Orange France release C500 Update (with WMP 10)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest alexjacobs

This update will not work in the mpx200 as it is hardware specific. As for an update for the mpx200 I would hazard a guess at probably not as this is now quite an old model... But you never know.

8)

Guest Gavin
For £20 IMEI-check is having a laugh. I'd rather wait until Orange UK release the update :evil:

Tried it anyway and the installer said I have an incompatible model. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's your opinion.

Good luck with that.

Guest confused and hungover
Hi,

I just got off the phone with the helpdesk Orange NL and the dutch update is planned for next month ;)

Hopefully it'll actually be there then.

grtz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cool, dutch version.... think i'll wait for that rather than bugger about with the french version

Guest peekie
you can only flash back if your phone has been sim unlocked via imei-check.co.uk

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have flashed my c500 back to the uk rom and now back again to the french rom and i do not have the unlock from imei check only an original unlock code from orange , Will the new dutch rom have wmp10? remember holland we are still behind the others in rom updates its probably the old rom you will get :?:

Guest cold_fire

Did the update on my SPV C500 Orange and found good things and bad thins :

1.You can now set .mp3 as ringtones (my .mp3 was on Storage Card in root ,but it also works from Apllication Data /Sounds . ;)

2.Windows Media Player 10 is better tan previous. :D

3. Faster software overall . :D

4.Application unlock via personalized email appliation. :D

5.AUDIO BUG PRESENT (FOR BAZZO) :oops:

6.I CANNOT USE MY DATA SEVICES ,THEY WORK RATHER BAD ,THOUGH I MADE THE NECESARLY SETTINGS . (MMS DOES NOT WORK):oops:

Edited by cold_fire

Guest tha_neo
Did the update on my SPV C500 Orange and found good things and bad thins :

1.You can now set .mp3 as ringtones (my .mp3 was on Storage Card in root ,but it also works from Apllication Data /Sounds . ;)

2.Windows Media Player 10 is better tan previous.  :D

3. Faster software overall . :D

4.Application unlock via personalized email appliation. :D

5.AUDIO BUG PRESENT (FOR BAZZO) :oops:

6.I CANNOT USE MY DATA SEVICES ,THEY WORK RATHER BAD ,THOUGH I MADE THE NECESARLY SETTINGS . (MMS DOES NOT WORK):oops:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got my mms to work, are you sure you removed the settings in

messages\media messages\menu -> options->account setup-> media messages

and there add a new

Guest confused and hungover
This update will not work in the mpx200 as it is hardware specific.  As for an update for the mpx200 I would hazard a guess at probably not as this is now quite an old model...  But you never know.

8)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'm sure i read back at the begining of the post that it it does work on that phone.... have a read back, there was something about incompatibility with the joystick but it turned out to be ok.

Guest rico2k_uk
I have flashed my c500 back to the uk rom and now back again to the french rom and i do not have the unlock from imei check only an original unlock code from orange , Will the new dutch rom have wmp10? remember holland we are still behind the others in rom updates its probably the old rom you will get :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

how did you flash it back to the uk, then to french???

Guest Pennan

Here's a short list of reasons to upgrade to Windows Media Player 10 Mobile:

* Better support for playlists

* Support for a library (the simple list in WMP9 is useless for albums)

* Support for better syncing in Windows Media Player 10 (on Windows XP)

* Support for Windows XP Media Center

* Support for album art images

* Support for skins

* Support for PhotoStory 3 (WMP9 only does PhotoStory 2)

* Support for MP3 ring tones in the OS (yes, finally!)

* Support for other codecs provided by the manufacturer (could be MPEG-4 etc)

Guest Pondrew
actually i just found it, the reference was to the imate jam. sorry.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No it wasn't. This won't install on an Imate Jam (it's a Pocket PC so not only different hardware but different OS), they were talking about the I-Mate SP3 (which it will work on with effort) and the SP3i (which it would probably install on only to kill the joystick as it doesn't have the right driver).

I haven't done this but am I not right in thinking that the folks who have IMEI-check unlocked their C500s can just install without using the typhoon tool and editing headers?

Guest brykins
I haven't done this but am I not right in thinking that the folks who have IMEI-check unlocked their C500s can just install without using the typhoon tool and editing headers?

Yes - I did it this morning. My phone was sim-unlocked using the IMEI-check and also application unlocked using the application emailed to me from Orange. The update went without a hitch - had to change the language to UK English and the regional settings as well, but it's been fine.

Phone is still sim-unlocked and, to my surprise, application unlocked as well.

Guest Doombrain

what a pain in the ass that all was. i had to ring orange and tell that my brother had been playing with the phone so i could get the settings for MMS back.

want my advise? wait for the english ROM

Guest kalamaca

Being bit of a newbie... whats the advantage of getting your c500 unlocked other than installing software?

I had my phone nicked the other day, (I've got a replacement now) and I phoned up to block the phone and sim etc. If its unlocked would it still block?

Guest squall
hey ne1 got ne news about if orange will release a UK ROM update? and if they will how long will it be?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Afraid not, as paul has mentioned theres a good chance we wont see this rom released in the uk

Guest steve_smith
Afraid not, as paul has mentioned theres a good chance we wont see this rom released in the uk

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is the impression I get too.

And to think we are being bombarded by TV adverts at the moment with Orange UK going on about how their policy is to look after existing customers and put them first.

I would vote with my wallet and change service providers, but the other operators in the UK are also sloath like in launching and supporting MS Smartphones (unless I've missed someone). T-Mobile for example... How many months passed between their version of the C500 (SDA something or other?) appearing in Germany and the UK?

Steve.

Guest schmeegle
This is the impression I get too.

And to think we are being bombarded by TV adverts at the moment with Orange UK going on about how their policy is to look after existing customers and put them first.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Might be worth reminding them of that policy when the C550 comes out over here, might be able to talk them into a tasty upgrade deal.

WMP9 is fine for me so I'm gonna save myslef the headache of changing the rom, altho I'm going to gonna have a look at this celltrack thing instead, looks pretty nifty!

Guest Confucious
its not working on SPV500 Danish version ?

it says incomtiple operator something like that in french

If you read this thread it tells you how to fix that problem as you need to edit the header info or get the phone unlocked.

Guest HW2002

wow fast replying ;)

i read THE WHOLE thread 14 pages took me a while.

the problem is that they write get the "TyphoonNbfTool" but they dont write where to find the NK.bnf file where u can edit the header info :D

Guest craig_b

Hi Guys,

This is getting confusing now..........from what I can work out from all these posts. I need to get my phone unlocked first using this IMEI-check.com right?

Then I need to get it application unlocked using the orange website right?

Then I can install the french rom using the instructions in previous post right?

I use TOMTOM go on my phone at the moment quite a lot, works a treat, how does bluetooth work on the new rom update?

Does it work ok or are there any implications?

Craig

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.