Automatic Keylock for WM2003 devices

Guest maniac103

Guest cuk0724

Hi Maniac103

OK I have tried it. I had set my back light time out to 5 min by changing HKEY_CURRENT_USER/ControlPanel/Backlight/BatteryTimeOut to 30000.

When in the car the light stayed on for 10 mins, eventhought the setting in BatteryTimeOut was still 30000.

In the past I have changed the ACTimeOut to not turn off when on AC power, but this setting does not seem to work.

I then set the time out to 5 sec from the power management menu. When in the car the light timed out after 5 sec. The problem I then had was that when the phone was out of the car, I could not get the back light to stay on for more that 5 sec, even when I changed the reg setting back to 5 min (30000). The only way was to uninstall key lock and reboot.

Hope this is the sort of feedback you wanted.

Guest maniac103
Hi Maniac103

OK I have tried it. I had set my back light time out to 5 min by changing HKEY_CURRENT_USER/ControlPanel/Backlight/BatteryTimeOut to 30000.

When in the car the light stayed on for 10 mins, eventhought the setting in BatteryTimeOut was still 30000.

In the past I have changed the ACTimeOut to not turn off when on AC power, but this setting does not seem to work.

I then set the time out to 5 sec from the power management menu. When in the car the light timed out after 5 sec. The problem I then had was that when the phone was out of the car, I could not get the back light to stay on for more that 5 sec, even when I changed the reg setting back to 5 min (30000). The only way was to uninstall key lock and reboot.

Hope this is the sort of feedback you wanted.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please try the attached one if this works better for you - at least it works better when tested ;)

EDIT: Please see the top of the thread for the latest one ;)

Edited by maniac103

Guest cuk0724

Thought it was going to work ok, but!!!!!

I had the time out set to 5 mins (300000) in reg. I put the phone in the car with the light off, it then came on. I checked the reg setting of battery time out and it had changed to 99999999. The light stayed on. I then took the phone out of the car and the light would not stay on. The setting in the reg had changed to 0.

It then did not matter what setting I changed the backlight time out to, either using the reg editor or the power man setting, the value would change back to 0 after a few seconds. The light would not come on. I put it back in the car and the light still did not come on.

I turned the enable light setting to off and re-booted the phone, but still no light. I had to remove the programme, re-boot, set the values in the reg again, re-boot, before the backlight would work normally.

It is still not right. Now if I change the time out value I have to re-boot the phone to make the change take effect. Where it used to do i stright away.

I thought you had cracked it the first time I put it in the car.

Guest maniac103
Thought it was going to work ok, but!!!!!

I had the time out set to 5 mins (300000) in reg. I put the phone in the car with the light off, it then came on. I checked the reg setting of battery time out and it had changed to 99999999. The light stayed on. I then took the phone out of the car and the light would not stay on. The setting in the reg had changed to 0.

It then did not matter what setting I changed the backlight time out to, either using the reg editor or the power man setting, the value would change back to 0 after a few seconds. The light would not come on. I put it back in the car and the light still did not come on.

I turned the enable light setting to off and re-booted the phone, but still no light. I had to remove the programme, re-boot, set the values in the reg again, re-boot, before the backlight would work normally.

It is still not right. Now if I change the time out value I have to re-boot the phone to make the change take effect. Where it used to do i stright away.

I thought you had cracked it the first time I put it in the car.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I noticed this bug 10 minutes ago...please give the attached one a try - this should solve it ;) (Note: Disabling the keylock has the same effect as uninstalling it ;))

EDIT: Please see the top of the thread for the latest one :P

Edited by maniac103

Guest cuk0724

Downloaded and tried

BatteryTime out changed to 99999999 when put in the car, so the light came on and stayed on.

When I took the phone out of the car the value stayed at 99999999, so the Back light time out does not go back to the setting it was at (if that makes sence) before it was put in the car.

If I change the setting back to 300000, it will then change it's self to 99999999 after a few seconds. If I disable the keylock, the setting stay at what I change them to.

When I change the setting I have to re-boot to get them to take effect.

Could you possibly change the programe so that when the phone is removed from the car the settings in the reg are reset to what they were and then refreshed? If it is not possible to store the original value, would it be possible to pick a setting from within the programe?

Edited by cuk0724

Guest maniac103
Downloaded and tried

BatteryTime out changed to 99999999 when put in the car, so the light came on and stayed on.

When I took the phone out of the car the value stayed at 99999999, so the Back light time out does not go back to the setting it was at (if that makes sence) before it was put in the car.

If I change the setting back to 300000, it will then change it's self to 99999999 after a few seconds. If I disable the keylock, the setting stay at what I change them to.

When I change the setting I have to re-boot to get them to take effect.

Could you possibly change the programe so that when the phone is removed from the car the settings in the reg are reset to what they were and then refreshed? If it is not possible to store the original value, would it be possible to pick a setting from within the programe?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My intention is to restore the original values - so it seems there is something going wrong with that. Please try disabling the keylock, restoring the original values via control panel or registry and re-enabling it...and say if it worked ;)

In the 1.82 version, your software is incompatible with xBar 2.x, the Action key doesn't work !!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I doubt that...I have 1.82 running along with xBar 2 here and it is working without any problem. Is this problem really gone when the automatic keylock is disabled?

Guest cuk0724
My intention is to restore the original values - so it seems there is something going wrong with that. Please try disabling the keylock, restoring the original values via control panel or registry and re-enabling it...and say if it worked

When I do that it will work for the first time after enabling, but does not seem to restore the original value after that.

I will try some different things today, and see if I get any joy.

Guest maniac103
When I do that it will work for the first time after enabling, but does not seem to restore the original value after that.

I will try some different things today, and see if I get any joy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, seems like I have found the bug - I've overwritten my own backup :oops:

I've attached a new version.

Yes, the problem really gone when the automatic keylock is disabled, we are lot to have this problem...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But I wonder why it is working here without any problems...which other programs do you have running?

EDIT: Please see the top of the thread for the latest one ;)

Edited by maniac103

Guest JRC

My differents process are :

- xBar 2.6

- SmartFilter

- Keylock

Your last version 1.85 doesn't work ;) The Action button isn't active ;)

Guest maniac103
My differents process are :

- xBar 2.6

- SmartFilter

- Keylock

Your last version 1.85 doesn't work ;) The Action button isn't active ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did any of the previous versions work?

BTW: 1.85 had another bug in light handling. I'll keep you informed when I'm ready with it. So there's no need to try 1.85 at the moment :P

Guest ronswens

It conflicts with xBar 2.6, no doubts, Action key stops working after some time. I uninstalled Keylock and don't have this problem anymore.

Guest cuk0724
Ok, seems like I have found the bug - I've overwritten my own backup
Glade you found it!!!

I have been using Ver 1.82 all day and the turning on of the lights works fine, and as far as I can tell all other functions of the phone and programe are OK (I don't use xBar though). I have left the light on all day, as I've been in and out of the car loads. I have now changed the reg setting back to 5 mins and re-booted, now I'm back home.

1.85 had another bug in light handling. I'll keep you informed when I'm ready with it. So there's no need to try 1.85 at the moment

I will wait then!!!!!

Guest maniac103
It conflicts with xBar 2.6, no doubts, Action key stops working after some time. I uninstalled Keylock and don't have this problem anymore.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No conflicts with xBar 2.5 though

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, that explains it...I have 2.5 running here. I will see what I can do.

Glade you found it!!!

I have been using Ver 1.82 all day and the turning on of the lights works fine, and as far as I can tell all other functions of the phone and programe are OK (I don't use xBar though). I have left the light on all day, as I've been in and out of the car loads. I have now changed the reg setting back to 5 mins and re-booted, now I'm back home.

I will wait then!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, I think I fixed all the bugs...please try the attached one ;)

EDIT: Please see the top of this thread for the latest version...

Edited by maniac103

Guest cuk0724
OK, I think I fixed all the bugs...please try the attached one

Looks good to me ;)

Just given it a quick test and all seems OK. Light stayed on in the car, and reset back to the time I had once it was removed.

I will give it a full test tomorrow.

Like the option to keep the light on whilst charging too. ;)

I wil post again tomorrow.

Guest maniac103

Here is a french version for our french speaking people ;)

Thanks go to JRC, who has helped me with translating it - as my last french lesson in school was 8 years ago and I've forgotten almost everything :oops:

EDIT: Please see the top of this thread for the latest version...

Edited by maniac103

Guest cuk0724

OK I have been using Ver 1.86 all day with no problems what so ever ;)

All other programes have worked OK and the light and keylock have done just what they should.

Once again thanks maniac103 for your programe.

Guest maniac103

I have a new version. New is an option which enables automatic unlocking of the keypad when charging or when in headset or car profile.

EDIT: You find the latest one at the top of the thread...

Edited by maniac103

Guest cuk0724
I have a new version. New is an option which enables automatic unlocking of the keypad when charging or when in headset or car profile.

Just downloaded. Er the keylock does not seem to come on at all. I have it set to 30 sec only in the Home Screen. Car profile disabled, unlock auto, light on. Charging disabled, unlock auto.

I have tried a reboot, but still the same. Just going to try it in the car.

Guest cuk0724

Just tried it in the car.

The back light still works OK, but not the keylock. If I manually turn on the keylock it is not automatically turned off. And still no auto keylock. ;)

Just gone back to Ver 1.86 and keylock is fine.

Edited by cuk0724

Guest maniac103
Just tried it in the car.

If I manually turn on the keylock it is not automatically turned off.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is quite normal. Auto unlocking only works if the keypad was automatically locked before (how should I know if the keylock is active as there is no API for that? ;))

Also you have to run the appropriate language on your device (English for the English version, French for the French version).

But I don't understand why the automatic keypad locking doesn't work for you as I have 1.9 running here and everything works fine.

Can you give me the contents of the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AutoKeylock ?

Guest cuk0724

Just put Ver 1.9 back on, still no auto keylock.

Yes it is the English Version.

Here is the contents of the reg key

AdvanceExcludeList - Empty

AdvanceExcludes - 0

CarFlags - 7

ChargingFlags - 3

Enabled - 1

ExcludeFlags - 0

HeadsetFlags - 0

HSOnly - 1

LockingMode - 0

Path - \storage\program Files\AutoKeylock

Timeout - 30

TimeoutApp - 0

Thats all I have. Hope it is of some help.

Edited by cuk0724