Automatic Keylock for WM2003 devices

Guest maniac103

Guest maniac103
Everything shows "Not used".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Perhaps you can try selecting anything other for these settings :)

These settings control the lines to be displayed. So for a screen saver with time, date and uread items, choose "Time" next to "1.", "Date" next to "2." and "Missed calls & messages" next to "3.".

Guest s.c.s.i.

maniac103, just wondering, what have you decided about the reminder for missed calls and unread messages?

Will you skip it alltogether or try to make the screen flash if there is something missed?

Guest maniac103
maniac103, just wondering, what have you decided about the reminder for missed calls and unread messages?

Will you skip it alltogether or try to make the screen flash if there is something missed?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's currently in the works :)

Hi Maniac,

Just thought I would let you know that I have installed version 3.44 on my SPV C600 and found that when it locks and goes to the screensaver it is very slow in this operation , the screensaver appears in 2 to 3 stages. It was ok when I had version 3.42 installed.

Thanks for a great program

Maniac

Just to add to my last post, after a couple of operations of keylock it stopped working.

I have removed 3.44 and installed 3.42 and it works ok.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Jim

Guest maniac103
Maniac

Just to add to my last post, after a couple of operations of keylock it stopped working.

I have removed 3.44 and installed 3.42 and it works ok.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Jim

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think I know what's going wrong: I did not disable the debugging mode before uploading the program. You can check if this is true by checking if the file \Temp\KeylockDebug.txt exists.

I'll upload a corrected version in 5 minutes.

I've had a problem with this version too. Sometimes I am unable to unlock the phone; I hit the left soft key and then hash, but am just taken back to the locked homescreen.

Could this be related to the debugging too?

Hi, has the debug-mode disabled version been uploaded yet?

*edit* Found it on the website, my battery drain problem is gone. It was the debug mode that was mysteriously draining my battery life... The battery life went down 3% every minute, but it only drops 1% after 20 minutes after installign the new version.

Edited by Vulpix

v3.45 works great on my C500.

Thanks.

Is it possible that when the soft lock the phone without the AKL homescreen, it turns lscreen off ?

Edited by lobo71

Guest maniac103
v3.45 works great on my C500.

Thanks.

Is it possible that when the soft lock the phone without the AKL homescreen, it turns lscreen off ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not to my knowledge. As far as I know there is no API for that. But as usual: If somebody has a hint, please tell me :)

Hi Maniac,

I have recently bought a Qtek 8100 and one of the first programs I installed was your keylock/screensaver - thanks!

I only use the screensaver part of the program. I don't need the keylock, so that part is disabled. And this causes a problem for me: Every time I turn the phone on, the screensaver doesn't activate. I have to go into the program settings, enable the keylock and then disable it again to get the screensaver to work. I have version 3.45.

Are you aware of this problem, and can anything be done? Maybe the easiest way to solve the problem would be a "screensaver only" version for those of us that only want a screensaver, not the automatic keylock function?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Oh, and totally off topic for this thread, but please forgive me: Does anyone know how to change the startup/splash screen on a Qtek 8100 with Windows Mobile 2003 SE?

Edited by dhbn

Guest maniac103
Hi Maniac,

I have recently bought a Qtek 8100 and one of the first programs I installed was your keylock/screensaver - thanks!

I only use the screensaver part of the program. I don't need the keylock, so that part is disabled. And this causes a problem for me: Every time I turn the phone on, the screensaver doesn't activate. I have to go into the program settings, enable the keylock and then disable it again to get the screensaver to work. I have version 3.45.

Are you aware of this problem, and can anything be done? Maybe the easiest way to solve the problem would be a "screensaver only" version for those of us that only want a screensaver, not the automatic keylock function?

Hmm, can't explain that. Indeed there is a bug in the config tool which causes the main program not to be launched if only "Screen saver" is checked. This will be fixed in the upcoming v3.5 (thanks for spotting that :)).

But on a phone startup, everything should be fine and was fine on my phone as I tested it a minute ago. Can you give me your settings (registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\maniac\AutoKeylock)?

Oh, and totally off topic for this thread, but please forgive me: Does anyone know how to change the startup/splash screen on a Qtek 8100 with Windows Mobile 2003 SE?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can have a look at the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Splash Screen :D

But on a phone startup, everything should be fine and was fine on my phone as I tested it a minute ago. Can you give me your settings (registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\maniac\AutoKeylock)?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here you go:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\maniac\AutoKeylock]

"EnableKeylock"=dword:00000000

"Timeout"=dword:0000001e

"LockingMode"=dword:00000000

"TimeoutApp"=dword:00000078

"RefreshInterval"=dword:0000001e

"HSOnly"=dword:00000000

"WiFiDevice"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\maniac\AutoKeylock\Backup]

"BatteryBackup"=dword:ffffffff

"ACBackup"=dword:ffffffff

"DisplayBackup"=dword:ffffffff

"BTBackup"=dword:ffffffff

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\maniac\AutoKeylock\Profiles]

"HeadsetFlags"=dword:00000000

"HandsfreeFlags"=dword:00000000

"CarFlags"=dword:00000000

"ChargingFlags"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\maniac\AutoKeylock\Excludes]

"AdvancedExcludeList"=""

"AdvancedMode"=dword:00000000

"AutoUnlockInApplications"=dword:00000000

"Flags"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\maniac\AutoKeylock\Screensaver]

"Layout"=dword:00000000

"UseLCDFont"=dword:00000000

"DateFormat"=dword:00000001

"EnableScreensaver"=dword:00000001

"Moving"=dword:00000001

"ShowIconLine"=dword:00000001

"SuppressKeys"=dword:00000000

"ColorScheme"=dword:00000003

"Contents Line0"=dword:00000001

"FontSize Line0"=dword:00000050

"Contents Line1"=dword:00000002

"FontSize Line1"=dword:00000019

"Contents Line2"=dword:00000003

"FontSize Line2"=dword:00000014

"Contents Line3"=dword:00000004

"FontSize Line3"=dword:00000014

"Contents Line4"=dword:00000005

"FontSize Line4"=dword:00000014

"StatusLineFlags"=dword:00000003

"CPSLineFlags"=dword:00000003

I can add that with an earlier version of the program - I forget which one - the screensaver only worked on programs (that is, if the homescreen was NOT shown) if I had set the program timeout to "same as homescreen". If I used a different specific timeout for programs than for homescreen, the screensaver only activated when the homescreen was visible. This is no longer a problem, but I thought I'd mention it in case it helps you in your bug hunting... ;-)

Guest maniac103
Here you go:

I can add that with an earlier version of the program - I forget which one - the screensaver only worked on programs (that is, if the homescreen was NOT shown) if I had set the program timeout to "same as homescreen". If I used a different specific timeout for programs than for homescreen, the screensaver only activated when the homescreen was visible. This is no longer a problem, but I thought I'd mention it in case it helps you in your bug hunting... ;-)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yesterday in the evening the most likely cause for this came to my mind: Do you have installed the program onto the storage card? If yes, please install it into the device memory as auto start from storage card does not work on WM2K3 devices.

...please install it into the device memory as auto start from storage card does not work on WM2K3 devices.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, that would be the cause of the problem then - thanks! But you previously wrote that the program doesn't launch if only the screensaver option is checked - does that mean that this problem will be present until version 3.5 is released?

And that leads me to another request: Since it is better to reduce as much as possible the amount of data stored on the phone, would you consider making a smaller screensaver-only version of your program for those of us who love the screensaver, but don't need the keylock option?

Guest smithy17

Hi there Maniac!

Great thanks for your great app.

It's all about those damn BT headsets that don't work when the device is locked.

When my BT headset is connected, my phone goes to "handset" profile correctly.

As I can see, your app catches keypresses while phone is locked, and simulates keypresses to unlock the phone when changing profile.

Can the following be done:

When the phone is in "handset" profile, catch keypress from BT and simulate "earpiece volume - down" long keypress (this activates voicetags recognition on my Qtek 8020)?

Thank you. I know that this topic rises over and over, but please be gracious - it's a real pain for all BT headset users...

Guest maniac103
Ok, that would be the cause of the problem then - thanks! But you previously wrote that the program doesn't launch if only the screensaver option is checked - does that mean that this problem will be present until version 3.5 is released?

No, this only applies to the following scenario:

- Keylock and screen saver are disabled (and thus Keylock.exe is not running)

- You enable ONLY the screen saver

Keylock.exe is not launched in this case.

And that leads me to another request: Since it is better to reduce as much as possible the amount of data stored on the phone, would you consider making a smaller screensaver-only version of your program for those of us who love the screensaver, but don't need the keylock option?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Short answer: No. The code to enable the keypad lock is very tiny in relation to the screen saver code and the shared code, so that's not worth the extra effort.

Hi there Maniac!

Great thanks for your great app.

It's all about those damn BT headsets that don't work when the device is locked.

When my BT headset is connected, my phone goes to "handset" profile correctly.

As I can see, your app catches keypresses while phone is locked, and simulates keypresses to unlock the phone when changing profile.

Can the following be done:

When the phone is in "handset" profile, catch keypress from BT and simulate "earpiece volume - down" long keypress (this activates voicetags recognition on my Qtek 8020)?

Thank you. I know that this topic rises over and over, but please be gracious - it's a real pain for all BT headset users...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I know - I have a BT headset, too :)

I'll have a look, but I'm not too optimistic. I doubt that there will be a keypress event on pressing the headset button (at least this is the case for the cable headset).

Guest smithy17
I'll have a look, but I'm not too optimistic. I doubt that there will be a keypress event on pressing the headset button (at least this is the case for the cable headset).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've got the same doubt. But it will be strange if there won't be any events on BT keypress - how the phone recognizes this keypress when unlocked then? Perhaps a BT driver rises something...

But thanks for the effort anyway.

Guest maniac103
I've got the same doubt. But it will be strange if there won't be any events on BT keypress - how the phone recognizes this keypress when unlocked then? Perhaps a BT driver rises something...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had a try: It's the most silly situation one can imagine: There is a keypress event, but only when the keypad is unlocked. If the keypad is locked, my keyboard hook does not see any keypress ;)

No, this only applies to the following scenario:

- Keylock and screen saver are disabled (and thus Keylock.exe is not running)

- You enable ONLY the screen saver

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm, now I'm confused... how is what you say different from what I say? Or put differently: can I install version 3.45 on the phone (not the card) and get it to start automatically with only the screensaver enabled, not the keylock? And when version 3.5 comes, will I be able to install it on the card and get it to work, or will there be no difference?

Thanks for all your answers!