Automatic Keylock for WM2003 devices

Guest maniac103

Guest maniac103

Please try this .exe and say which message boxes pop up...we will see whats happening there then ;)

To replace the .exe, disable the auto keylock via the config app, copy this .exe to \Storage\Program Files\AutoKeylock and re-enable it.

Edited by maniac103

Guest cuk0724

OK I get this

Info Box

Timeout: EnableIt = false

press OK get

Normal

press OK get

press Ok Get

Normal

Press OK Get

Back to Homescreen

Guest maniac103
OK I get this

Info Box

press OK get

Normal

press OK get

press Ok Get

Normal

Press OK Get

Back to Homescreen

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are damn fast ;)

In the meantime I could reproduce it with your settings. Here is the fix ;)

EDIT: The latest one is at the top of the thread :P

Edited by maniac103

Guest cuk0724
You are damn fast

Just happened to walk pass the computer when I got the notifaction email!!

But not as quick as you. I only had to install it. You had to change the programe.

Download and installed and.............................................All seems fine ;) :P

I will give it a good test tomorrow at work, and let you know then.

Back to watching the Grand Prix ;)

Guest lobo71

Your soft is very useful, thanks.

I tried the last version 1.91 fr with xbar 2.6.

The action key it doesn't work anymore.

Have you got any version that works well with xbar 2.6 ?

Guest cuk0724

I have tried ver 1.91 this afternoon.

It will work and auto unlock the first time I put it in the car. If I then take it out of the car, let it autolock and then put it back in the car, I get the info screen that you get when you have pressed the left soft key telling you to press the # key to unlock the phone. This will time out after 5 seconds, leaving the phone still locked. The third and following times, I get no message and the phone remains locked. This will happen with the Headset profile as well as on AC power.

If I disable the keylock programe and then re-enable it will work OK again for the first time, and then give me the message the second time. If I press the # key when asked the autolock still works, but the unlock will not.

Hope that makes sence.

Edited by cuk0724

Guest maniac103
Your soft is very useful, thanks.

I tried the last version 1.91 fr with xbar 2.6.

The action key it doesn't work anymore.

Have you got any version that works well with xbar 2.6 ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, I have not...I have contacted the author of xBar about this issue, but I didn't get a response yet. xBar should work up to 2.5, though.

I have tried ver 1.91 this afternoon.

It will work and auto unlock the first time I put it in the car. If I then take it out of the car, let it autolock and then put it back in the car, I get the info screen that you get when you have pressed the left soft key telling you to press the # key to unlock the phone. This will time out after 5 seconds, leaving the phone still locked. The third and following times, I get no message and the phone remains locked. This will happen with the Headset profile as well as on AC power.

If I disable the keylock programe and then re-enable it will work OK again for the first time, and then give me the message the second time. If I press the # key when asked the autolock still works, but the unlock will not.

Hope that makes sence.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm, I will have a look into this.

EDIT: I just tried it...Normal Profile - keylock went in; charging - keypad was unlocked; normal profile - keylock went in; charging - keypad was unlocked...so everything is fine here.

Just to be sure: You are running the English version of the program and your phone is set to English (so the title of the unlock window is "Unlock")?

If yes - please try the attached .exe. I have increased the waiting time between the keystrokes I send.

Something's happened to the settings page - I can't scroll below the homescreen timeout field.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess you enabled the option "Home screen only"? This behaviour is normal in this case, because the options below "Home screen timeout" are disabled as they wouldn't make sense with "Home screen only" enabled. If you switch off "Home screen only", all options should be accessible.

EDIT: Attachment removed as it was for debug only...

Edited by maniac103

Guest Lynswin

Hi

this app looks just the sort of thing I could do with so I dl it and installed it on my phone but it doesn't appear to work. I re-booted my SPV E200 and then it worked but I had to unlock the keypad to do something on my phone, then after that it wouldn't work again. It only seems to work once after a reboot.

Any ideas?

thanks

Guest maniac103
Hi

this app looks just the sort of thing I could do with so I dl it and installed it on my phone but it doesn't appear to work. I re-booted my SPV E200 and then it worked but I had to unlock the keypad to do something on my phone, then after that it wouldn't work again. It only seems to work once after a reboot.

Any ideas?

thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Erm, no - not at the moment ;)

What are the contents of the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AutoKeylock on your phone?

Guest cuk0724
I just tried it...Normal Profile - keylock went in; charging - keypad was unlocked; normal profile - keylock went in; charging - keypad was unlocked...so everything is fine here.

Just to be sure: You are running the English version of the program and your phone is set to English (so the title of the unlock window is "Unlock")?

If yes - please try the attached .exe. I have increased the waiting time between the keystrokes I send.

I tried the attached .exe, but with no joy, and yes it is the English version. But I think I have found the problem. ;)

I had the SIM lock enabled on my phone (the one where you enter a PIN when the phone turns on). I disabled this, rebooted the phone, disabled the keylock and then re-enabled the keylock. After this it has worked without a problem all afternoon. :P

As a quick test I have installed the programe (ver 1.91) on two C500 phones friends have. One had his SIM lock on and one did not. The programe worked first time on the phone with no SIM lock, but would only work on the second one if the actions above were followed. ;)

That said I have just connected to the PC and the phone unlocked OK. I then disconnected and after the phone had locked, put the headset on. It then showed the info box but did not unlock. I have now reboot the phone. And all is fine again, very strange :?:

Guest maniac103
I tried the attached .exe, but with no joy, and yes it is the English version. But I think I have found the problem. ;)

I had the SIM lock enabled on my phone (the one where you enter a PIN when the phone turns on). I disabled this, rebooted the phone, disabled the keylock and then re-enabled the keylock. After this it has worked without a problem all afternoon.  :P

As a quick test I have installed the programe (ver 1.91) on two C500 phones friends have. One had his SIM lock on and one did not. The programe worked first time on the phone with no SIM lock, but would only work on the second one if the actions above were followed. ;)

That said I have just connected to the PC and the phone unlocked OK. I then disconnected and after the phone had locked, put the headset on. It then showed the info box but did not unlock. I have now reboot the phone. And all is fine again, very strange :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very strange, indeed...I tried the same here and everything works fine.

BTW: I have the SIM lock enabled, too :?:

But please try the attached one...I replaced sending keystroke messages to the unlock window by emulating keypresses. Please let me know if this works for you.

Edited by maniac103

Guest fozzie
I guess you enabled the option "Home screen only"? This behaviour is normal in this case, because the options below "Home screen timeout" are disabled as they wouldn't make sense with "Home screen only" enabled. If you switch off "Home screen only", all options should be accessible.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Doh :oops: Of course I did. I don't know how I missed that one; well I was tired!

Guest cuk0724
Very strange, indeed...I tried the same here and everything works fine.

BTW: I have the SIM lock enabled, too 

But please try the attached one...I replaced sending keystroke messages to the unlock window by emulating keypresses. Please let me know if this works for you.

Don't you just love anything made by Microsoft. I re-enabled the SIM lock and the auto unlock still worked ;)

I have installed the new .exe file re-booted, have the SIM lock on, and all seem OK, car, headset and charging. I will just see how it goes.

Edited by cuk0724

Guest Lynswin
Erm, no - not at the moment ;)

What are the contents of the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AutoKeylock on your phone?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Er, how do I find that out? I am a bit of newbie.......

thanks

Guest cuk0724
Er, how do I find that out? I am a bit of newbie.......

You will need to down a reg editor from here Reg Edit

Once it is installed you will need to run it and then browse to the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AutoKeylock and post the contents.

Hope that helps

Guest maniac103
Don't you just love anything made by Microsoft. I re-enabled the SIM lock and the auto unlock still worked ;)

I have installed the new .exe file re-booted, have the SIM lock on, and all seem OK, car, headset and charging. I will just see how it goes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I still don't get why the last .exe works on your phone while the previos ones did not. Please try the attached one - I have added some message boxes that pop up when one of the windows I send messages to is not found.

If the message box "Unlock window is not found." pops up, I have to ask again: Are you 100% sure that the window title of the unlock window is exactly "Unlock" (without the quotes)?

Edited by maniac103

Guest fozzie

I've got the same problem on my C500. With my Simlock enabled, auto unlock doesn't work whilst charging. If I disable the Simlock, reboot, then auto unlock works fine. I'll see what happens with your last .exe

Guest maniac103
Any news about compatibilty with xbar ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, sorry ;)

I didn't receive any response from the xBar programmer yet...

Guest cuk0724

Ok

I have been using the .exe that you posted yesterday all day today, and I have not had any problems. Everthing has worked as it should. I have the SIM lock enabled again. The only thing that I have noticed is that once it looked like the Start and # key had been pressed while I was on a call. I think the reason for this is I was on a call when I put the phone in the car kit, the phone was locked, but when it saw the phone was in the kit tried to unlock. If that makes sense :?:

I still don't get why the last .exe works on your phone while the previos ones did not. Please try the attached one - I have added some message boxes that pop up when one of the windows I send messages to is not found.

If the message box "Unlock window is not found." pops up, I have to ask again: Are you 100% sure that the window title of the unlock window is exactly "Unlock" (without the quotes)?

I have just installed the new .exe from today, and again all is working fine. Car, Headset and while charging.

I have attached an image of the screen I was getting when the unlock did not work.

The two other peoples phones that I installed ver 1.91 on have been working fine all day (both have the SIM lock off though)

I might put Ver 1.91 back on mine tomorrow and see what happens?

post-120933-1115741597_thumb.jpg

Guest fozzie

Ok, the problem I was having with auto unlock not working when charging is to do with time and not SIM lock. If I start charging within 10 seconds of the C500 being auto locked, it will auto unlock. If I start charging after 10 seconds, it won't; nothing seems to happen. This occurs with both the latest full release and the single attached .exe above.

Guest maniac103
Ok

I have been using the .exe that you posted yesterday all day today, and I have not had any problems. Everthing has worked as it should. I have the SIM lock enabled again. The only thing that I have noticed is that once it looked like the Start and # key had been pressed while I was on a call. I think the reason for this is I was on a call when I put the phone in the car kit, the phone was locked, but when it saw the phone was in the kit tried to unlock. If that makes sense :?:

I have just installed the new .exe from today, and again all is working fine. Car, Headset and while charging.

That makes sense - this may occur if you unlock manually.

I might put Ver 1.91 back on mine tomorrow and see what happens?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, please try this. And may you have a look if you notice other windows on your phone which have the title "Unlock"?

Guest maniac103
Ok, the problem I was having with auto unlock not working when charging is to do with time and not SIM lock.  If I start charging within 10 seconds of the C500 being auto locked, it will auto unlock.  If I start charging after 10 seconds, it won't; nothing seems to happen.  This occurs with both the latest full release and the single attached .exe above.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you try the .exe with the message boxes? That would mean there is another window with the title "Unlock". May you have a look, too?

It shouldn't matter which time is between locking and starting charging - at least it doesn't matter on my phone :?:

Guest fozzie
Did you try the .exe with the message boxes? That would mean there is another window with the title "Unlock". May you have a look, too?

It shouldn't matter which time is between locking and starting charging - at least it doesn't matter on my phone :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you mean the one in >>this<< post, then yes. I don't get any popup message boxes.