Key and screen lock for PPC

Guest bretto

Guest bretto

Some feedback for you.

Using the O2 xda2 mini (aka jam) all was working as described. The device went into suspend mode for some time. When turned back on there was a message on screen saying something about outofmemory error then the app "died" leaving the buttons locked. Looked like the message was part of the app or runtime as it was not a messagebox but a scrollable window.

The message was removed before I could write it down for you sorry.

My device should have had 10Mb or so of memory to play with.

Guest pocketMax

Hi,

Planning on adding support for exactly this to phoneAlarm in the next 2 weeks (also with disabling touch screen!! :) ). Just working on how to handle incoming notifications that the user has maximum flexibility without accidentally activating anything when the device is in your pocket.

When anyone has any specific wishes feel free to send me an email to:

support AT pocketmax.net

cheers

Bruce

Guest bretto

Hi Bruce welcome :)

Will you still be able to see the screen when the device is locked?

I ask this with the greatest respect as Ive heard good things about phonealarm but is there anyway you can make it standalone from your phonealarm app? Some of us use other profile mangers ;)

Hi Bruce welcome :)

Will you still be able to see the screen when the device is locked?

I ask this with the greatest respect as Ive heard good things about phonealarm but is there anyway you can make it standalone from your phonealarm app? Some of us use other profile mangersĀ  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Id like to second that, I dont really use any profile app, just need a way to lock screen when sms and email are received. Thanks

Guest Xenzo1990

How about, you make it, so when you open the app, it locks the screen, turns volume down and then turns the phone into flight mode.

That would be perfect for me. But maybe not everyone else. I see an options menu or a config area.

Guest bretto

As I said in my original post I have checked out everything I can find and nothing out there will simply lock the device like the e200 does. Hold a key down and its locked.

Not hidden but locked.

If I cant see the screen to see the time, appointmens, sms, missed calls, etc,etc,etc, then its useless to me. Also its useless to me if it comes will a miriad of other bells and whistles.

Lock (not hide) the device keys and screen...fullstop.

Guest pocketMax
As I said in my original post I have checked out everything I can find and nothing out there will simply lock the device like the e200 does. Hold a key down and its locked.

Not hidden but locked.

If I cant see the screen to see the time, appointmens, sms, missed calls, etc,etc,etc, then its useless to me. Also its useless to me if it comes will a miriad of other bells and whistles.

Lock (not hide) the device keys and screen...fullstop.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

A seperate app. is probably the way I'll go!! Did a bit of pondering last night and no need to bind users to phoneAlarm for this :)

Then I can offer the simple tool for a few dollars (just screen / button disable, but screen still visible).

Will take me a wekk or so to get a first test version ready, then will let you know how to get hold of it to test.

Naturally testers would get it free!!

cheers

Bruce

Hi,

A seperate app. is probably the way I'll go!!Ā  Ā  Did a bit of pondering last night and no need to bind users to phoneAlarm for this :)

Then I can offer the simple tool for a few dollars (just screen / button disable, but screen still visible).

Will take me a wekk or so to get a first test version ready, then will let you know how to get hold of it to test.

cheers

Bruce

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds great! Count me in for testing Bruce. FYI i have an XDA IIs running the 1.40 rom, thanks

An OT question, with your work on PhoneAlarm concerning bluetooth, do you think you can write an app to enable voice dialling from a bluetooth headset with MS voice command or any voice dialling software? Its interesting that on xda-devs they have managed to put together a hack that kind of works for the HTC Magician and Superdave on the pdaphonehome forums has also created something that enables Voice Command to replace the builtin Voice Signal software. There is also the Eten M500 which uses Cyberon Voice Command. Thanks.

Edit: One thing, i think this app should still be intergrated into PhoneAlarm as well as being offered as a standalone app, im sure a lot of people will love to have this function and also makes PA more attractive. What do you think?

Edited by efjay

Guest bretto
Hi,

A seperate app. is probably the way I'll go!!Ā  Ā  Did a bit of pondering last night and no need to bind users to phoneAlarm for this :)

cheers

Bruce

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bruce you are a legend!!!

Sign me up as a beta tester for sure. I have a couple of devices that it can be tested on, xda 2 with wm2003 and jam with wm2003se. If you need it tested with buzz wm2005 I can do this also.

Thanks very much I look forward to playing with it ;)

Guest tonijj

I'll definetely sign up for betatesting for this app! Thats what I've been looking for for some time now.

I've betatested several apps before, such as CityTime etc.

Pm me,

Cheers

Guest chucky.egg

I've been trying PicturePassword which seems to fit the bill nicely

- Locks the device after N minutes

- Locks the device on power off

- Stays locked when SMS, EMail, Call received (can accept call without unlocking)

- Easy to unlock (tap on the picture)

- Optional password and/or hardware button unlock combinations

- Full version lets you choose an image of your choice

It's Ā£9 for a full copy, but I've asked Paul if he/we can approach them for a free Modaco-branded version, which we'd all be able to use at no cost.

I like it

[edit]

This doesn't do what Bretto is looking for - it hides your Today screen behind the photo, so you can't see your diary or anything else

[/edit]

Edited by chucky.egg

Guest pocketMax

Hi,

Will post a download link here for the beta version late next week!!

As recommended - will also offer a link to app. in phoneAlarm, but think it is important that it is also available as a small (very cheap) add-on, as it really doesn't do much :) except disable the screen.

Will create a new section in my forum for this as well, for user feedback and bug (what are those ;) ) reports.

cheers

Bruce

Count me in for testing Bruce :o

I guess this will make my app redundant - not that I'm that bothered, it was fun to do a little .Net development on my phone. Plus, if I ever need to write something I know I've got the means to do it now.

Guest BoooDave

This sounds promising!

I'd be glad to test this on my m500 and Acer PDA.

Thanks in advance Bruce!

Edit : oh and I'll probly be getting something like an m2000 soon too, so I'd be able to try it out on that too if I do. That relies on my boss pulling his finger out and getting me one tho :?:

Edited by BoooDave

Guest pocketMax

Hi,

Still expect to post "pmLock" tomorrow (unfortunately another program is already called "Screen Lock" :?: )

Have now setup a forum for beta testers on my website and will post the link for download there as soon as I think it's useful enough!

pmLock forum

cheers

Bruce

Guest Win2Kuser

Sounds good PocketMax - Can I be a beta tester? I have a M500 and I'm still getting to grips with it, so hopefully I can give input from a newbies point of view...

Hi,

Still expect to post "pmLock" tomorrow (unfortunately another program is already called "Screen Lock"Ā  :?: )

Have now setup a forum for beta testers on my website and will post the link for download there as soon as I think it's useful enough!

pmLock forum

cheers

Bruce

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pocketmax:

Screenlock really doenst work,well it locks the phone, but it stays locked, until you soft reset :(

A little question/request though: Will your app turn off the backlight or atleast include that option. That would be a crucial feature, i.e. if I listen to music, but I want the screen locked, I still want the backlight to be off so I'll save battery.

Looking forward to test it :o

Guest jim.mason
Hi,

Will post a download link here for the beta version late next week!!

As recommended - will also offer a link to app. in phoneAlarm, but think it is important that it is also available as a small (very cheap) add-on, as it really doesn't do muchĀ  :oĀ  except disable the screen.

Will create a new section in my forum for this as well, for user feedback and bug (what are those :( ) reports.

cheers

Bruce

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bruce,

You can count me in as a Beta Tester too, I have a Qtek S110.

Jim

Just a quick update for those who may be keeping an eye on this thread.

Pocketmax has been doing a great job with this!

The alpha and beta are very stable, quality apps so one can imagine the release will be of the highest quality.

Currently the beta allows you to lock your devices touchscreen and hardware keys except for the green, red and power keys which is great for all the right reasons.

All with the screen fully in view so you dont miss any notifications or important info.

There are a few configurable options for the lock.

- Lock on startup.

- Turn off screen.

- Keep device alive.

The ability to select which keys are used in combination to unlock the device is also available.

The application is user friendly and intuative with minimal setup required to get you up and running. Assign the app to a hardware key, this is optional as you can select it from a menu or shortcut off the todayscreen, setup your unlock keys and options, stash device in pocket and notice brow wrinkle decreasing.

More options are coming soon but for me its perfect as it is.

Great job pocketmax. :o