Pocket PC 2003 Phone Dialer

Guest Adrian2000

Guest Adrian2000

I have recenty got an Orange M2000 to test for my company (as a replacement o the old Nokia 6310i)...its a bit like the difference between the USS Enterprise and a dugout canoe!

I find the Phone application a bit annoying, can anyone tell me why there is a blank button underneath the 'Speed Dial' button and is it possible to do some edits to programme the button to be a 'Speakerphone' button...I find the hardware button a bit of a pain.

What is the Arrow button for? It does not seem to do anything.

With my old 'normal' phone I got used to seeing an incoming number on the diaply and when finished with the call i could save it to the address book, how do you do this with the Pocket PC dialler.

Any help appreciated.

Ade

Guest fraser
With my old 'normal' phone I got used to seeing an incoming number on the diaply and when finished with  the call i could save it to the address book, how do you do this with the Pocket PC dialler.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can do that in the Call History list. Just click on the call and there should be "save to contracts" option. It's a bit lame though, as you can only create a new contact, not add the number into an existing one.

Guest RussellH

The arrow button is like a backspace or delete. If you're dialling digits manually and make a mistake, use the arrow to change it.

It is annoying that you can't save an incoming caller's number to an existing contact. Something else you can't do easily is to call someone who's texted you. If you get a text message and want to call the person back, there's no direct option for this. If they're not in your contacts, it takes a lot of messing around.

Guest fraser
It is annoying that you can't save an incoming caller's number to an existing contact.  Something else you can't do easily is to call someone who's texted you.  If you get a text message and want to call the person back, there's no direct option for this.  If they're not in your contacts, it takes a lot of messing around.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is something that really let me down. I came from a Smartphone, which was miles ahead of this. Everything was linkable, from a mail or sms message in your inbox, you could open contact, reply, call, send text. Call history would allow you to insert the number in an existing contact, return the call or text the person.

On the other hand, the Windows Mobile interface bites in this regard. You can tell it evolved with features being added over time. The Smartphone was designed fresh.

Guest RussellH

Been playing around with the dialler, and discovered that it is possible to phone a texter. It takes a bit of fiddling, but it does work. Tap on the phone number to highlight it. Click edit at the bottom of the screen, then copy. Then, press the green phone button and the dialler application opens with the phone number already there, ready to dial.

Guest Adrian2000

Still no-one had any thoughts about the blank button under Speed dial...why is it there, can it be customised etc. I would love to be able to customise this to be the Speakerphone button. It is a real pain if someone calls me when the phone is in the cradle, to put it on speaker phone I have to hold the green button down for a while...it would be a lot easier to just touch the display and talk.

Guest theanarch1st

you can easily call someone who has sent a text message to you, jus press the green call button and it dials the number at the top of the message.

what you can't properly do is text to a number that you have either rang or have rang you as it doesn't transfer the number when clicking send sms

hope that helps you