Automatic Keylock for WM2003 devices

Guest maniac103

I'm nut sure how SMSnotify works, since my main concerns are missed calls and reminders.

Automatic Keylock already gathers info about this, and believe it would be fairly easy maniac103 to just play a file every x minutes if there are missed events.

Guest maniac103
I'm nut sure how SMSnotify works, since my main concerns are missed calls and reminders.

Automatic Keylock already gathers info about this, and believe it would be fairly easy maniac103 to just play a file every x minutes if there are missed events.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Playing a wave file would need a significant infrastructure (select a file, use a timer to repeat playing, ...).

I'm thinking of enabling the backlight until a key has been pressed, if there is a missed item. What do you think of that?

EDIT: To recognize missed reminders is somewhere between VERY hard and impossible :)

Edited by maniac103

Playing a wave file would need a significant infrastructure (select a file, use a timer to repeat playing, ...).

I'm thinking of enabling the backlight until a key has been pressed, if there is a missed item. What do you think of that?

EDIT: To recognize missed reminders is somewhere between VERY hard and impossible :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Enabling the backlight wouldn't be as great as playing a sound, but it would most definately be better that what we have now. I am hoping that when you see how much the backlight function will be appriciated, that you will come around about the sound part. (You could skip the "select file" part, for example, but play a sound file with a certain name in a certain place. I timer that every x minutes cecks if there are missed items can't be that hard to implement. :D)

But enabling backligt when there are missed calls would be great aswell. It would perhaps drain the battery fast if you forget the phone at home for a few hours. What about making it flash? On for one second, off for one second?

But that would require a timer too... :)

I will look into detecting missed reminders.

Enabling the backlight wouldn't be as great as playing a sound, but it would most definately be better that what we have now. I am hoping that when you see how much the backlight function will be appriciated, that you will come around about the sound part. (You could skip the "select file" part, for example, but play a sound file with a certain name in a certain place. I timer that every x minutes cecks if there are missed items can't be that hard to implement. :))

But enabling backligt when there are missed calls would be great aswell. It would perhaps drain the battery fast if you forget the phone at home for a few hours. What about making it flash? On for one second, off for one second?

But that would require a timer too... :D

I will look into detecting missed reminders.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like this notify idea, Not sure about the backlight becuase of battery drain issue's. Would it be hard to flash the amber LED?

ps BTW Maniac everything is working fine and has been since my last post.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What about playing the same sound when you receive a call or message. This way you don't need an interface to select a sound file, you could take it from registry. The only thing that lasts is a timer.

@maniac

I am having a similar problem right now.

The screensaver sometimes behaves odd on my phone. It goes on (I have set to 10 secons, homescreen only) runs for about 15 secons, and closes. (I have set my screen to turn off completly after 30s, so for 15 s after the screensaver is gone, it just shows the homescreen) The softkeys then look like the phone is unlocket (they have their regular labels), although it is locked. And if you press any key, they will swich to the correct "locked mode", the left showing unlock and right empty.

When this starts happening, it will do so untill I restart the phone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The screensaver worked fine. I received an sms, after that I replied the sms. WM5 shows me a message that the sms is sent. After that I received an sms that my sms has been delivered.

Now, my homescreen stays in front and it seems not keylocked. When I press the volume buttons, backlight goes on, and still the homescreen displays and still seems unlocked. But when I press te left soft button (start), the unlock screen from WM5 shows up. When I don't unlock, it returns to the homescreen, but the screensaver never kicks in. When I do unlock, the homescreen seems unlocked and the same scenario continues.

I am using version 3.4 for WM5.

Guest deBruineBeren

I don't know if this is mentioned before, i'm not read all the 41 pages of this topic.

But when the keyboard is unlocked because i put in the car charger (charging only, no profile change to handsfree or carkit), the keyboard does not automatically lock any more ones i take the charger out.

I'm not running any programs just looking at the homescreen.

The timeout in home screen is set to 15 seconds

In the profile Charge i activate the first two option:

(don't know the official name, i use Dutch version)

Keyboardlock disabled and Automatic unlock.

Thanks in advance,

Alex.

PS i'm using a Qtek 8080 with imate ROM 1.11.15.32

Guest maniac103
@maniac

I am having a similar problem right now.

The screensaver worked fine. I received an sms, after that I replied the sms. WM5 shows me a message that the sms is sent. After that I received an sms that my sms has been delivered.

Now, my homescreen stays in front and it seems not keylocked. When I press the volume buttons, backlight goes on, and still the homescreen displays and still seems unlocked. But when I press te left soft button (start), the unlock screen from WM5 shows up. When I don't unlock, it returns to the homescreen, but the screensaver never kicks in. When I do unlock, the homescreen seems unlocked and the same scenario continues.

I am using version 3.4 for WM5.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First: It is quite normal that the home screen seems unlocked. I have to hide the "Unlock" menu bar to show the screen saver window full screen.

Is the behaviour you described reproducable? Unfortunately I can't reproduce it on my phone :)

And what do you mean by "the same scenario continues"?

The only explanation I have is that the program crashes somewhat. So I've attached a debug version which tracks all internal function calls. Please replace your Keylock.exe with that one (it is WM5 only) and let it run until you see this error. When you see the error, take the file \Temp\KeylockDebug.txt and send it to me or upload it here. I will then see what I can do.

I don't know if this is mentioned before, i'm not read all the 41 pages of this topic.

But when the keyboard is unlocked because i put in the car charger (charging only, no profile change to handsfree or carkit), the keyboard does not automatically lock any more ones i take the charger out.

I'm not running any programs just looking at the homescreen.

The timeout in home screen is set to 15 seconds

In the profile Charge i activate the first two option:

(don't know the official name, i use Dutch version)

Keyboardlock disabled and Automatic unlock.

Thanks in advance,

Alex.

PS i'm using a Qtek 8080 with imate ROM 1.11.15.32

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm, I can't reproduce this either :D

What do you have the refresh interval (page 2, 3rd item) set to?

Edited by maniac103

Guest deBruineBeren
Hmm, I can't reproduce this either :)

What do you have the refresh interval (page 2, 3rd item) set to?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The refresh interval is set to 30 seconds.

But nothing happens, not after 15 sec, 30 sec, or 45 sec.

Guest deBruineBeren

This is what a found.

When the last keylock was made by the software, the software is not able to make the keylock, after the software unlocked the keys because of the connection of the charger.

When the last keylock was made by the user, the software is able to make the keylock, after the software unlocked the keys because of the connection of the charger.

Guest maniac103
This is what a found.

When the last keylock was made by the software, the software is not able to make the keylock, after the software unlocked the keys because of the connection of the charger.

When the last keylock was made by the user, the software is able to make the keylock, after the software unlocked the keys because of the connection of the charger.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just to make sure if I reproduce everything correctly:

- Phone is unlocked, no screen saver is active

- Let the phone autolock, screen saver appears

- Plug in the charger

- A while later the screen saver disappears, the keypad is unlocked (does this work?) and the screen saver appears again

- After unplugging the charger the keypad should lock, but does not in your case.

If this is the case, I have no clue as everything works on my phone :)

Does the screen saver reappear in this case?

Guest deBruineBeren
Just to make sure if I reproduce everything correctly:

- Phone is unlocked, no screen saver is active

Phone is unlocked.

I do not use the screensaver.

- Let the phone autolock, screen saver appears

Phone will autolock

- Plug in the charger

Yes

- A while later the screen saver disappears, the keypad is unlocked (does this work?) and the screen saver appears again

the keypad is unlocked.

- After unplugging the charger the keypad should lock, but does not in your case.

No

If this is the case, I have no clue as everything works on my phone :)

Does the screen saver reappear in this case?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will try with screensaver.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cooleaf

I am having a problem with this software on my Dopod 568. The SMS indicator in screensaver seems not working very well. After I had read a new incoming SMS, the "New SMS" sign still appears even there is absolutely no unread SMS at all. Puzzled....

Guest maniac103
I am having a problem with this software on my Dopod 568. The SMS indicator in screensaver seems not working very well. After I had read a new incoming SMS, the "New SMS" sign still appears even there is absolutely no unread SMS at all. Puzzled....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please read the FAQ (last item).

Hey maniac, are you accepting donations? I would like to pay a small sum to encourage you to continue developing your awesome tools!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's cool :) 8)

I've got a Paypal account - please look on my page.

Guest kawarra

Hi there,

I hope I am not posting a duplicated question or asking for a feature which is already part of the software.

The software works great for me!! Thanks.

I realised the joystick of my smartphone (Qtek 8310) is a bit too long. It will get accidentally hit whenever I put the phone in my pocket thus activating the lcd screen. My worry is it will drain battery whenever the screen is activated unnecessarily.

I wonder if the program can set it in a way to activate the LCD screen ONLY when the * key is pressed? I remember my previous Sony Ericsson phone works this way and was good in way it will not light up the screen when any key or joystick is pressed.

Thanks.

Your software is vey useful, I use it since a long time but I have a probleme with all the 3.x versions.

If I put the a different keylock time to applications than homescreen the keylock function doesn't work with applications, just work keylock in homescreen.

I use an Orange C500 phone with WM2003.

Thanks for your help

Edited by lobo71

Guest maniac103
Your software is vey useful, I use it since a long time but I have a probleme with all the 3.x versions.

If I put the a different keylock time to applications than homescreen the keylock function doesn't work with applications, just work keylock in homescreen.

I use an Orange C500 phone with WM2003.

Thanks for your help

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, you are right. I'll have a look into this.

EDIT: I've fixed this in v3.43 which I uploaded a minute ago.

Edited by maniac103

Guest Jacobus
Yes, you are right. I'll have a look into this.

EDIT: I've fixed this in v3.43 which I uploaded a minute ago.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It works now with application. Is it possible to change the font type of screen saver (clock face, etc)

Guest maniac103
It works now with application. Is it possible to change the font type of screen saver (clock face, etc)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not at the moment. This is planned for a later release, but only as one option for all the lines.

Guest maniac103
Ummm, did I screw something up? No matter what I do, the screensaver only shows a key, and nothing else... I can't get the time, date, etc stuff to appear.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What are your settings on the screen saver layout page (4-2)?