Automatic Keylock for WM2003 devices

Guest maniac103

Guest maniac103
Hmm, now I'm confused... how is what you say different from what I say? Or put differently: can I install version 3.45 on the phone (not the card) and get it to start automatically with only the screensaver enabled, not the keylock? And when version 3.5 comes, will I be able to install it on the card and get it to work, or will there be no difference?

Thanks for all your answers!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you install it on the phone, the situation is the following:

In 3.45:

- startup works in all cases

- if it was disabled before (Keylock and screen saver was not checked), you have to check "Keylock" to make it work

In 3.5

- startup works in all cases

- activation through the config tool works in all cases

Guest smithy17
I had a try: It's the most silly situation one can imagine: There is a keypress event, but only when the keypad is unlocked. If the keypad is locked, my keyboard hook does not see any keypress ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It means that with the current kb hook of yours it is now possible ;)

Well, thanks anyway...

Guest Anton Oprya

Good day, Maniac.

I'd like to report to you about the error in the program Automatic keylock.

Error consists of the following:

Under certain circumstances (I think with the loss of signal) on screen saver shows

the mark of the absence of signal, the signal level is equal 293. Cannot be unblocked keyboard,

although smart in the background works normally, it assumes sms and bells, it is

possible to ring, using Bluetooth Headset.

Guest maniac103
Under certain circumstances (I think with the loss of signal) on screen saver shows

the mark of the absence of signal, the signal level is equal 293. Cannot be unblocked keyboard,

although smart in the background works normally, it assumes sms and bells, it is

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm, very strange. What OS are you using?

FYI: I've just released Automatic Keylock v3.5 together with a new site design. Check it out here ;-)

Guest Anton Oprya
Hmm, very strange. What OS are you using?

FYI: I've just released Automatic Keylock v3.5 together with a new site design. Check it out here ;-)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Qtek8200 (analog C550) - WM2003SE

Guest maniac103
Qtek8200 (analog C550) - WM2003SE

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm, I have no real clue. Please PM me your e-mail address so we can do some debugging (if you have time for that ;) )

Guest flomet

Hi Maniac

Nice to see the improvements to version 3.51, but I feel that there is one small problem and that is when keylock is set to home screen only and I am using any programs on the phone keylock still activates. It might be because my C600 is on 10% battery?

Thanks for a great program

Regards

Jim

Guest roma0803

Hi Maniac,

Another feature request from me for this great application:

An option to set the displaylight during certain times.

Example:

I'd like my backlight on when in my car during the daylight. I'd like it to dimm normal during the evening and night. So an option in the various profiles to keep backlight on between [time] and [time].

Would this be something you'd like to take a look at?

Cheers.

Guest maniac103
Hi Maniac

Nice to see the improvements to version 3.51, but I feel that there is one small problem and that is when keylock is set to home screen only and I am using any programs on the phone keylock still activates. It might be because my C600 is on 10% battery?

Thanks for a great program

Regards

Jim

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is already fixed in 3.52 ;)

Hi Maniac,

Another feature request from me for this great application:

An option to set the displaylight during certain times.

Example:

I'd like my backlight on when in my car during the daylight. I'd like it to dimm normal during the evening and night. So an option in the various profiles to keep backlight on between [time] and [time].

Would this be something you'd like to take a look at?

Cheers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess I won't implement this in the near future. It's a lot of work, and I guess only a very small number of users will need this. Sorry!

And one wish: Please use the new forums on my site for questions and feature requests. This has several advantages:

- All information regarding the program is bundled in one place.

- Everything is clearer as there can be one thread per question and not per program.

- I only have to look at one place ;) :(

Guest roma0803
I guess I won't implement this in the near future. It's a lot of work, and I guess only a very small number of users will need this. Sorry!

And one wish: Please use the new forums on my site for questions and feature requests. This has several advantages:

- All information regarding the program is bundled in one place.

- Everything is clearer as there can be one thread per question and not per program.

- I only have to look at one place ;) :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, it was worth the try ;)

Will do the requests there next time.

Guest Anton Oprya
Good day, Maniac.

I'd like to report to you about the error in the program Automatic keylock.

Error consists of the following:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Error in ver. 3.5 wasn't confirmed (even in ver. 3.42 it it wasn't).

May it was only in ver. 3.45

Thanks to the author for the quick correction of other errors, which were noted by me in ver. 3.5.

Guest Wombleuk

Hi Maniac,

I've come across a problem and I don't think it's been reported before.

I'm running Papyrus and when I get an alarm for an event I can snooze by pressing the right soft key and selecting snooze from the pop-up menu, which defaults to snooze, but also has a 'dismiss all' option.

Only problem is that the keyboard is still locked.

It works fine with City Time alarms, because the right soft key is the snooze button.

Is there anything you can do or should this go to the people at SBSH?

thanks,

Graham

Guest maniac103
Hi Maniac,

I've come across a problem and I don't think it's been reported before.

I'm running Papyrus and when I get an alarm for an event I can snooze by pressing the right soft key and selecting snooze from the pop-up menu, which defaults to snooze, but also has a 'dismiss all' option.

Only problem is that the keyboard is still locked.

It works fine with City Time alarms, because the right soft key is the snooze button.

Is there anything you can do or should this go to the people at SBSH?

thanks,

Graham

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

CityTimeAlarms AFAIK unlocks the keypad for itself, so this is no problem. I think you can use the normal reminder even with locked keypad by pressing the matching menu item number instead of using the joystick.

Guest Wombleuk
CityTimeAlarms AFAIK unlocks the keypad for itself, so this is no problem. I think you can use the normal reminder even with locked keypad by pressing the matching menu item number instead of using the joystick.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, you're dead right - thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mastiff

I hope this hasn't been covered before. I looked back around 15 pages of the thread and didn't see anything about it: I have installed the app on my 8 year old daughter's Qtek 8100, and when I try to set it up, I get screen garbling. I go down the list, and when I'm past the option to allow keypresses to IE, the configuration items are hidden under the current text. I see changeboxes going by, but the text on the screen doesn't change. Is this a known problem?

Guest maniac103
I hope this hasn't been covered before. I looked back around 15 pages of the thread and didn't see anything about it: I have installed the app on my 8 year old daughter's Qtek 8100, and when I try to set it up, I get screen garbling. I go down the list, and when I'm past the option to allow keypresses to IE, the configuration items are hidden under the current text. I see changeboxes going by, but the text on the screen doesn't change. Is this a known problem?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is a known problem for v3.6 (and for some users only). I'm currently looking into this together with some users as I don't see this behaviour here ;)

EDIT: Problem fixed in 3.61 ;)

Edited by maniac103

Guest maniac103
Thanks a lot! I'll download that now and check it out tomorrow. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please download 3.62 which I uploaded a minute ago as 3.61 did not solve the issue completely :|

Guest Mastiff

Thanks, Maniac! I actually got the chance to test 3.61 late last night, and you're right, it didn't fix it on that unit. Another problem I have is that I can't uninstall the app. If I do it from the phone's uninstallation menu, it just stays on the "hourglass" (well, the colored circle, but you know what I mean) forever. And I'm not totally sure I managed to upgrade correctly either, since it said it had to remove the previous version, and then it said after a while that it couldn't, but if I wanted to install the new version anyway. Then the installation seemed to go OK, and it asked for a soft reset at the end. The good part was that after installing the 3.61 the phone now locks the keys at the same time as the screen goes blank (after 30 seconds). So it works as it should, it's just that I can't configure it.

My daughter has taken the phone with her to school, so I'm gonna test this 3.62 version when she gets home again. I'll let you know. ;)

Guest Mastiff

That one worked! But I must say that I have had problems uninstalling/reinstalling. To get this one in, I had to soft reset twice before it wanted to remove the old version and install the new. But that's really not a problem any longer, it now seems to work exactly as it should for me. Thanks again!

Guest maniac103
That one worked! But I must say that I have had problems uninstalling/reinstalling. To get this one in, I had to soft reset twice before it wanted to remove the old version and install the new. But that's really not a problem any longer, it now seems to work exactly as it should for me. Thanks again!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The uninstall problem was related to the disappearing menu problem. The config tool crashed, but remained in memory. The uninstall tries to close that one and thus hang, too.

Guest Mastiff

Aha! OK, thanks. Anyway, I see no scenario that could make me uninstall this. An 8 year old and a 10 year old can't be expected to always remember to turn on the keylock. So I need it on their phones. ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest maniac103
Thanks for an useful app ;). I have only one question: do you know key codes for Qtek 8310 "Contacts" and "Messaging" keys?

The key codes are 182 (0xb6) for the Contacts key and 177 (0xb1) for the Messaging key.

• 1 month later...
Guest dhbn

Hi Maniac, I recently updated from version 3.44 I think it was, to 3.81, now to 3.82, and after updating to 3.8x my Qtek 8100 has gotten quite sluggish... it's slow to respond to keypresses, and I have to press twice on the green Pick Up button to answer calls. Is this a known problem, or is it just happening to me? Thanks in advance!