Automatic Keylock for WM2003 devices

Guest maniac103

Guest fozzie

I've just installed the latest version but randomly seem to get an icon showing on the screen saver that I have not seen before. It looks like the one for a missed call but the line coming off the handset icon is different?

Anyone know what it is and why I might be seeing it?

Thanks.

Edited by fozzie

Guest renegade722

Maniac,

This is probably the greatest program for smartphones that is currently available IMO. Thank you very much for it! I've only recently returned to see how you were getting on, having been using version 2.52 for a very long time!!

Anyway, I downloaded the version 3.82 for my SPV C500 and thought the improvements were great. But shortly after I started using it, it stopped displaying my message and missed call information. This was after I received a text message (which did appear on the screensaver), but which subsequentlly didn't go away after I'd read the text. Switching the phone off and then on cleared the message but it never came back again.

I thought I could correct the problem if I installed version 3.86, but alas! to my despair I am still not getting any notifications on the screen of missed calls or messages received. Is this an issue that you are aware of? Is there something I can 'tweak' to resolve it?

I'm sorry I can't be more specific (with details of my registry etc) but if you tell me what you need then I'll try and find it. I also apologise if this issue has already been covered in previous pages, but I couldn't spot it.

Thanks a lot for your help, and a superb program (I've also put it onto my brother's C600 for him ;D)

By the way, I have noticed this afternoon, that when connected to my pc using activesync the phone does seem to lock up quite frequently when the screensaver kicks in. The only way out of it is to take the battery out and this then resets the time to 12:00pm on 05/05/2005. You seem to have a fix for just about everything, can you sort this out too?!

Edited by renegade722

Does this work for WM2005 Devices, I have a MDA Vario, and can't seem to set a time on the keylock to kick in, unless I set a password, which I dont want to do.

Is there a way for "Vibration interval" in Notifications to check first whether vibration is allowed in the current profile?

Example:

At night I put my phone on Silent profile. Meaning no disturbance whatsoever even if someone's dying. :)

So in this case, I would like the phone to NOT notify(vibrate) me of missed calls/msgs, etc.

PS, the "Play sound" already checks for this!

(I am using version 3.86)

Thanks Maniac!

Edited by G35C

• 1 month later...
Guest maniac103
I've just installed the latest version but randomly seem to get an icon showing on the screen saver that I have not seen before. It looks like the one for a missed call but the line coming off the handset icon is different?

Anyone know what it is and why I might be seeing it?

I think you mean the call forward icon (which is displayed whenever the permanent call forwarding is enabled).

Wont install on my T-Mobile MDA III which is supposedly running wm2003

Does this work for WM2005 Devices, I have a MDA Vario, and can't seem to set a time on the keylock to kick in, unless I set a password, which I dont want to do.

Sorry, but this software is Smartphone only (not PocketPC) ;)

Anyway, I downloaded the version 3.82 for my SPV C500 and thought the improvements were great. But shortly after I started using it, it stopped displaying my message and missed call information. This was after I received a text message (which did appear on the screensaver), but which subsequentlly didn't go away after I'd read the text. Switching the phone off and then on cleared the message but it never came back again.

The "missed call & message" counter on WM2K3 is now cleared by a double press on the "Hangup" button.

I thought I could correct the problem if I installed version 3.86, but alas! to my despair I am still not getting any notifications on the screen of missed calls or messages received. Is this an issue that you are aware of? Is there something I can 'tweak' to resolve it?
DO you mean notifications on the screen saver or notifications by playing sound (page 5)? For the latter case - do you have "Notifications" on page 1 checked?

Thanks a lot for your help, and a superb program (I've also put it onto my brother's C600 for him ;D)

I hope you didn't forget to put the WM5 version on that :)

By the way, I have noticed this afternoon, that when connected to my pc using activesync the phone does seem to lock up quite frequently when the screensaver kicks in. The only way out of it is to take the battery out and this then resets the time to 12:00pm on 05/05/2005. You seem to have a fix for just about everything, can you sort this out too?!
It's normal that the time gets resets when pulling the battery, but I have never seen the screen saver freeze when using ActiveSync :D

Is there a way for "Vibration interval" in Notifications to check first whether vibration is allowed in the current profile?

I will have a look.

Guest fozzie
I think you mean the call forward icon (which is displayed whenever the permanent call forwarding is enabled).
I don't think so as I don't have any permanent call forward enabled. If it was that icon then it was incorrectly displayed.

I can't check at the moment as I have a new phone (C600) and don't have Keylock installed yet.

• 2 months later...
Guest Cybertronic

In the latest stable version whenever I pressed the start button, the screensaver would show the time and date (my own settings). In latest beta version, I would have to press the start button a few times to get the screensaver to show but then it disappears quickly and shows the homescreen instead. Is there a specific setting in latest beta version to do what latest stable version used to do? :rolleyes:

Guest maniac103
In the latest stable version whenever I pressed the start button, the screensaver would show the time and date (my own settings). In latest beta version, I would have to press the start button a few times to get the screensaver to show but then it disappears quickly and shows the homescreen instead. Is there a specific setting in latest beta version to do what latest stable version used to do? :rolleyes:

I've added a feature which keeps the backlight off while the screensaver is running even on keypresses (to save power). You can see the screensaver if you press Volume Up or Down.

If you do not like this behaviour, you can switch it off by setting the registry value HKCU\Software\maniac\AutoKeylock\DisableLightWorkaround to 1.

• 1 month later...
Guest scrattyrat

Hello,

do you know of a way to alter the keypad unlock sequence. At present it is: left softkey then '*' key (sp5m). Unfortunately my '*' key doesnt work anymore and i keep accidentally locking my phone out of habit.

Being an expert in locking thought you could help? Maybe a registry entry that can be changed which holds the keypad unlock sequence i can alter?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Maniac,

I have a custom program which launches tmail.exe (Messaging) at certain times. I have tmail.exe listed as an excluded application and AKL will not unlock the keyboard when Messaging launches and comes to the foreground. However, it will not lock the keyboard if Messaging is in the running in the foreground. Is this the correct behavior?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest Jacobus
I've added a feature which keeps the backlight off while the screensaver is running even on keypresses (to save power). You can see the screensaver if you press Volume Up or Down.

If you do not like this behaviour, you can switch it off by setting the registry value HKCU\Software\maniac\AutoKeylock\DisableLightWorkaround to 1.

I am using v.3.87 WM5. How to switch backlight on while keylock is running like original to enable to see the screen saver?

Edited by Jacobus

• 4 months later...
Guest magualla

Hello all,

I am using windows mobile standard and once I installed the program I get the keyboard hook error message. I know there is a conflict with an sms app that I have installed which I really need and don't want to uninstall. There is something mentioned in the early versions of the program but I don't quite understand what to do...please, can you help?

Thanks alot

• 2 weeks later...

Automatic Keylock is a great little application and I am glad someone thought of doing what MS should have done already.. But there is one more feature that could be added - I hope it wasn't already discussed in one of the 35 previous pages of this thread.

The feature of activation the keyboard when ActiveSync comes on is very clever and convenient. I noticed however that it does not work when ActiveSync works over bluetooth. Can that be changed?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest davidov

Don't know whether this has been posted yet but I can confirm that this works with WM6 on SPV E650. Had to play around with various settings to get the screensaver to work properly, but now screensaver works, moving clocks status icons etc.

Great app.

(I installed the WM5 version not the 2003 version).

• 1 month later...
Guest ozeegers
Don't know whether this has been posted yet but I can confirm that this works with WM6 on SPV E650. Had to play around with various settings to get the screensaver to work properly, but now screensaver works, moving clocks status icons etc.

Great app.

(I installed the WM5 version not the 2003 version).

Just installed the WM5 version on my WM6.... It keeps the "START bar" in the upper part of the screen visible when showing the screensaver and my Windows-key, OK-key, arrow-keys and softkeys stay accessable...

Is this because of WM6 or my device (HTC TytN) ?

thanx