O2 settings – still having problems

Guest Liz

Hi

I hope someone can help with this – I have searched the site and googled and found O2 settings – but I just can’t get them to work.

When I go to data connections/internet connection and scroll to WAP Proxy the setting reads “Vodafone” and I don’t seems to be able to change this. If I go to menu/edit connection/proxy connection and add a new connection using the o2 settings – press done – the proxy still shows as Vodafone. I go back and select the new o2 connection (just made) and nothing changes – it still has Vadafone as the proxy. There doesn’t seem a way to alter this or get the o2 connection to show in “options”.

The proxy options on the phone are : Orange, Vodafone, T-Mobile, and Virgin – I can change the proxy to one of these – but not make a new o2 proxy.

Can anyone help? Is there something else I should be doing?

Thanks

Liz

Guest monkeygadge

Hey Liz,

I set up an Mpx220 on Orange and I didn't have the same problems as you do. What firmware do you have? have you upgraded to the Cingular v1.3?

One way you could do it is to delete all the other proxy connections so that your O2 is the only one? Best write down the settings first though - just in case you need to put them back in !!!! ;)

Hey Liz,

I set up an Mpx220 on Orange and I didn't have the same problems as you do. What firmware do you have? have you upgraded to the Cingular v1.3?

One way you could do it is to delete all the other proxy connections so that your O2 is the only one? Best write down the settings first though - just in case you need to put them back in !!!!  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, but got it working now thanks to help from Martin (over in The Repository part of the forum) All seems OK - but I'm sure I'll be back.....with more questions...

Liz - still confused :?: but happy

Guest TheGaffer
Thanks, but got it working now thanks to help from Martin (over in The Repository part of the forum) All seems OK - but I'm sure I'll be back.....with more questions...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Liz, can you confirm whether you are able to access all webpages using IE on your MPx220 or are you restricted to the links in O2 Active etc. (i.e. WAP)?

I'm also considering purchasing this phone SIM free but I have staff tariff on O2 (half price line rental) so I don't really want to move to another operator. The phone will be useless to me if I can't surf the web, though.

Thanks.

Liz, can you confirm whether you are able to access all webpages using IE on your MPx220 or are you restricted to the links in O2 Active etc. (i.e. WAP)?

Hi

Yes - I can surf all the web, use MSM Mobile, access my Yahoo mail, use WindowsMedia.Com (which does show images - strange) and search with Google – but cannot enable images in the wider web (yet) so it is a bland experience if your surfing for fun rather than to find specific info. Martin has suggested I try another port number – which I will do – but I am having computer problems at the moment, and that’s taking quite a bit of time to sort out so “play time” is limited and I’ve done little with the phone other than try to get a video clip (taken on the phone) onto the compy (not wise in its present state!!)

Will let you know how I get on with the alternative port number ASAP….

Liz

Guest agent.m

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

did you use the arcsoft.cab to sort your settings out???

did you use the arcsoft.cab to sort your settings out???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No - not sure what arcsoft.cab is? - Did it with help from Martin over in repository part of the forum

Liz

Guest TheGaffer
Will let you know how I get on with the alternative port number ASAP….

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi

Tried the change of port - didn’t work - but that may be me and I will try again tomorrow.

Odd thing is I just signed up to Yahoo wap http://uk.mobile.yahoo.com/whatworks and have full glorious colour/image browsing – go off Yahoo and its back to text - odd. Or I’ve not got the hang of this yet………

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>