Orange France release C500 Update (with WMP 10)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Gavin

The app unlock site is working for me, just been to it in preparation for the "upgrade" and it let me download an "action register" cab file.

I had mine SIM unlocked with florin, so presumably I'm good to go.

Guest spark-x

Any idea why they would release it in France first? Maybe..

1- they have more developers there

2- test it on them, maybe smaller number of handsets / less complaints

3-? or maybe not.?

ps - is there a way to stop that beep when you place a call?

Edited by spark-x

Guest tha_neo

I´m using this rom now and it works great!!

Just changed the language to English and importet swedish T9 from this link

http://www.modaco.com/Solution_to_adding_t...00-t199368.html

It works great now!! There´s just one smal problem with this rom. It´s much slower than my old Qtek ROM that i used. Maybe cause it have more new stuff in it. dont know.

by the way, i have a spv c500 with florins IMEI haxxs:P

Guest richjames11

If the update fails or I do not like the update for whatever reason, can I reflash the phone with the old Orange UK firmware version 4.1.1.4 or does it not allow backwards flashing. If it is not possible, I will not do this procedure but if it is possible to backwards flash then I think it would be a good idea.

Guest tha_neo
you can only flash back if your phone has been sim unlocked via imei-check.co.uk

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont know if i´m right now, correct me if i´m wrong but what if you take out the cable at 60% if you upgrade your phone with the same rom that you have.

And then turn of the phone and upgrade the phone again with the old ROM. The computer wont find out which ROM you have.

It has happened to me sometimes when I did a rom upgrade and when it stopped at 60% and i tried to upgrade again the computer didnt find a rom on my phone...

Guest geraintwd

For £20 IMEI-check is having a laugh. I'd rather wait until Orange UK release the update :evil:

Tried it anyway and the installer said I have an incompatible model. ;)

Guest darnovitz
you can only flash back if your phone has been sim unlocked via imei-check.co.uk

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ian, are there issues with doing this, with French Orange Updates/Backup, for a U.K. C500 for the U.S.? I might try this tonight?

Thank you for everything!!!!!!!!

David Arnovitz

Guest wkkschb

i did the update for c500 uk and it works and everything,

i just read the data manual connection settings but i don't understand the procedures,

can someone help me through, give me a step by step instructions,

and i backed up all my stuff to the orange uk backup and now i don't have that anymore, how can i get this back, it is very important i get this back,

help please,

w-k

*edit i got the gprs settings but how do i get the orange uk back up?

Edited by wkkschb

Guest wkkschb

since no one helped me i did it myself ;)

the french orange is just as same as the uk orange only in french,

i don't speak a bit of french but i typed in my username and password and thats it press ok, and now it is restoring my back ups!

ha

w-k

Guest darnovitz
1 ) Download TyphoonNBFTool from http://www.spv-developers.com/content/TyphoonNbfTool.zip

2 ) Download the update from the URL above

3 ) Download WINRAR from http://www.RARSoft.com

4 ) Extract the update EXE from the Update Archive you just downloaded

5 ) Right Click the EXE (after installing WINRAR), and extract it to a directory - you should see a number of files, including NK.NBF.

6 ) Run TyphoonNBFTool, and open the NK.NBF File (using File-Open)

7 ) Click 'Tools-Edit Header Data' and remove the value in 'Operator' field

8 ) Click File-Save As and overwrite the existing nk.nbf file

9 ) Run the update EXE, hey presto, sorted

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please supply me with specific instructions, as there are many different WINRAR files to download. I truly appreciate your instructions, but they don't appear to be specific.

Guest darnovitz
Ian, I hope that you weren't responding to me. However, I know how desperate people can be...if they can't use their phone. Personally, I'll probably hold off on the upgrade for my U.K. C500, which I'm using in the U.S., as it sounds as though Orange Update and Orange B/Up are in French...? Also, with the SIM unlocking nightmares, that I've heard about...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ian, I'm having a difficult time, as this is only easy once you've accomplished the task. I'm sorry and apologize to you.

I can't seem to make sense of this to get going on the ROM upgrade.

I've downloaded: the ROM update, Typhoon NBFTool, and I am having a hard time understanding SIM Free's information.

1. there are many different WinRAR files to download.

2. I have my firewall turned off and I can't seen to extract the correct file to locate the NK.NBF file.

Guest darnovitz
' date='Apr 19 2005, 14:55']

Depends...

This is a French update, and is not meant for non-French devices.

I have just flashed it onto a UK C500 (LOCKED) by using 'TyphoonNBFTool, but obviously this is not for the faint hearted.

If you DO have a French device, then of course, do it ;)

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

/quote]

I did it successfully, but I have to admit it took me awhile. You have to figure out the French installation terminalogy and originally disable your firewall to be able to extract the executable file to obtain the NBF file. After, installing the ROM update and booting up, you need to change the phone to English [left soft key, 4, 9, and 6.

Guest darnovitz
There are many different WINRAR files to choose from to download. I truly appreciate your instructions, but they don't appear to be too specific.

I did it successfully, but I have to admit it took me awhile. You have to figure out the French installation terminalogy and originally disable your firewall to be able to extract the executable file to obtain the NBF file. After, installing the ROM update and booting up, you need to change the phone to English [left soft key, 4, 9, and 6.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest darnovitz
,Apr 19 2005, 14:34]It appears, according to French site Smart Expert, that Orange have released an update to the C500 (for French users only!)

Featuring a number of improvements (including Windows Media Player 10!), the download - tagged as version 4.2.2.1 - can be found here.

Upon downloading, the archive contains a changelog PDF and the RUU update itself.

As always, we recommend NOT installing this update on your device unless you own a French C500 handset!

I am still hearing there will NOT be a UK update for the C500, but hey, they don't tell me EVERYTHING! ;)

[Edit: Direct Download: http://www.orange-entreprises.com/public/o.../dl.php?id=1445]

[Edit 2: This update will NOT install on a standard Orange UK C500 without modification]

[Edit 3: After installing this rom on an orange uk c500 you cant unlock via imei-check.co.uk - squall]

P

post-1-1113924591_thumb.gif post-1-1113924620_thumb.gif post-1-1113924626_thumb.gif

post-1-1113924633_thumb.gif post-1-1113924640_thumb.gif

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did it successfully, but I have to admit it took me awhile. You have to figure out the French installation terminology and originally disable your firewall to be able to extract the executable file to obtain the NBF file. After, installing the ROM update and booting up, you need to change the phone to English [left soft key, 4, 9, and 6.

Edited by darnovitz

Guest darnovitz
Thanks SimFree.....it worked like a charm.

do exactly that, then when phone has finished reboot (takes about 5-10 entire process) press left soft key, then 4, 9, 6 to get english language.

Make backup as it resets entire phone mem, the camera does seem better. but i never used it much.

The good news is there doesn't seem to be the "tssk" sound when playing media.........yet! i've only listened to one song so far, and no "tssk" sound.

Media player is loads better, god only knows why they didn't make 9 like this in the first place!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

SimFree really helped, but there are many WinRAR files to choose from...then you have to deal with the French terminology, to install the ROM update. It works just great. Thanks for all the help!!!

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
I did it successfully, but I have to admit it took me awhile. You have to figure out the French installation terminology and originally disable your firewall to be able to extract the executable file to obtain the NBF file. After, installing the ROM update and booting up, you need to change the phone to English [left soft key, 4, 9, and 6.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

An upgrade guide, with help from peekie:

http://img251.echo.cx/img251/7906/4114to42215bm.jpg

;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.