Automatic Keylock for WM2003 devices

Guest maniac103

First I want to say that this is a great app, 10x maniac103

I use the last 2.0 and I have the following problems:

1) When I start my phone the app seems to be in the background (I see it using SP Task manager) but the lock doesn't work. But if I start the app and then exit it, it works.

2) Sometimes the phone stays locked (the Unlock + # combination doesn't work anymore) and the only thing to do is to remove the baterry ;). This seems to happen when I have missed calls (not 100% sure when).

Other program running is: PhotoContacts v2.0 (in background) ...

Guest phani

Hi,

I am a new member in this forum. I have recently owned SMT 5600 with Cingular. I see lot of great applications, but most of them say install .CAB file. I could not able to find the instructions in installing the .CAB.

I would appreciate if someone could post a link for the .CAB file installation instructions.

thanks a lot!!

Guest cuk0724
Hi,

I am a new member in this forum. I have recently owned SMT 5600 with Cingular. I see lot of great applications, but most of them say install .CAB file. I could not able to find the instructions in installing the .CAB.

I would appreciate if someone could post a link for the .CAB file installation instructions.

thanks a lot!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have a look Here 10th post down.

Hope that helps ;)

Guest maniac103

I've posted a new version which now includes an optional screen saver which shows time, date and missed calls/messages since last activation of the keylock. Have a try ;)

First I want to say that this is a great app, 10x maniac103

I use the last 2.0 and I have the following problems:

1) When I start my phone the app seems to be in the background (I see it using SP Task manager) but the lock doesn't  work. But if I start the app and then exit it, it works.

Hmmm, strange...never seen this behaviour. How do you restart it? Via config tool or via task manager?

2) Sometimes the phone stays locked (the Unlock + # combination doesn't work anymore) and the only thing to do is to remove the baterry :D. This seems to happen when I have missed calls (not 100% sure when).
Even more strange. I do not suppress any key presses so I can't explain this. Does pressing the left soft key show up the "Press # to unlock the keypad" window or does nothing happen at all?

Other program running is: PhotoContacts v2.0 (in background) ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That should be no problem. I have this running here, too.

Guest ronswens
I've posted a new version which now includes an optional screen saver which shows time, date and missed calls/messages since last activation of the keylock. Have a try :D

Nice addition, maniac103, thank you! ;)

But there's a question, does the phone use more power when in screensaver mode?

Still no checking that the phone is USB connected? it's a pity...

Guest maniac103
Nice addition, maniac103, thank you! ;)

But there's a question, does the phone use more power when in screensaver mode?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The program itself won't use more noticeably more power as the clock is only updated once a minute...but I don't know how much more power the display uses. This is to be monitored :D

The program itself won't use more noticeably more power as the clock is only updated once a minute...but I don't know how much more power the display uses. This is to be monitored ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This doesn't appear to work on Windows Mobile 5 - I get the "Error creating keyboard hook. Program is closed. (5)" error. To my knowledge, I don't have any other programs running.

Guest efjay

maniac103 i know this is a long shot but any chance of a PPC vesion? This is one of the biggest omissions on my XDA IIs and all other programs (Mortsaver, Omegaone 1-Pass) have failed. Thanks

I've posted a new version which now includes an optional screen saver which shows time, date and missed calls/messages since last activation of the keylock. Have a try ;)

Hmmm, strange...never seen this behaviour. How do you restart it? Via config tool or via task manager?

Even more strange. I do not suppress any key presses so I can't explain this. Does pressing the left soft key show up the "Press # to unlock the keypad" window or does nothing happen at all?

That should be no problem. I have this running here, too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll try the new one today, 10x ...

Hmmm ... I saw that actually the keylock app is not started (as I thaught) when I start the phone ... After I launch it normally from Start -> Automatic Keylock is working. Should I create a shortcut to the app in the startup folder?

Yes the message appears, but it seems like the # key is ... not the # key anymore ;) ... pressing it does not unlock the phone, only returns to the locked screen (like pressing any other key)

PS . I'm using the french version of the app and I have the french rom 4.2.2.1

PS2 . I start it actually using Demarrer->Verrouillage auto... :D

Guest cuk0724

Hi maniac103

Just installed OK, but I can not change the window wait time in the unlock settings. I can add numbers to it, but not delete them.

Guest andrewr_scl

This is a brilliant app - if only I could get the one feature I am really desperate for to actually work. I am refering to the automatic unlock feature when putting the phone into the car kit.

With this latest version it doesn't even attempt the Unlock. I downloaded the previous version two days ago and had a little success. The first time I put it in the car kit it unlocked without a problem. After the first time it would just open the Unlock screen but not actually unlock the handset. A reboot of the phone would allow it to unlock once but failed every subsequent attempt.

Am I doing something wrong with my installation procedure: Install, reboot, configure settings, let lock set automatically, put into car kit, take out, let lock set automatically again, put into car kit.

Hope someone can help, I have 10 mobile engineers crying out for this to succeed.

Guest cuk0724
This is a brilliant app - if only I could get the one feature I am really desperate for to actually work. I am refering to the automatic unlock feature when putting the phone into the car kit.

With this latest version it doesn't even attempt the Unlock. I downloaded the previous version two days ago and had a little success. The first time I put it in the car kit it unlocked without a problem. After the first time it would just open the Unlock screen but not actually unlock the handset. A reboot of the phone would allow it to unlock once but failed every subsequent attempt.

Am I doing something wrong with my installation procedure: Install, reboot, configure settings, let lock set automatically, put into car kit, take out, let lock set automatically again, put into car kit.

Hope someone can help, I have 10 mobile engineers crying out for this to succeed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are not alone, I have the same problem also. Some times it works fine and sometimes I get the same as you. I have not yet tried the latest version yet.

One thing you could try is to increase the window wait time to about 250 and see if this helps.

Guest maniac103
This doesn't appear to work on Windows Mobile 5 - I get the "Error creating keyboard hook. Program is closed. (5)" error.  To my knowledge, I don't have any other programs running.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, I can't support WM5 as I don't have it on my phone :D

Don't know what MS has done here...perhaps they removed the (undocumented) opportunity to create a keyboard hook. Who knows? :??:

Hi manic,

On the french version, screen saver doesn't show missed calls and messages only date and hour...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will have a look into this.

EDIT: There was a problem that only E-Mail notification worked, not SMS and MMS notification. This is fixed in the next version (2.33).

I am not sure about the calls, though. :?:

Another EDIT: I can't reproduce the problem. There was another problem with the call display (missed calls were shown twice), which is fixed in 2.34. But they were displayed...

maniac103 i know this is a long shot but any chance of a PPC vesion? This is one of the biggest omissions on my XDA IIs and all other programs (Mortsaver, Omegaone 1-Pass) have failed. Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, another sorry. I don't know how to test this - as I do not have a PPC.

I'll try the new one today, 10x ...

Hmmm ... I saw that actually the keylock app is not started (as I thaught) when I start the phone ...  After I launch it normally from Start -> Automatic Keylock is working. Should I create a shortcut to the app in the startup folder?

This shortcut should be created automatically upon installation. Can you have a look if there is a link named AutoKeylock.lnk in your Startup folder?

Yes the message appears, but it seems like the # key is ... not the # key anymore ;) ... pressing it does not unlock the phone, only returns to the locked screen (like pressing any other key)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, I have no explanation for this. Does anybody else see this behaviour?

Hi maniac103

Just installed OK, but I can not change the window wait time in the unlock settings. I can add numbers to it, but not delete them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, you are right. I will have a look into this.

EDIT: Fixed in next version (2.33)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are not alone, I have the same problem also. Some times it works fine and sometimes I get the same as you. I have not yet tried the latest version yet.

One thing you could try is to increase the window wait time to about 250 and see if this helps.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess you have both the same problem which is fixed in 2.31. I forgot to disable the screen saver when doing an automatic unlock. As I already said, this is fixed now.

Edited by maniac103

Guest andrewr_scl
I guess you have both the same problem which is fixed in 2.31. I forgot to disable the screen saver when doing an automatic unlock. As I already said, this is fixed now.

I am sure that I was using 2.31 and the screensaver wasn't enabled. However, I have uninstalled whatever version I had and reinstalled the latest 2.31. I am just off to work now so will test and report back later today.

Guest maniac103
Attached File  Keylock_2.34__EN_.txt ( 14.18k )

hey, why it's with .txt extension? ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh, sorry. I post the tool also at the German forum mobilejoe.de, where no .cab upload is allowed, so I rename my cabs to .txt there. It seems like I uploaded the renamed versions here, too :D

I will replace them with the right versions.

Guest cuk0724
I am sure that I was using 2.31 and the screensaver wasn't enabled. However, I have uninstalled whatever version I had and reinstalled the latest 2.31. I am just off to work now so will test and report back later today.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am the same. I have had a new c500 with the latest rom form Orange. I have tried the 2.34 version and it does not unlock (no screen save activated). If I unlock the phone then it will not lock while it is in the car.

I was haveing problems with v2 where this would not unlock. When I received the new phone using v2 the programe would not see that the phone was in the car until I pressed the left action key, then after a few seconds the phone would unlock by its self ok :)

Guest maniac103
I am the same. I have had a new c500 with the latest rom form Orange. I have tried the 2.34 version and it does not unlock (no screen save activated). If I unlock the phone then it will not lock while it is in the car.

I was haveing problems with v2 where this would not unlock. When I received the new phone using v2 the programe would not see that the phone was in the car until I pressed the left action key, then after a few seconds the phone would unlock by its self ok :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you give me your settings from registry? I will then have a look into this.

Guest cuk0724
Can you give me your settings from registry? I will then have a look into this.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here goes

AdvanceExcludeList = blank

AdvanceExcludes = 0

CarFlags = 7

ChargingFlags = 1

Enabled = 1

EnableScreenSaver = 0

ExcludeFlags = 0

HeadsetFlags = 1

HSOnly = 0

LockingMode = 0

ScreenSaverMoving = 1

Timeout = 10

TimeoutApp = 600

UnlockWindowTitle = Unlock

WindowWaitingTime = 250

Hope that helps

Guest fozzie

I like the screen saver however, the messages total doesn't reflect how many messages I have. The total changes as well, after each soft-reset. Currently I have 3 (read) SMS and that's it, but the screen saver is saying 16?! Any ideas?

Guest cooperc

maniac103

Many thanks for developing this tool, and responding to change requests so promptly. It's become a permanent fixture on my C500

Cheers

Chris