Orange France release C500 Update (with WMP 10)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest abdo_imseeh

Hey guys,

I have successfully installed the new ROM and I'm soo impressed with WMP10 and what an improvement (to me anyway) it is over WMP9.

I have also successfully configured my GPRS and MMS and everything is working fine (connecting to GPRS sending/receiveing MMS etc).

... BUT! (obviously there's one :D) with the English ROM whenever I sent an MMS or received MMS, the GPRS connection would be closed after the sending/receiving. This does NOT happen in the case of this ROM! :S Not sure why... (it goes off after 5min, as I've set it at 5min from within the connections idle time). The same goes for Internet Explorer. If I had connected and then pressed the HANGUP button (red one) on the homescreen it would automatically close the GPRS connection. Now I have to use the long press Home button then disconnect GPRS to do this :D

Any suggestions? Is it only me or is it with everybody?

Thank you in advance ;)

Guest gadjet
Bottom line here guys: if you DONT understand what is being talked about here, DONT even attempt it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know what you mean but if I took that attitude I wouldn't know how to use a PC....... ;)

Guest darnovitz
for the record i suggest everyone with uk c500's wait for the orange uk update - see the news section for more info

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ian, I'm completely satisfied with the results, except the GPRS...I can't seem to get going, again. Any suggestions??

Also, I noticed that the GPRS icon stays on the screen, after you've used it and doesn't want to revert back, unless you reboot.

Guest squall

will look into it tommorrow, pulling my hair out over work now :S

just a quick point for someone to check if they can

when on slient does the phone auto answer? its happened to me twice now!

Guest Alois

Hi there!

I have upgraded my i-mate SP3 with the C500 ROM. It works well, but I've got two problems:

1. I cannot perform the application unlock. I tried the unlock procedure and even installed the Action Register Application, but they still "unable to find the IMEI number that you have entered on our database."

2. I cannot return to the original i-mate ROM. The ROMUpdateUtility said me to "get newer NBF file". I changed the ROM version 1.5.33.11 in the i-mate's NBF file to 4.2.2.1 (as well as the secondary version number) and the upgrade has been completed successfully, but... when device rebooted it showed me the same C500 ROM (!) in its lovely French... Is there any way to erase ROM from a Typhoon at all?

Any idea? Thanks.

Guest darnovitz
Hi there!

I have upgraded my i-mate SP3 with the C500 ROM. It works well, but I've got two problems:

1. I cannot perform the application unlock. I tried the unlock procedure and even installed the Action Register Application, but they still "unable to find the IMEI number that you have entered on our database."

2. I cannot return to the original i-mate ROM. The ROMUpdateUtility said me to "get newer NBF file". I changed the ROM version 1.5.33.11 in the i-mate's NBF file to 4.2.2.1 (as well as the secondary version number) and the upgrade has been completed successfully, but... when device rebooted it showed me the same C500 ROM (!) in its lovely French... Is there any way to erase ROM from a Typhoon at all?

Any idea? Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd recommend getting with Paul O'Brien or Ian.. They know their stuff, buddy!

Guest darnovitz
Darnovitz, look at my post about to fix GPRS staying on!

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, Paul...did it! My only issue remaining is I can't use my GPRS to get on the internet. I've configured the phone in the same exact way! If you can think of anything.... I truly appreciate all of your help (and Ian, too!)!

Guest Viama

I'm getting 'An Unexpected Error has occurred in Bluetooth_Serial_Assistant.exe Select Quit and then restart this program'

When I select details it says ' NullReferenceException frmMain::frmMain_Load+0x'

Guest daedos59

Just like to add my 2p to this.

I did the upgrade last night and am unimpressed. I can't see the benefit in WMP10 and mine now has an annoying habit of crashing when changing home-screens. Also, the phone is now app-locked and the Orange OTA doesn't work (even though I used it before).

The only positive outcome is that it forced me to redo my T-Mobile data connections and GPRS and MMS now work.

Unless you REALLY need WMP10 then don't bother with the update.

BTW Pocket Music is far superior

Guest fozzie
Unless you REALLY need WMP10 then don't bother with the update.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that was probably clear from page 1 of this 16 page monster thread. But you know what people are like; new firmware...must have...don't care if it's a French release...must have...don't care what it might do to the phone...must put it on...oh sh*t, my phone's buggered! ;) Edited by fozzie

Guest rico2k_uk
I think that was probably clear from page 1 of this 16 page monster thread.  But you know what people are like; new firmware...must have...don't care if it's a French release...must have...don't care what it might do to the phone...must put it on...oh sh*t, my phone's buggered! ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sounds about right :D

Guest mossywell
I've tried downgrading to the last UK rom, but after the install and reboot, I'm back to the French rom - is this what happens?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes if your phone was sim locked before you did the upgrade.

Edited by mossywell

Guest mossywell

Any idea? Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, this seems to be happening to a lot of people (all?) that do the French update. My guess is that the [email protected] mailbox will suddenly be flooded by requests for that little app unlock thingy!

Guest mossywell
Yes, this seems to be happening to a lot of people (all?) that do the French update. My guess is that the [email protected] mailbox will suddenly be flooded by requests for that little app unlock thingy!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good news! I take it back - OTA has suddenly started working again for me even though I've tried dozens of times so far. If you've been getting the old "IMEI not recognised in our database" error, just try again. ;)

Guest Viama
Yes if your phone was sim locked before you did the upgrade.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope, it was sim-unlocked before the upgrade (using IMEI-Check)

Guest mossywell
Nope, it was sim-unlocked before the upgrade (using IMEI-Check)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:oops:

My mistake - apologies. I see you said that in you OP. I'm off to learn to read...

Guest Alois
Good news! I take it back - OTA has suddenly started working again for me even though I've tried dozens of times so far. If you've been getting the old "IMEI not recognised in our database" error, just try again. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've got message "Your SPV will be unlocked shortly and a message will appear on the screen of your SPV to confirm this", but nothing happens. Any suggestions?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.