Automatic Keylock for WM2003 devices

Guest maniac103

Guest cuk0724

I have been using the modified .exe with the message box all day today, with no problems or messages popping up. ;)

I will put ver 1.91 back on for tomorrow and see what happens.

Two of the other peoples C500 (we have the C500 as our new company phone, so I have a few phones to try it on!) that I installed ver 1.91 on have had a problem today. It is the same as what I was getting. The unlock screen comes up, stays for 5 seconds then goes, but the phone does not unlock. Once this happens the auto unlock will not work. The programe has to be disabled, phone rebooted, then the keylock re-enabled and all is then OK again ;)

Edited by cuk0724

Guest maniac103
I have been using the modified .exe with the message box all day today, with no problems or messages popping up. :P

I will put ver 1.91 back on for tomorrow and see what happens.

Two of the other peoples C500 (we have the C500 as our new company phone, so I have a few phones to try it on!) that I installed ver 1.91 on have had a problem today. It is the same as what I was getting. The unlock screen comes up, stays for 5 seconds then goes, but the phone does not unlock. Once this happens the auto unlock will not work. The programe has to be disabled, phone rebooted, then the keylock re-enabled and all is then OK again ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you give them the version with the message boxes and see what happens? If no message boxes appear it is 100% sure that there is another window with the title "Unlock" which gets the key down messages. The version here should perform better then. I guess I'll put the code of this .exe (key strokes instead of key down messages) in a new release ;)

EDIT: I've built a small test app, which searches for windows with the title "Unlock" and prints out the .exe this window belongs to if it finds one. Can you please try this on the phones where the auto unlock doesn't work?

Edited by maniac103

Guest cuk0724
I've built a small test app, which searches for windows with the title "Unlock" and prints out the .exe this window belongs to if it finds one. Can you please try this on the phones where the auto unlock doesn't work?
When I run this I get a Info window up tha says "Unlock window not found"

I think I may have found something. I have been using ver 1.91 all day today, and I have got the auto unlock not to work.

Setting as follows, all check boxes enabled except enable back light when charging.

Phone is locked by the programme in homescreen, I unlock the phone, put it unlocked in the car kit (or put it unlocked in the car kit while on the phone), after a few seconds the start menu comes up (programme thinks phone is still locked, so tries to unlock), press back key, phone still unlocked, take phone out of car kit, phone will lock as it should (I can then unlock and phone will then relock as it should as many times as I want to in Normal profile), put the phone locked back into the car kit, unlock window will come up but phone will not unlock, disable programme, re-enable programme, put locked into the car, phone will auto unlock, take out of car kit, phone will lock, put back in car kit, unlock window will come up and phone will not unlock.

This will continue until I disable the programme, reboot phone and then re-enable the programme. It will then work fine. I have tried this using the headset, but I can only get it to do it when I use the car kit. The only difference that I can see is when I use the car kit the profile will first change to Headset, then Normal then Car, all within about 6-7 seconds. Dont know if this will cause a problem if the programe looks to see what profile is in use at that time?

The other time the unlock screen came up and it did not unlock I have no idea why. I can understand, I think, why this happens. It is as if the programme forgets if the phone is locked or unlocked.

I then tried this again, but with using the .exe that shows the messages. What will happen is if the programme goes to unlock the phone and it is not locked, the start menu will come up. If you then press the back key a message window will be there saying “can not find unlock window” if you then press OK the programme seems to re-set its self and will then carry on working fine.

Can you give them the version with the message boxes and see what happens?

I have put this on two other peoples phones, and they have had the message window "Can not find unlock window" come up a couple of times today. I am not sure if the condition stated above were meet though. They have just pressed OK and all will then work OK.

The feeling is this is such a great programe, pressing the OK key may be once or twice a day, is no real problem ;)

Sorry about the epic, but it just seemed to get longer and longer as I typed. :roll:

Edited by cuk0724

Guest cuk0724
I am a newbie. Sorry for a simple question. How do you install this app?

Thank you

Have a look at pzee post at the bottom of page two. It will show you how to install.

Edited by cuk0724

Guest maniac103
When I run this I get a Info window up tha says "Unlock window not found"

I think I may have found something. I have been using ver 1.91 all day today, and I have got the auto unlock not to work.

Setting as follows, all check boxes enabled except enable back light when charging.

Phone is locked by the programme in homescreen, I unlock the phone, put it unlocked in the car kit (or put it unlocked in the car kit while on the phone), after a few seconds the start menu comes up (programme thinks phone is still locked, so tries to unlock), press back key, phone still unlocked, take phone out of car kit, phone will lock as it should (I can then unlock and phone will then relock as it should as many times as I want to in Normal profile), put the phone locked back into the car kit, unlock window will come up but phone will not unlock, disable programme, re-enable programme, put locked into the car, phone will auto unlock, take out of car kit, phone will lock, put back in car kit, unlock window will come up and phone will not unlock.

This will continue until I disable the programme, reboot phone and then re-enable the programme. It will then work fine. I have tried this using the headset, but I can only get it to do it when I use the car kit. The only difference that I can see is when I use the car kit the profile will first change to Headset, then Normal then Car, all within about 6-7 seconds. Dont know if this will cause a problem if the programe looks to see what profile is in use at that time?

Hmmm, it's a pity that it isn't reproduceable with the headset - as I have no car kit here :D

The switch Normal-Headset-Normal-Car should not be a problem.

The other time the unlock screen came up and it did not unlock I have no idea why. I can understand, I think, why this happens. It is as if the programme forgets if the phone is locked or unlocked.
I doubt the programme forgets anything :D

Do you mean the unlock screen came up when e.g. in normal profile? That would be really strange...

I then tried this again, but with using the .exe that shows the messages. What will happen is if the programme goes to unlock the phone and it is not locked, the start menu will come up. If you then press the back key a message window will be there saying “can not find unlock window” if you then press OK the programme seems to re-set its self and will then carry on working fine.

The message box is normal in this case, as it is normal that the unlock window could not be found because it didn't pop up. ;)

But the programme doesn't reset itself - at least not to my knowledge ;) It just displays this message box where it didn't do anything before.

I have put this on two other peoples phones, and they have had the message window "Can not find unlock window" come up a couple of times today. I am not sure if the condition stated above were meet though. They have just pressed OK and all will then work OK.
Did it come up when it should switch for locked to unlocked state? That would be the explanation for our problem. I guess I will do a 1.92 then with the simulated keypresses instead of the keyboard messages sent to the window - with the negative side-effect, that when the phone ws unlocked before, there are 2 keypresses (left soft key and #) - but that should be a big problem.

The feeling is this is such a great programe, pressing the OK key may be once or twice a day, is no real problem ;)

This shouldn't be a problem as this was a debug .exe which wasn't meant to be used all the time :P

Sorry about the epic, but it just seemed to get longer and longer as I typed. :roll:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hehe...I like it better when I receive good feedback rather when hearing nothing...

EDIT: 1.92 with the changes mentioned is in the first post.

Edited by maniac103

Guest cuk0724

I doubt the programme forgets anything

Do you mean the unlock screen came up when e.g. in normal profile? That would be really strange...

No it was in normal profile!!

Did it come up when it should switch for locked to unlocked state? That would be the explanation for our problem. I guess I will do a 1.92 then with the simulated keypresses instead of the keyboard messages sent to the window - with the negative side-effect, that when the phone ws unlocked before, there are 2 keypresses (left soft key and #) - but that should be a big problem.

One was unlocked when it was put in the car kit. The other one I don't know.

Just installed ver 1.92. I will try it out today. One thing I have just noticed. As a test I unlocked the phone, then put it on charge. The start menu came up and then the dial screen with # displayed. I know thats is what should happen with this version, it's just that if the phone is unlocked and I press the left soft key and then # I end up at the second screen of the start menu. I would have thought it should have ended up at the same screen wheather I or the programe try to unlock a unlocked phone. ;) Edit tried this with headset and that works the same as me pressing the keys. I will try the car in a bit.

Edited by cuk0724

Guest maniac103
Just installed ver 1.92. I will try it out today. One thing I have just noticed. As a test I unlocked the phone, then put it on charge. The start menu came up and then the dial screen with # displayed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess the phone needed more time to open the start menu window than the 20 milliseconds I wait for the unlock window to open. I can increase this waiting time, but if it is too long, it looks rather sluggish :|

Edited by maniac103

Guest cuk0724
I guess the phone needed more time to open the start menu window than the 20 milliseconds I wait for the unlock window to open. I can increase this waiting time, but if it is too long, it looks rather sluggish
This could explaine some of the problems we have been having. I just tried it in the car, putting it in the kit unlocked first, most of the time the key presses work ok, and all I get is the second screen of the start menu. Twice I ended up at the dial screen with the # showing.

When I use the car kit the phone is also on charge. I wonder if it has something to do with charging that makes the phone slow to react to the unlock screen? as I have auto unlock enabled for both the car and charging. Could the two conflict?

This is what has happened in the past, as when the phone goes to unlock the unlock window comes up, and it is as if it is waiting for the # key press that never comes.

fossie May 10 2005, 08:18 Post #93 

I've got the same problem on my C500. With my Simlock enabled, auto unlock doesn't work whilst charging. If I disable the Simlock, reboot, then auto unlock works fine.

I wonder if this is the problem here?

Edited by cuk0724

Guest maniac103
This could explaine some of the problems we have been having. I just tried it in the car, putting it in the kit unlocked first, most of the time the key presses work ok, and all I get is the second screen of the start menu. Twice I ended up at the dial screen with the # showing.

When I use the car kit the phone is also on charge. I wonder if it has something to do with charging that makes the phone slow to react to the unlock screen? as I have auto unlock enabled for both the car and charging. Could the two conflict?

This is what has happened in the past, as when the phone goes to unlock the unlock window comes up, and it is as if it is waiting for the # key press that never comes.

I wonder if this is the problem here?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That would explain each and every of the problems we had ;)

But does it really need more than 20 milliseconds - that's 4 million clock cycles :exclaim: - to open up this window?

Anyway, I have compiled a new .exe with the old keyboard message code and a waiting time of 100 milliseconds. Can you give this one a try and see if it helps?

Guest cuk0724
That would explain each and every of the problems we had

But does it really need more than 20 milliseconds - that's 4 million clock cycles  - to open up this window?

Anyway, I have compiled a new .exe with the old keyboard message code and a waiting time of 100 milliseconds. Can you give this one a try and see if it helps?

I hope so ;)

Downloaded. I'm working from home today, so I will try and give it a go later.

Post results then.

Guest cuk0724

Just given it a good work out!! and all seems OK.

I have tried unlocking before I put it in the car or headset and the start menu came up, but only on the first screen. With ver 1.92 the start screen came up and then went to the second screen when the # key press was seen. Is this right?

Will try some more different setting.

Guest madu

Version 1.6 slowed my SP3i down a lot... "Egg" timer used to pop up a lot.

Anyone else noticed this problem? If so, has it been fixed yet?

Guest cuk0724

The programe is now at Ver 1.92 (see first post) this may have fixed your problem.

Guest maniac103
Just given it a good work out!! and all seems OK.

I have tried unlocking before I put it in the car or headset and the start menu came up, but only on the first screen. With ver 1.92 the start screen came up and then went to the second screen when the # key press was seen. Is this right?

Will try some more different setting.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is ok - I want to minimize the wrong keypresses.

It's good that it works now...I will then make a 1.93 with that code.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What do you mean by "Egg timer". IIRC I didn't implement an egg timer to my program ;)

Edited by maniac103

Guest cuk0724

I have tried everything I can to get this .exe version to not work and so far it has worked fine. ;)

The only thing I have found is the following.

If you unlock the phone in normal profile, put phone in car/headset/charge, the start menu comes up (as it should, as the phone has tried to unlock its self), after 20 seconds (that’s the time out I have set to lock) it will go away, 20 seconds later it will come back, etc. I thought that once the phone had tried to unlock its self in car/headset/charge once it would not try again?

Guest maniac103
I have tried everything I can to get this .exe version to not work and so far it has worked fine. ;)

The only thing I have found is the following.

If you unlock the phone in normal profile, put phone in car/headset/charge, the start menu comes up (as it should, as the phone has tried to unlock its self), after 20 seconds (that’s the time out I have set to lock) it will go away, 20 seconds later it will come back, etc. I thought that once the phone had tried to unlock its self in car/headset/charge once it would not try again?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh yes, that's a bug. I will fix this in 1.93 - which I will upload in about 5 minutes ;)

EDIT: Uploading done.

Edited by maniac103

Guest cuk0724
Oh yes, that's a bug

Thought it was me going made :roll:

Downloaded ver 1.93. I will give that a go and hopefully all will be OK. I'm at work tomorrow so I can give it a good test then.

Guest cuk0724

Did you keep the 100 millsecond wait with this version, as I am back to not unlocking all the time. It will unlock the firt time, but not after that. That is headset and car. :cry:

If I get a chance I will see if I can replicate the problem for you.

Edited by cuk0724

Guest cuk0724

I can get this to do the same thing every time if I follow this. This is with the headset or car, it does not matter.

Clean install ver 1.93, set up and enable, from locked into headset, phone unlocks, back to normal profile phone locks, into headset unlock window comes up but phone does not unlock, back to normal and unlock, wait till auto locks, back in headset nothing not even the unlock window. Reboot phone and I will get the same.

Disable keylock, copy 100 millisecond .exe to programme folder. Re-enable programme using the setting retained, in normal profile phone locks, in headset phone unlocks, in normal phone locks, in headset unlock window comes up but phone does not unlock, back to normal and manually unlock, phone then autolocks, back to headset and nothing. Reboot phone, changing nothing, and it will work fine (apart form the continualled trying to unlock if phone manually unlocked before putting in headset). This will then work no matter what I try to do to muck it up.

I have tried this now 4 times and get the same each time.

Guest maniac103
I can get this to do the same thing every time if I follow this. This is with the headset or car, it does not matter.

Clean install ver 1.93, set up and enable,  from locked into headset, phone unlocks, back to normal profile phone locks, into headset unlock window comes up but phone does not unlock, back to normal and unlock, wait till auto locks, back in headset nothing not even the unlock window. Reboot phone and I will get the same.

Disable keylock, copy 100 millisecond .exe to programme folder. Re-enable programme using the setting retained, in normal profile phone locks, in headset phone unlocks, in normal phone locks, in headset unlock window comes up but phone does not unlock, back to normal and manually unlock, phone then autolocks, back to headset and nothing. Reboot phone, changing nothing, and it will work fine (apart form the continualled trying to unlock if phone manually unlocked before putting in headset). This will then work no matter what I try to do to muck it up.

I have tried this now 4 times and get the same each time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It seems to me like there is a program on your phone which takes quite a lot processor time ;)

I tried to reproduce this several times now - I plugged the headset in and out and the phone always locked and unlocked like it should...the change in behaviour which you experience after rebooting phone also is a sign for this.

1.93 is the same as the 100 millisecond .exe. The only thing I changed is that I mark the phone as unlocked every time I try to unlock it - and not only when I ound the unlock window.

I don't really know what to do to get it working on your phone...The only thing I can think of is to implement a registry value which controls the time the program waits for the unlock window to appear so you can play around with that for yourself.

EDIT: I've done this in 1.94. Please play around with the registry value HKCU\Software\AutoKeylock\WindowWaitingTime ;)

To make the program realize the new settings, run the config app and just press OK.

Edited by maniac103

Guest cuk0724
I don't really know what to do to get it working on your phone...The only thing I can think of is to implement a registry value which controls the time the program waits for the unlock window to appear so you can play around with that for yourself.

Thanks. ;)

I have downloaded this, and done a clean install. The first time I run this I got the same problem as before, even though I had changed the time out setting and then enabled the programe, the new setting did not seem to take effect. ;) After a reboot though all has been ok. :P

I have been playing a bit and it seems that for the new time out to take effect I have to reboot, not a problem though.

At the moment I have it set to 500. I will play around and see if I can find the setting time where it starts to play up.

Edited by cuk0724

Couple of other suggestions -

* Add an option so that the keylock is automatically disabled when you answer a call.

* Add an option to the exclude list so that the keylock isn't automatically enabled when in a call.

Would be great if you could implement them!

Guest maniac103
Couple of other suggestions -

* Add an option so that the keylock is automatically disabled when you answer a call.

Can you tell me what this option should to in detail? I don't see the point of this at the moment as you can answer a call regardless wheter the keylock is in or not.

* Add an option to the exclude list so that the keylock isn't automatically enabled when in a call.

Would be great if you could implement them!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is in the program since 1.2 ;) - although it is hardcoded and not an option. Do we really need this as an option? I think at least 99% of the people do not like when the keylock is enabled while in a call...