Orange France release C500 Update (with WMP 10)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest blinko1985
the problem is that they write get the "TyphoonNbfTool" but they dont write where to find the NK.bnf file where u can edit the header info

Hello, my first post on this site!! just updated my C500 and it works a treat took me about 20 mins to put everything back, GPRS Settings and appliction unlock etc

to find the nk.bnf file what you need to do is download winrar, and when you extract the zip file it should show 2 files, a pdf file and the .exe file, what i did was select the .exe and click on extract, then it should show about 4 files and one of those is the nk.bnf file.

Hope that helps

Paul

Guest craig_b
Hello, my first post on this site!! just updated my C500 and it works a treat took me about 20 mins to put everything back, GPRS Settings and appliction unlock etc

to find the nk.bnf file what you need to do is download winrar, and when you extract the zip file it should show 2 files, a pdf file and the .exe file, what i did was select the .exe and click on extract, then it should show about 4 files and one of those is the nk.bnf file.

Hope that helps

Paul

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

does your bluetooth work?

Guest jhils1

I put the French rom update on my orange software unlocked but sim locked c500s this mornin(with nbf tool)-It works fine-But I ve altered the MMS settings(using the modaco link provided) and it still wont send mms or connect to the internet.Also-since the update "IMAP4" doesnt appear as an option under "messaging".I ve no idea what "IMAP4" is but the c500 had it before the update and it doesent now (my old e200 didnt have it but Orange lists it as a feature for the c500)

Guest mossywell
Hi Guys,

This is getting confusing now..........

From reading these posts and my own experiments, this is what we know:

1. If you have SIM unlocked your phone (either with Florin's app or a pukka Orange unlock code) before applying the french firmware, then you will be able to go back to the UK firmware no problems.

2. If you went ahead anyway with a locked phone and applied the French update then you will not yet be able to go back to the UK firmware. (See 4. below) Also, it has been asserted that you will not ever be apply any more firmware updates after doing this - hence it has been called a dead-end update.

3. Florin's unlocking app doesn't work with the new French ROM.

This is what "we" (i.e. me) don't know for sure:

4. If you went ahead anyway with a locked phone and applied the French ROM then you might be eventually be able to go back to the UK ROM if:

a. Floring can get his (it is a "he" right?) app working with the French firmware. OR

b. You get a pukka Orange unlock code and unlock the phone. OR

c. Someone else find a hack for doing this.

I think...

Guest HW2002

i edit the header info which is i change the "Frech" to "Denish".

this didnt solve the problem, it gaved me the same error " incomtiple operator " ?

do i need to change something else in the header ?

maybe like the version number or ?

Edited by HW2002

Guest gregbarton

so if i update my uk c500 with this which is app unlocked but not sim unlocked after the update will it still except my uk orange sim card???

Guest captainsensible

Tried it, TomTom won't connect to gps device - com port stuff is all different!

Now reverting to UK rom....

If a UK release is planned, I can see a lot of people who have purchased TomTom being very frustrated....

Guest jake_h
Hi Guys,

This is getting confusing now..........from what I can work out from all these posts.  I need to get my phone unlocked first using this  IMEI-check.com right?

Then I need to get it application unlocked using the orange website right?

Then I can install the french rom using the instructions in previous post right?

I use TOMTOM go on my phone at the moment quite a lot, works a treat, how does bluetooth work on the new rom update?

Does it work ok or are there any implications?

Craig

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well... my tomtom stopped working with the new update... dont know if it can be fixed ;)

Guest jakobdam
i edit the header info which is i change the "Frech" to "Denish".

this didnt solve the problem, it gaved me the same error " incomtiple operator " ?

do i need to change something else in the header ?

maybe like the version number or ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey - I've made a guide/tutorial in danish which explains the whole lot.

I got my phone unlocked via Telia, not by Imei-Check...

Guide - in danish:

http://www.jakobdam.dk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604

Guest pradeepbhargav

Hi All,

I have a KROME iQ700(model similar to iMate SP3) and want to update to this ROM. Is it possible?

If yes, Can somebody please clarify following doubts.

1.Should I change the Language property in NBF to English, to install in English?

2.How to backup the existing ROM and the data(contacts, callerid photos,call history etc etc,)? Note: I'm using ActiveSync3.8 and the Backup/Restore item under Tools menu is disabled.

3. Does anybody has standard set of instructions that should be followed while updating ROM?

4. What will happen to the data in the miniSD Card? Should I remove my memory card and then update the ROM?

5. Does a ROM update void my warranty?

Pradeep

Guest mossywell
... it still except my uk orange sim card???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your UK Orange SIM will certainly work. No idea if it will accept an Orange france SIM card - but I guess that's not what you're asking?

Basically, the update doesn't affect the SIM-locked status of your phone. If it was SIM locked before it will be simlocked afterwards and vice versa. As for application unlocking, mine was app locked after the update and the OTA didn't work. I've applied for one of those apps from Orange to app unlock my phone.

Guest Viama

I've done the rom update and Tom Tom has stopped working ;)

Just to double check - my phone was IMEI- Unlocked, but I rushed ahead and used the nbf tool to install the French Update. Have I sent my phone down a dead end?

I've tried downgrading to the last UK rom, but after the install and reboot, I'm back to the French rom - is this what happens?

bugger.

Guest efjay
Here's a short list of reasons to upgrade to Windows Media Player 10 Mobile:

* Better support for playlists

* Support for a library (the simple list in WMP9 is useless for albums)

* Support for better syncing in Windows Media Player 10 (on Windows XP)

* Support for Windows XP Media Center

* Support for album art images

* Support for skins

* Support for PhotoStory 3 (WMP9 only does PhotoStory 2)

* Support for MP3 ring tones in the OS (yes, finally!)

* Support for other codecs provided by the manufacturer (could be MPEG-4 etc)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But the most important part, sound quality has no improvements? As it still doesnt have an equalizer mp3s will still sound as flat as they did before. Dont see the point really

Edited by efjay

Guest kfaessen

Bugs detected:

- Bluetooth keeps running the wizard. Solution: turn your phone off and on again and it should connect.

- The Sending sms messages counter doesn't always show the correct number of sms messages to be send (example: the phone told me that a sms of 155 characters will be split in 3 messages)

Both are really annoying so I'll expect a new update soon for this rom (hopefully)

Are there more bugs???

Guest Viama
sounds like you ran the wrong file?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think so, as I did the French ROM upgrade at a different PC. I'm going to try again now I have a bit more time.

Guest thedragonslair

Upgraded no problem. However a major problem is that Tomtom will not recognise my GPS unit anymore although Pauls camerawre works perfectly.

Has anyone been able to get Tomtom working? if so how did you manage it? I am sure a lot of people will be asking the same question and maybe regreting doing the upgrade if like me you cant get the UK version back on again.

Thanks

Mark

Guest Viama

No joy here. The UK rom looks like it is going to install, but then Frenchy is back like a bad penny. I second requests for help with getting Tom Tom working again.

merde.

Edited by Viama

Guest Paul [MVP]

People with the TomTom problem, are you using the TomTom GPS or a third party one?

Has anyone succeeded in getting TomTom running?

Has anyone successfully reversed the update?

P

Guest thedragonslair
People with the TomTom problem, are you using the TomTom GPS or a third party one?

Has anyone succeeded in getting TomTom running?

Has anyone successfully reversed the update?

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My GPS unit is a fortuna which worked great before. I previously used your Serial assistant which helped but this does not run either now

Mark

Guest thedragonslair
It doesn't run?

Have you installed OpenNetCF?

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes,

Have tried installing on the phone and the memory card but no joy, Have you run it successfully?

Mark

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.