Automatic Keylock for WM2003 devices

Guest maniac103

Guest cuk0724

Just to let you know I have been running ver 1.94 all day with the window time out set to 500, so far with no problems. I have also put this on one other friends phone, and again no problems. I will try changing the value to see if I can find out when I start to get problems.

Guest maniac103
Any news about compatibilty with xbar ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Today I received a mail from the xBar developer. He received a lot of feedback about the action key bug and is working on a new version.

In his opinion my keyboard hooking code is ok ;)

Guest wkeyau

I'm new to smartphone. Here's my first question:

I downloaded the keylock program...after installing it, the cab file disappeared. Is that normal???

------------------------

Audiovox smt5600

Thanks

Guest abar
I'm new to smartphone. Here's my first question:

I downloaded the keylock program...after installing it, the cab file disappeared. Is that normal???

Yes, that's normal...

Guest ronswens
Today I received a mail from the xBar developer. He received a lot of feedback about the action key bug and is working on a new version.

In his opinion my keyboard hooking code is ok ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Glad to hear, this seems to be true, I found that not only Keylock conflicted with xBar 2.6, some other apps too.

Guest Powerfull

Hello maniac103, I follow your great soft since few versions, and I just want to report some bugs.

When the backlight is set to enabled, the backlight is alternatively turn on and off for few seconds or sometimes more.

The auto-unlock doesn't work I got the message "Press the the '#' key to unlock the phone"

Any idea about these bugs.

I have a SPVE2OO with the last french ROM, the language is in english, and I use the french version of your soft.

Thanks.

Cheers.

Can you tell me what this option should to in detail? I don't see the point of this at the moment as you can answer a call regardless wheter the keylock is in or not.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When you receive a call with the keylock is on, you can answer the call no problems. But then, if you want to accept a call on call-waiting, or view your calendar etc., you first have to disable the keylock. Obviously not the end of the world but it would be nice to be able to have the keylock removed immediately.

This is in the program since 1.2 ;) - although it is hardcoded and not an option. Do we really need this as an option? I think at least 99% of the people do not like when the keylock is enabled while in a call...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I could have sworn this wasn't happening on a far later version than 1.2 but maybe I was going mad! Definitely no need for this to be an option.

Guest Powerfull

I don't know how do you process to put the backlight enabled, I just have a thought, if you put these keys:

<!-- ScreenSaver=none -->

the backlight is enabled and the backlight never turn off.

Cheers

Guest scrattyrat

How about disabling autolock when the device is connected via activesync? this would be nice. I see that it can be done when charging the phone, but i activesync using BT, and sometimes USB, and USB sync does not always charge the device (ie when it is fully charged it stops showing as charging and keypad is locked, even though still connected via usb).

Also - i havent tried it yet - but i would like to disable autokeylock when my BT headset connects (headset symbol in top of screen), but dont know if when this actually changes the profile to headset? anyone know if this works?

thanks

Guest cuk0724

Hi Powerfull

The auto-unlock doesn't work I got the message "Press the the '#' key to unlock the phone"
I have this problem, and in the latest version maniac has added a setting to the reg that can be adjusted. It is the time the programme waits for the "unlock window" to come up before sending the # key press. I have it set to 250 now and it has been OK all day.

I don't really know what to do to get it working on your phone...The only thing I can think of is to implement a registry value which controls the time the program waits for the unlock window to appear so you can play around with that for yourself.

EDIT: I've done this in 1.94. Please play around with the registry value HKCU\Software\AutoKeylock\WindowWaitingTime

To make the program realize the new settings, run the config app and just press OK.

Give this ago and see if it works.

Guest JaD2004

For some reason I only get corrupted cabs ... anyone found this problem? Could someone post it as zip?

Let me be the first one to download the update.  ;)

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest maniac103
For some reason I only get corrupted cabs ... anyone found this problem?

I just tried to download the English version from the site...it uncompresses without problems...

Could someone post it as zip?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This won't work as the cab also installs links into the start menu and the startup folder. Please try to re-download it.

Guest DoctorPC

Thank you! ;)

Great program, will save me money & sometimes embarassment from calling people from my pocket.

Also great job with the customization, very detailed & professional.

Thank you for making it available to all.

I hope you submit to the Windows Mobile Developer team so maybe they could incorporate your program in a future release?

Respectfully,

Doctor PC

PS You know it's funny I work as in IT, and i have people ask me why when you get the latest new program or product they sometimes drop one of the great features from the original. My Ericsson phone had this automatic key-lock feature almost 10 years ago, why can't we find it built into phones now?

Guest maniac103
Thank you! ;)

Great program, will save me money & sometimes embarassment from calling people from my pocket.

Also great job with the customization, very detailed & professional.

Thank you for making it available to all.

Thank you ;)

I hope you submit to the Windows Mobile Developer team so maybe they could incorporate  your program in a future release?
I think it is not the knowledge that is missing, there simply is nobody at Microsoft who thought it makes sense to add such a feature...they have incorporated the automatic device lock and thought it was ok. :P

PS You know it's funny I work as in IT, and i have people ask me why when you get the latest new program or product they sometimes drop one of the great features from the original. My Ericsson phone had this automatic key-lock feature almost 10 years ago, why can't we find it built into phones now?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think this is a problem of the phone brand...before the SDA I had a Sony Ericsson T610 which had the automatic keylock. I got used to this feature so much that it got on my nerves that it was missing from WM2003...so I decided to implement this for myself ;)

Guest Powerfull

Hi cuk0724,

Thank you for your help, I tried to change the timing, but the effect is the same, unlock doesn't work.

Guest Maaz

Same here, tried tampering with the timer...

No result....

Tried 250, 500, 800 and 1000 as timer settings.

Reboot and opened config as described.....

Please help fixing the unlock!!!!

But still a great app, even without auto unlock!!!!

Keep up the good work! ;)

Guest scrattyrat

2 useful additions would be:

1. Disable autolocking and allow auto-unlock when a Bluetooth headset is connected. This would be great because for some reason BT haadsets dont receive calls properly when keypad is locked. Unfortunatley the 'headset' profile is not switched to when a bluetooth headset connects, it only does this when a wired headset is plugged in.

2. Disable autolocking and allow auto-unlock when connected via activesync (both bluetooth and USB). This would be very helpful as most of the time i am connected via activesync i am installing apps which then require button presses on the phone to complete. If the phone autounlocked when i connected it would be hassle free.

Do you think this is possible?

Thanks

Very useful app by the way ;)

Guest maniac103
Hello maniac103, I follow your great soft since few versions, and I just want to report some bugs.

When the backlight is set to enabled, the backlight is alternatively turn on and off for few seconds or sometimes more.

I don't have a clue about this one...I simply set the ACTimeout and BatteryTimeout values in the registry to a large value and restore them when the charger is plugged out.

Any idea about these bugs.

I have a SPVE2OO with the last french ROM, the language is in english, and I use the french version of your soft.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This can't work...auto unlock only works for the matching language versions, so you either have to set your OS to French or use the English version of my program. This should help ;)

Same here, tried tampering with the timer...

No result....

Tried 250, 500, 800 and 1000 as timer settings.

Reboot and opened config as described.....

Please help fixing the unlock!!!!

But still a great app, even without auto unlock!!!!

Keep up the good work! ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What are your language settings?

2 useful additions would be:

1. Disable autolocking and allow auto-unlock when a Bluetooth headset is connected. This would be great because for some reason BT haadsets dont receive calls properly when keypad is locked. Unfortunatley the 'headset' profile is not switched to when a bluetooth headset connects, it only does this when a wired headset is plugged in.

2. Disable autolocking and allow auto-unlock when connected via activesync (both bluetooth and USB). This would be very helpful as most of the time i am connected via activesync i am installing apps which then require button presses on the phone to complete. If the phone autounlocked when i connected it would be hassle free.

Do you think this is possible?

Thanks

Very useful app by the way  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sorry about both of them.

1. I have found no way to detect a connected bluetooth headset as - as you already mentioned - the profile doesn't switch.

If anybody knows about a way to detect a BT headset from EVC4 - I'm open for enlightenment :P

2. The same problem occurs with AS connections. There is an event for connecting to AS, but no event for disconnecting :D

Guest Powerfull

Thank you maniac103, now the unlock work well even with default timing.

For the backlight I made some test, and it's work when I use the AC adaptator for charging, but it's doesn't work with USB cable.

If you change this key:

<!-- Screen Saver mode = none -->

it will work for both USB and adapator charging.

There is another thing, the correct value for BatteryTimeout is 99999 instead of 99999999, the result is the same but when you go to the Power Management with 99999999 it's writte "5 seconds" and with 99999 it's write "Never" as it's should be.

Thank you for your great app.

Guest scrattyrat

@maniac103

quote: "2. The same problem occurs with AS connections. There is an event for connecting to AS, but no event for disconnecting :("

regarding AS connections / disconnections, there is an app called 'John Cody's alerts!' which uses events to trigger alerts. Some of the event triggers you can set are Docking with PC and activesync finishing. Thought id let you know - maybe he may help you with finding the disconnecting AS event? http://www.omnisoft.com/alerts/ just a thought.

Shame about the BT headset thing though - the best part of your app is the ability to auto-unlock the phone in certain situations, the main use for me would have been BT headset connection as i dont ever change profiles or use a wired headset.

Thanks

Guest maniac103
Thank you maniac103, now the unlock work well even with default timing.

For the backlight I made some test, and it's work when I use the AC adaptator for charging, but it's doesn't work with USB cable.

Is you battery fully charged? That could be the explanation - as I stated earlier in this thread.

If you change this key:

<!-- Screen Saver mode = none -->

it will work for both USB and adapator charging.

This value is 1 on my SDA by default, nevertheless I can change this value in my programm, too, for those people where this is not the case.

There is another thing, the correct value for BatteryTimeout is 99999 instead of 99999999, the result is the same but when you go to the Power Management with 99999999 it's writte "5 seconds" and with 99999 it's write "Never" as it's should be.

Thank you for your great app.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Never" is 4294967295 on my SDA - but you are right, I can change the value so that "Never" is selected in power management.

Can you try to set this value on your phone and see what is displayed in power management?

Guest Powerfull
"Never" is 4294967295 on my SDA - but you are right, I can change the value so that "Never" is selected in power management.

Can you try to set this value on your phone and see what is displayed in power management?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not able to put this value, there is too many characters.

For the screen saver mode, it will be nice if you can put the value to 1 for people who don't have this value by default, and restore the previous value when backlight is not enable.

Thanks for you reply.

Edited by Powerfull

Guest maniac103
I'm not able to put this value, there is too many characters.

For the screen saver mode, it will be nice if you can put the value to 1 for people who don't have this value by default, and restore the previous value when backlight is not enable.

Thanks for you reply.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm, I don't understand that... the value I mentioned is 2^32-1, written in hex notation 0xFFFFFFFF. BatteryTimeout should be of type REG_DWORD, so this number should be the maximum one can assign to this registry value.

Which tool did you use to put this value into the registry?

Guest Powerfull

I tried with Smartione, it's doesn't work, but with registry editor I'm able to change the value, but in power management it's allways write "5 seconds".

Guest maniac103
I tried with Smartione, it's doesn't work, but with registry editor I'm able to change the value, but in power management it's allways write "5 seconds".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So I guess I'll stick with the value I chose before. Your proposed value 99999 doesn't work with my SDA, my proposed value doesn't work with your E200.

So do not go into power management while backlight is permanently enabled by my program ;)