Automatic Keylock for WM2003 devices

Guest maniac103

Guest maniac103
I found a problem.

On my screensaver it always displays the number of unread messages. Even after I've read them all. :?:

The only solution is to disable the the Automatic Keylock, click on OK and then enable the Automatic Keylock again.  :??:

EDIT:

After the next message the problem is back again. :cry:

EDIT:

I've installed the software again and reset the registry, but it makes no difference the problem is back again. :evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This "problem" is covered in my FAQs. Short: It's no bug, and you have to double press the "Hangup" button to reset the counter.

This "problem" is covered in my FAQs. Short: It's no bug, and you have to double press the "Hangup" button to reset the counter.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks!! But I can't remember that the previous version had this problem.

I'm glad it is no problem and now I know what to do.

Guest maniac103
Thanks!! But I can't remember that the previous version had this problem.

I'm glad it is no problem and now I know what to do.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This problem was always there ;)

The only thing I have changed is the keystroke combination used for resetting the counter: In 2.x, this was left softkey and # (keypad unlock), now it is double-"Hangup". I changed this because not all people use the keypad lock :D

Now I get it. ;)

The only thing I have changed is the keystroke combination used for resetting the counter: In 2.x, this was left softkey and # (keypad unlock), now it is double-"Hangup".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was always the way for me to unlock, so that's why I thought it wasn't working oké :oops:

Now I've to learn to use double-"Hangup" after I've unlocked my phone with left softkey and # (keypad unlock) :roll:

Guest maniac103
Now I get it.  ;)

That was always the way for me to unlock, so that's why I thought it wasn't working oké  :oops:

Now I've to learn to use double-"Hangup" after I've unlocked my phone with left softkey and # (keypad unlock)  :roll:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can also double press "Hangup" with locked kayboard. The screen saver will go away, and when it reappears, the counter will be 0. :D

You can also double press "Hangup" with locked kayboard. The screen saver will go away, and when it reappears, the counter will be 0. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When i see that i have an unread message or a missed call, then i want to know who has sent me a message or called me. So I have to unlock it to see this.

But I'll get used to it ;)

Guest maniac103

I have uploaded v3.4 to my site a few minutes ago. The change list is rather long this time, so please read the history on my page :)

Highlights:

- Screen saver layout is now completely configurable.

- There now is an icon line which status icons (explained in detail in the manual).

- The profile settings polling is now separate from the keypad lock timer.

Please note that you need CPS 1.9 for correct interaction with that.

I have uploaded v3.4 to my site a few minutes ago. The change list is rather long this time, so please read the history on my page :)

Highlights:

- Screen saver layout is now completely configurable.

- There now is an icon line which status icons (explained in detail in the manual).

- The profile settings polling is now separate from the keypad lock timer.

Please note that you need CPS 1.9 for correct interaction with that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm getting a weird error which I think was in a previous release. If I get a call through, I have to click the button twice to answer. Similarly, to unlock, I have to press the left softkey twice before hitting #. Do you think it would be possible to fix this?

Hi Manic

I have installed the latest keylock and CPS onto my C600.

CPS Is working fine but the keylock screen saver is flicking back to the homescreen every 30 seconds but then going straight back into the screensaver. Not sure what version i used before but it didn't have this behaviour.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Guest maniac103
Hi Manic

I have installed the latest keylock and CPS onto my C600.

CPS Is working fine but the keylock screen saver is flicking back to the homescreen every 30 seconds but then going straight back into the screensaver. Not sure what version i used before but it didn't have this behaviour.

Is this happening to anyone else?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you give me your settings (registry dump of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\maniac\AutoKeylock)?

Guest maniac103
I have taken a video of it aswell if you want to see it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why not :)

I can imagine how it looks like, but at the moment I can't reproduce it so there must be something different on your phone. Do you have interaction with Automatic Keylock turned on in CPS for your current cell?

Why not :)

I can imagine how it looks like, but at the moment I can't reproduce it so there must be something different on your phone. Do you have interaction with Automatic Keylock turned on in CPS for your current cell?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes i do have the interaction turn on.

Rename the file from txt to mp4

VIDEO_008.txt

Guest maniac103
Yes i do have the interaction turn on.

Rename the file from txt to mp4

VIDEO_008.txt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah, that's why I can't reproduce it :)

Which check boxes do you have checked in CPS under "Notify Automatic Keylock"?

Ah, that's why I can't reproduce it :)

Which check boxes do you have checked in CPS under "Notify Automatic Keylock"?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think i am being thick here but i can't find that.

The only options i have are

Enabled - Checked

Movement Protocol - Not Checked

Interval -30 secs

Standard Profile - Normal

Phone Type - C600/SP5

In KeyLock/CPS Info i have checked Show Group

Guest maniac103
I think i am being thick here but i can't find that.

The only options i have are

Enabled  - Checked

Movement Protocol - Not Checked

Interval -30 secs

Standard Profile - Normal

Phone Type - C600/SP5

In KeyLock/CPS Info i have checked Show Group

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You mean you have not used the new Keylock steering from CPS (Edit group->Notify Automatic Keylock)?

You mean you have not used the new Keylock steering from CPS (Edit group->Notify Automatic Keylock)?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:oops: :oops: Didn't see that. I backup the settings from the older version and then placed them back into the directory before i ran the CPS. I have a lot of groups/cells set up. Do I need to do them all again?

But looking at that option i wouldn't want it to do any of the actions, so would i just enable Notify Auto Keylock and leave it at that.

Edit, Just tried it and you can't, it selects disable key lock

Edited by PeteT

Guest maniac103
:oops:  :oops:  Didn't see that. I backup the settings from the older version and then placed them back into the directory before i ran the CPS. I have a lot of groups/cells set up. Do I need to do them all again?

But looking at that option i wouldn't want it to do any of the actions, so would i just enable Notify Auto Keylock and leave it at that.

Edit, Just tried it and you can't, it selects disable key lock

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you do not want it do to anything, don't select "Notify Automatic Keylock".

Did you select anything there?

EDIT: It's a bug that "Disable keylock" can't be deselected. I'll have to fix that. Until that, do not select "Notify Automatic Keylock" and see if this fixes your problem.

Edited by maniac103

If you do not want it do to anything, don't select "Notify Automatic Keylock".

Did you select anything there?

EDIT: It's a bug that "Disable keylock" can't be deselected. I'll have to fix that. Until that, do not select "Notify Automatic Keylock" and see if this fixes your problem.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nothing is selected in there. But it is now working fine. Not sure wether going into that menu option, setting the Notify auto keylock and then disabling it has sorted it. Or wether restarting the phone sorted it. i can't remeber wether i retsrated it after i installed your SW. But it is working fine now :??:

Thank you for looking into it yesterday.

Pete

maniac103, have you concidered add an option that would make the screensaver play asound file, for example every 2 minutes, if there are unread messages, missed calls or reminders?

People are asking about this everywere and this feature is really needded.

If you for example go to the bathroom while a reminder goes of, you are pretty much screwd. We can't be expected to pick up the phone all the time, just to see if an event has been missed.

Same with messages. If you don't hear the initial alert, you wont know about it untill you pick the phone up.

If you could include this function in your already must-have program, it would be... ehm, even more must-have. :)

Seriously, this is one of the most missed functions in WM, and I am sure all users would just love this.