Orange France release C500 Update (with WMP 10)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest squall

unfortunatly you cant share that file with modaco members as its copyright O and would break forum rules. Besides as you say wouldnt work for anyone else :S

Guest rico2k_uk

just been setting up the prefered networks on the phone, and there is a massive list of french / uk / ireland companies..

which one is the UK Orange?

there are :

orange (23433)

orange sk (23101)

orange ro (22610)

orange ch (22803)

orange (20420)

orange f (20801)

which do i choose?

Guest bluesmudge

Hey the french rom works fine but have a problem -

as you may read above the phone is being replaced tommorrow so i tried stwiching back but the update failed now im stuck in colour screen mode and the phone does nothing ok im panicing what do i do?

Guest rico2k_uk
unfortunatly you cant share that file with modaco members as its copyright O and would break forum rules. Besides as you say wouldnt work for anyone else :S

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thought as much.. well was an offer... just email them and they will send usually within 24 hrs ... send them your imei -

to: [email protected] AND to [email protected].

Guest rico2k_uk
Hey the french rom works fine but have a problem -

as you may read above the phone is being replaced tommorrow so i tried stwiching back but the update failed now im stuck in colour screen mode and the phone does nothing ok im panicing what do i do?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

restart it.. pull battery, disconnect.. the works.. you'll be ok....

Guest rico2k_uk
they have also updated the bluetooth connection as well, so you can choose the comm ports!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

now having a problem.. how do i connect to active sync with bluetooth... keeps telling me to setup bluetooth activesync... etc

Guest cr0bar
Hey french rom back on and works BUT

what changes need to be made to the english rom NBF to get that back on?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've just flashed mine to FR and back to UK with no problems.

Guest bluesmudge

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

and its the standard UK ROM? no phone mods like unlock? I get ERROR 296 Upgrade only... any suggestions people?

Edited by bluesmudge

Guest dc_demand

Has anyone tried to run this upgrade on an I-mate SP3 ? I tried it but got a 212 error [Creation Fichier].

Already tried removing the SPV C500 entry or tried changing the FRENCH to ENGLISH, no luck.

What could I try out to get this working?

Tnx

Guest rico2k_uk

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

how did you manage? i get told that i cant use the uk one :

error 240 : file open

the update driver cannot open the requested file. please check your update utility..

i aint got it opne!?!

Guest peekie

Seem to be the only one in holland giving this rom a go which is a shame as orange nl will not upgrade the rom for our dutch members , they are still 1 behind the rest of europe not only for the c500 but also on the m1000, i have installed it used the cab file from the dutch forum here and all is perfect even the mms , the application lock is also removed ;) :D and yes dutch members it has dutch in menus and t9 , go for it :D :D :D

Guest bluesmudge

nothing? far as i can see i have to put a version number higher than the one on the French ROM - But what do Orange do with them? can they tell when it goes back?

Guest rico2k_uk

can someone put up all the connection settings specifically for the c500.. i have no idea how to put them all up... tried following the links previously posted.... some stuff the phone asks for is not on the pages.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.