Automatic Keylock for WM2003 devices

Guest maniac103

Guest Maaz

I have dutch version, so that explaines it.

Is it possible to change a registry for language in your program?

I don't have a clue about this one...I simply set the ACTimeout and BatteryTimeout values in the registry to a large value and restore them when the charger is plugged out.

This can't work...auto unlock only works for the matching language versions, so you either have to set your OS to French or use the English version of my program. This should help ;)

What are your language settings?

I'm sorry about both of them.

1. I have found no way to detect a connected bluetooth headset as - as you already mentioned - the profile doesn't switch.

If anybody knows about a way to detect a BT headset from EVC4 - I'm open for enlightenment ;)

2. The same problem occurs with AS connections. There is an event for connecting to AS, but no event for disconnecting :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest cuk0724

Hi Maniac

Just to let you know I have been reducing the window time out value all week. Got it down to 125 today and it worked fine most of the day. Just put it in the car to go home and it did not unlock :cry:

I changed the value back to 250 worked once then no more. Just rebooted and its back to working OK ;)

Think I will just live with it, as its sooooo handy a programme.

scrattyrat Posted Today @ 12:46. regarding AS connections / disconnections, there is an app called 'John Cody's alerts!' which uses events to trigger alerts. Some of the event triggers you can set are Docking with PC and activesync finishing. Thought id let you know - maybe he may help you with finding the disconnecting AS event? http://www.omnisoft.com/alerts/ just a thought.

Also has an auto unlock for when the alarm sounds, according to the web site.

Edited by cuk0724

Guest maniac103
I have dutch version, so that explaines it.

Is it possible to change a registry for language in your program?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have added this to the new version 2.0.

I also added the window waiting time value to the config tool and did some cleanup in it.

I hope I didn't break anything ;)

Guest cuk0724
I have added this to the new version 2.0.

I also added the window waiting time value to the config tool and did some cleanup in it.

I hope I didn't break anything

Downloaded. Looks like it's working OK, but I've said that before!!

Thanks for adding the ability to change the window time from the programme. Saves loading a reg editor if I install it on other phones.

One thing I have noticed is that after the programme is installed, the first time it went in the car kit, the reg setting for the backlight changed to 9999999, and did not reset. Changed the vaule back via reg edit rebooted and then OK. This has happened on 4 other phones the programme has been installed on.

Guest maniac103

Thanks for adding the ability to change the window time from the programme. Saves loading a reg editor if I install it on other phones.

One thing I have noticed is that after the programme is installed, the first time it went in the car kit, the reg setting for the backlight changed to 9999999, and did not reset. Changed the vaule back via reg edit rebooted and then OK. This has happened on 4 other phones the programme has been installed on.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm, you mean something like this:

- install program

- put phone into car kit

- put it out of car kit

- value is not restored

- restore value manually

- put it into car kit

- put it out

- value is restored

That would be VERY strange, indeed. Can you confirm it is like I wrote above?

Guest cuk0724
Hmmm, you mean something like this:

- install program

- put phone into car kit

- put it out of car kit

- value is not restored

- restore value manually

- put it into car kit

- put it out

- value is restored

That would be VERY strange, indeed. Can you confirm it is like I wrote above?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Almost

install

put in car

take out of car

value not restored

restore manually

REBOOT - with no reboot the value will change back to 999999

then OK

So far it has only happened when the programme is fisrt installed ;)

I take the same opion as I think you do, and thats, it is just not logical :exclaim:

Why and why only on the first time!

Edited by cuk0724

Guest maniac103
Almost

install

put in car

take out of car

value not restored

restore manually

REBOOT - with no reboot the value will change back to 999999

then OK

So far it has only happened when the programme is fisrt installed ;)

I take the same opion as I think you do, and thats, it is just not logical :exclaim:

Why and why only on the first time!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So this problem is only when you install it, run the config app and put it into the car without rebooting between installing and running the config app?

If this is the case, I would say it is a very minor issue, although I still do not understand it. If the value keeps being set to 9999999, it looks like the program doesn't get that the active profile isn't the car profile any longer.

But do I understand you right: If you install it, reboot and then run the config app and put it into the car, everything is ok?

Guest cuk0724
So this problem is only when you install it, run the config app and put it into the car without rebooting between installing and running the config app?

If this is the case, I would say it is a very minor issue, although I still do not understand it. If the value keeps being set to 9999999, it looks like the program doesn't get that the active profile isn't the car profile any longer.

But do I understand you right: If you install it, reboot and then run the config app and put it into the car, everything is ok?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats about it. Minor issue as you say, that can be lived with ;)

As a matter of interest, how do you check to see what profile/charging is in use?

Guest cuk0724

Spoke too soon.

Just come home from work. Put the phone in the car, unlock screen came up but did not unlock. Tried running the config prog again, and it worked once then the second time unlock screen came up but did not unlock. The only way to get it to work again was to reboot. I think there may be something up with my phone, as this has been loaded on other C500 (that have the same programmes running as mine) with no problems. If Orange ever get round to issuing their ROM update I will hard reset, and see if that sorts it out.

Guest maniac103
Where can I download a copy?

Thanks!

Derek

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please have a look at the first post in this thread ;)

Guest docbong
Hi,

for those of you who miss an automatic keylock on the WM2003 devices, I have a solution ;)

The CAB file attached installs an automatic keylocker developed by me. There are several options:

- You can select the keylock timeout, configured seperately for applications and homescreen.

- You can select to enable automatic keylock only when on homescreen.

- You can exclude applications from the automatic keylock. There are 2 modes for that:

Simple mode: IE (but not the favorites window), WMP, BetaPlayer, Camera application for HTC devices are excludeable

Advanced mode: You can define your own list of applications by listing the executables

- You can select to disable automatic keylock when in headset or car profile or when charging.

- The phone can automatically be unlocked when switching to headset or car profile or when charging begins (but only if it was automatically locked before).

- The backlight can be turned always on when in car profile or when charging.

There are English, French and German versions of this tool.

Attached is a screenshot of the configuration app.

Have a lot of fun :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest rob5600

I'm not sure if it's just mine, but my BT headset doesn't change the profile to headset. All it does is display the little headset icon in the top when active.

I have the 5600 and a Motorola 810 BT headset (the one with the flip out boom). The 810 has a button that activates the VoiceDial, but that doesn't work when the phone is keylocked.

This would be the PERFECT program if it would unlock the phone when my BT headset connected to it.

Any way to toss that feature in? ;)

Thanks Rob5600

Guest fozzie
I'm not sure if it's just mine, but my BT headset doesn't change the profile to headset.  All it does is display the little headset icon in the top when active.

I have the 5600 and a Motorola 810 BT headset (the one with the flip out boom).  The 810 has a button that activates the VoiceDial, but that doesn't work when the phone is keylocked. 

This would be the PERFECT program if it would unlock the phone when my BT headset connected to it.

Any way to toss that feature in? ;)

Thanks Rob5600

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Already discussed earlier in the thread, >>here<<.

Guest ronswens

No problem with xBar any more

Is it possible to disable lock and anlock automatically not only when charging from outlet but also when charging from USB?

Guest maniac103
xBar v2.6 has been fixed to work with AutoKeylock, redownload and test

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you for the hint, I guess I will download it in a minute or so ;)

No problem with xBar any more

Is it possible to disable lock and anlock automatically not only when charging from outlet but also when charging from USB?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The options for charging are for both AC adapter and USB. The only difference is that I can't detect if the USB cable is plugged in when the battery is fully charged.

Guest ronswens
The options for charging are for both AC adapter and USB. The only difference is that I can't detect if the USB cable is plugged in when the battery is fully charged.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, actually in this case the charging is not an issue, the phone is connected to the computer, it's right on the table or in the cradle so it's hard to believe that an incident key press is possible, could AutoKeylock determine that the phone is activesynched for example and turn the keylock off?

maniac103, you've made a great app anyway, thank you very much for your work

Guest Maquina
I Just downloaded the 1.52 version and when I tick enable and then ok the below message appears and offcourse the keylock does not work:(

'ERROR CREATING KEYBOARD HOOK. PROGRAM IS CLOSED

Quick List Unlock (31)"

the same happens also with version 1.51 and 1.41 ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I get this error and I am using the latest version (2.0). Thats too bad, i really wanted to use this program. Any clue?

Guest Xenzo1990

When I install the program, it locks at irregular times, and my enter key does not work :exclaim: Was a real pain to fix, because I couldn't get onto it on the phone. It lagged active sync up so much aswell, so I couldn't uninstall it though Add/Remove Programs. I had to remove the battery 6 times, before I could quickly get into the Settings -> Add/Remove panel and uninstall it.

Maybe its a conflict with another utility on my phone. Dont be discurraged from downloading because from what I saw it was a neat little app.

Guest maniac103
I get this error and I am using the latest version (2.0).  Thats too bad, i really wanted to use this program.  Any clue?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I only can think of an incompatibility with another program. Which other programs do you have running?

When I install the program, it locks at irregular times, and my enter key does not work :exclaim: Was a real pain to fix, because I couldn't get onto it on the phone. It lagged active sync up so much aswell, so I couldn't uninstall it though Add/Remove Programs. I had to remove the battery 6 times, before I could quickly get into the Settings -> Add/Remove panel and uninstall it.

Maybe its a conflict with another utility on my phone. Dont be discurraged from downloading because from what I saw it was a neat little app.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you running the first version of xBar 2.6? If yes - there is an update for this available from Xetra. If no - which other programs do you have running?

Guest Maquina

I only can think of an incompatibility with another program. Which other programs do you have running?

None except what the phone starts unless one of the programs that i downloaded starts a process that i am unaware of. what program can i use to see what processes my phone is running?

Guest maniac103
None except what the phone starts unless one of the programs that i downloaded starts a process that i am unaware of.  what program can i use to see what processes my phone is running?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can install Binarys TaskManager. It has a process view.

Edited by maniac103