SPV C550 detailed on the CPW Website

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest morpheus2702

All this discussion on the Treo and Palm amazes me! Palm is as good as dead as an operating system - I had heard rumours Palm were in discussion to use Windows Mobile?

Guest Paul [MVP]

I HAD a Treo 600, it sucked... and the Exchange integration was awful... needing a 3rd Party app like Onebridge is not a good solution.

Of course, I reserve judgement on the 650 with ActiveSync built in until i've got one... ;)

P

Guest Phonz

The c550 appears to be an interesting phone. I live in china and have not seen this one from HTC. The dopod 858 is out under various guises but is really just another enhanced 565/575.

Its a pity the spv c550 is a litle thick. I wonder how rounded it is. Its design is very much dated with the c500 - the same plastic and buttons. A shame really when HTC are currently experimenting with the sonyericssonesque/ipodish dopod 585. Its a shame the 585 doesn't have smaller meda buttons, the top and side mm trimmed and a 262 QVGA screen...

HTC are trying out all sorts of phones - its quite dynamic. It will be interesting to see what will happen Q4 - I hope HTC trial some smartphones with digital TV in the near future.

Why can't sony put out a VGA mini pdaphone (and umd disk drive thank you) with all their technology?? They run tiny snazzy microsoft computers for crying out loud!

Web browsing sounds potentially groovy on QVGA smartphone!!

1st post. Hi ;)

Guest Taoski

Will it have a *proper* USB2 interface so we don't have to rely on ActiveStink and a Serial interface?

Only then will it compete as a media player device.

Guest Phonz

By the looks of the images buttons (the remington shaver look) one would assume it would use the same style usb activesync and the camera, associated buttons would be similar if not almost identicle to c500 and imate minipda...

It looks like a trial for the smartphone QVGA screen and other updates...

Its the great convergence - the coming unification of smartphone and pocket pc phone!!! when worlds collide. 4G

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.