator. Can anyboda with a real WM5 device please test these settings?

Guest roma0803
Sorry, but I can't reproduce this at all on the WM5 emulator. Can anyboda with a real WM5 device please test these settings?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can do that, but I do not understand the problem completely....

Edit:

My screenlock activates with AND without screensaver activated (is that it?)

Edited by roma0803

Guest maniac103
It works fine without iMenu installed.  My guess is that there needs to be a bit of a longer pause in between selecting the Quick List option in iMenu and issuing the command to Lock Device in the Quick List?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've improved the Quick List operation in 3.03: The iMenu option is now obsolete :)

I now start quickapp.exe directly rather than pressing on the power button.

Hi maniac103. I'd like to throw in a small request: The possibility to disable the Display Time Out in certain profiles like handsfree or carprofile. I can disable the screensaver but generaly I don't want to disable the Display Time Out for battery saving reasons. In my car, when in handsfree profile, I don't want it to jump in. Right now the max. time can be set at 1 hour. Too long for general use, too short for use in car.

Thanks in advance.

roma

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Added in 3.03 :D

Guest Cybertronic
I can do that, but I do not understand the problem completely....

Edit:

My screenlock activates with AND without screensaver activated (is that it?)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what I was after, have you tried doing that when switching the phone on?

It doesn't key lock for me when I switch it on with the screensaver disabled :?:

Guest roma0803
That's what I was after, have you tried doing that when switching the phone on?

It doesn't key lock for me when I switch it on with the screensaver disabled :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I disabled the screensaver, shut the phone down and restarted. Keylock jumps in after the amount of minutes set, no screensaver. So it seems at my end it works as it is designed to.

This is the scenario you mean?

Guest cuk0724

Hi Maniac103

Thanks again for the best app I have on my phone :)

Just one request, is there any way you can find to keep the keypad lights on while the phone is in the car profile? At the moment after a key is pressed the keypad light will stay on for 5 seconds, then go off. I know the display will stay on OK, but it is a pain when the keypad goes off.

Guest cuk0724

Just tried Ver 3.05 for WM2003 (I had been using Ver 2.71) and I have found that the Screen Back Light does not stay on while in the car profile.

The old ver version used to change the value in Reg CU/ControlPanel/Backlight/BatteryTimeout and then restore it afterwards. This version does not change that setting.

Guest maniac103
Just tried Ver 3.05 for WM2003 (I had been using Ver 2.71) and I have found that the Screen Back Light does not stay on while in the car profile.

The old ver version used to change the value in Reg CU/ControlPanel/Backlight/BatteryTimeout and then restore it afterwards. This version does not change that setting.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, you are right. I have fixed this in 3.06. I also have added a simplified Chinese translation :)

Guest cuk0724
Yes, you are right. I have fixed this in 3.06. I also have added a simplified Chinese translation :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just installed it and it works fine, thanks :D

Hi Maniac103

Just one request, is there any way you can find to keep the keypad lights on while the phone is in the car profile? At the moment after a key is pressed the keypad light will stay on for 5 seconds, then go off. I know the display will stay on OK, but it is a pain when the keypad goes off.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you had a chance to look at this? I have looked in the registry, but can't find any setting that I can change ;)

Edited by cuk0724

Manic,

Just loved this app on my Qtek 8010, but now that I have upgraded to 8310 (WM5) i'm gettting installation problems.

It's the same message as posted eariler "installation was unssuccessful.the program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient system permissions".

You then pointed to some registery tweeks. ( I tried those, but where not allowed to change the numbers). And later after that you have said that the Aplication unlock was not needed anymore from 3.x.

I tried to install 3.06, but still getting the same message. Do you have any more news on this?

Edit:

I have now also tried to tun the SDA_ApplicationUnlock progrmam, but I'm still getting the same error when trying to install your app.

Edited by finnis

Guest andrewr_scl

I have just updated my ROM to 4.2.1.4 and tried to install version 3.06 and received the following message:

"Installation failed. The program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have adequate system permissions."

I tried to run SDA_ApplicationUnlock but it returned "Phone is not unlockable"

I have reverted to version 2.71 which installed without error.

Guest maniac103
Just installed it and it works fine, thanks :)

Have you had a chance to look at this? I have looked in the registry, but can't find any setting that I can change :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I had a look at this, but no, I have not found a way to change the keypad light timeout ;)

Manic,

Just loved this app on my Qtek 8010, but now that I have upgraded to 8310 (WM5) i'm gettting installation problems.

It's the same message as posted eariler "installation was unssuccessful.the program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient system permissions".

You then pointed to some registery tweeks. ( I tried those, but where not allowed to change the numbers). And later after that you have said that the Aplication unlock was not needed anymore from 3.x.

I tried to install 3.06, but still getting the same message. Do you have any more news on this?

Edit:

I have now also tried to tun the SDA_ApplicationUnlock progrmam, but I'm still getting the same error when trying to install your app.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have just updated my ROM to 4.2.1.4 and tried to install version 3.06 and received the following message:

"Installation failed. The program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have adequate system permissions."

I tried to run SDA_ApplicationUnlock but it returned "Phone is not unlockable"

I have reverted to version 2.71 which installed without error.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You both have the same problem: You have to change those registry keys I mentioned before with a signed registry editor. You can get a signed registry editor here.

Besides that, SDA_ApplicationUnlock.exe does remove the security lock. When running this, every process is allowed to run both non-priviledged and priviledged code. The removal of this security lock is no longer needed since 3.0.

To achieve this, I install my own priviledged certificate along with the CAB. To allow this, you need to change the registry keys mentioned above to remove the application lock - which is not the same as the security lock. The application lock prevents you from installing uncertified software.

You both have the same problem: You have to change those registry keys I mentioned before with a signed registry editor. You can get a signed registry editor here.

Thanks Maniac,

I used the regeidtor you linked and changed the settings. It's now installed and running fine.

Thanks for delivering such a great application and good support :)

NOTE: I used another version of the same editor, for my first try.

Guest webpain

Hi everyone! I have been using automatic keylock on my C500 for some months now. I just updated to the newest version (3.0.6) and I have the following problem:

text messages (notification) do not clear after I have viewed them. when the screen saver comes up again it keeps displaying "x" messages. any solution? is this bug known? if yes, can somebody give me a link to a previous version that does not have the problem?

Thanks alot!

Guest maniac103
Hi everyone! I have been using automatic keylock on my C500 for some months now. I just updated to the newest version (3.0.6) and I have the following problem:

text messages (notification) do not clear after I have viewed them. when the screen saver comes up again it keeps displaying "x" messages. any solution? is this bug known? if yes, can somebody give me a link to a previous version that does not have the problem?

Thanks alot!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The unread messages and calls are cleared when you do a keypad unlock (left soft key and #) - the previous version cleared it at every keypress.

Does anybody have a suggestion for a keystroke combination which makes more sense?

Thanks Maniac for your effort. But could you help me with this silly Problem? When I load your CAB file in my PDA (i-mate JAM) I double tap and I get a message error: This file Keylock_WM2K3 is not a valid Windows CE setup file. Why CE? Any help?