Orange France release C500 Update (with WMP 10)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest squall
"the orange update and backup programs are all in french so crap (if someone can put a copy of all the uk software on teh orange folder would be excellent - or email me them"

Anybody?  Also I am the only one who can't seem to unlock via OTA?  Non of the other methods are any good either - my IMEI is just not going into the database.  Emailed them lots of times, last night and through out the day but no response as of yet.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The ota sites down for everyone at the minute, just have to email them and hope!

Guest twonk
Also I am the only one who can't seem to unlock via OTA?  Non of the other methods are any good either - my IMEI is just not going into the database.  Emailed them lots of times, last night and through out the day but no response as of yet.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, you're not the only one, there are a few people in the thread who are not able to unlock via OTA, and there are a few more in the OTA unlock thread in the typhoon forum.

I had a look at the Orange Developers forum earlier today, and the guy that compiles the unlocking application says that they are currently holding an event in the US, and he will catch up with unlock requests early next week, if not before:

"Thank you for your patience.

As you might know we are currently holding an event in the US and have not had much time to deal with your unlocking requests.

I will clear the backlog early next week if not before."

posted last night.

Cheers

Andy.

Guest rico2k_uk
when connecting to a/sync with b/tooth, i keep getting the setup menu and it wont stop doing it! anyone know how to get it to keep connecting when i ask it, rather than keep putting me over to resetup...

every time i resetup the bluetooth, it asks me again and again!! really annoying....

btw, zoom works fine on the camera, just you have set the res to 640x480, so no zoom avail.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

bump /\

anyone?? and can someone post up all the orange uk software and favoorites?? THANKS!!

Guest hamstar50

Thanks for the updates on the OTA guys!

Not to be a pain.... :-) but can someone either attach, dump or chuck me English Language copies of the Orange Update and Download application and relevant files...just damn annoying in French.

Rom update is quite nice..

1. Improved sound quality on my bluetooth for the recipient - makes a difference when i'm driving - girlfriend no longer telling me my phones crap!

2. The icon for when all sound is off and vibrate is on appears on the top (instead of a speaker with line through it - which appears when silent and no vibrate)

3. Obviously media player 10 - which is just nicer than 9

4. Camera is improved - especially when choosing night mode - very jerky before - now alot more smoother - general improvements and speedups here.

5. when selecting bluetooth on/off from the 'settings' option seems to be less of a delay.

6. True media player creates a couple of folders on the SD card - not sure what they do - might be ok to just delete (he says...hehe)

7. I think the photo thing has improved the video a bit but I can't tell too well - not really used this feature too much.

Pretty much everything is now back to English with the Regional settings changed and the T9 selected to English.

Just those damn Orange programs....like I said, if anyone's feelin generous....share the love! or show me love at: [email protected]

me out.

Guest EggZenBeanz
1 ) Download TyphoonNBFTool from http://www.spv-developers.com/content/TyphoonNbfTool.zip

2 ) Download the update from the URL above

3 ) Download WINRAR from http://www.RARSoft.com

4 ) Extract the update EXE from the Update Archive you just downloaded

5 ) Right Click the EXE (after installing WINRAR), and extract it to a directory - you should see a number of files, including NK.NBF.

6 ) Run TyphoonNBFTool, and open the NK.NBF File (using File-Open)

7 ) Click 'Tools-Edit Header Data' and remove the value in 'Operator' field

8 ) Click File-Save As and overwrite the existing nk.nbf file

9 ) Run the update EXE, hey presto, sorted

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks SimFree.....it worked like a charm.

do exactly that, then when phone has finished reboot (takes about 5-10 entire process) press left soft key, then 4, 9, 6 to get english language.

Make backup as it resets entire phone mem, the camera does seem better. but i never used it much.

The good news is there doesn't seem to be the "tssk" sound when playing media.........yet! i've only listened to one song so far, and no "tssk" sound.

Media player is loads better, god only knows why they didn't make 9 like this in the first place!

Guest spark9990
yes i still ave it on my phone, first time is after 16 seconds :S

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO............................

..........................OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo.............

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Guest mmbecks7
Pretty much everything is now back to English with the Regional settings changed and the T9 selected to English.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How do u set t9 to english??

Thanks

Guest mmbecks7
okay? How do i put this on my phone, and i downloaded the typhoon thing, I dont understand this at all?!?! :idea:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is ur phone unlocked by IMEI-check.com??

Guest darnovitz
I just answered your post and you ask for someone else to answer by email? thats just rude!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ian, I hope that you weren't responding to me. However, I know how desperate people can be...if they can't use their phone. Personally, I'll probably hold off on the upgrade for my U.K. C500, which I'm using in the U.S., as it sounds as though Orange Update and Orange B/Up are in French...? Also, with the SIM unlocking nightmares, that I've heard about...

Guest alexjacobs

Your right bout the bluetooth activesync, managed to get it to work once then turned off my phone and now it just keeps putting me back to setup!!! :evil:

Guest darnovitz
This update DOES NOT flash onto English devices that have not been unlocked by IMEI-Check.

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I probably DID USE: IMEI-Check to SIM unlock my C500. Will this work or not?

I'll use SIM Free's information, of course to utilize English, with my TMobile SIM card in the U.S..

I heard some successful member's updating, still have issues with Orange Update and Orange Backup being in French.. What's up with that?

Paul, thank you!!

Guest p2daz
when connecting to a/sync with b/tooth, i keep getting the setup menu and it wont stop doing it! anyone know how to get it to keep connecting when i ask it, rather than keep putting me over to resetup...

Me Too - very annoying,I have given up now,i set up bluetooth/activesync before with no probs now I have drawn a blank,I followed the bulletproof guide before but can't get it to work now.

Any help anyone?

Edited by p2daz

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.