Audio cable for XdaIIi

Guest KenM

Just tried to plug my XdaIIi into the car casette adaptor thingy that we use for our iPod and it does't fit. Does anyone know if you can get an adaptor to go from the small output on the XdaIIi to the 'standard' mini jack plug size?

Guest fraser
Just tried to plug my XdaIIi into the car casette adaptor thingy that we use for our iPod and it does't fit. Does anyone know if you can get an adaptor to go from the small output on the XdaIIi to the 'standard' mini jack plug size?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, you can. Some links were posted in this forum several months ago, a search should find them.

Yes, you can. Some links were posted in this forum several months ago, a search should find them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks. Should have tried that before posting I guess. found this link, but there appears to be doubt over whether it works because of a polarity issue. Is anyone using one of these with an XdaIIi? I'll see if I can find a UK supplier if it does.

Ken

Guest fraser
Thanks. Should have tried that before posting I guess. found this link, but there appears to be doubt over whether it works because of a polarity issue. Is anyone using one of these with an XdaIIi? I'll see if I can find a UK supplier if it does.

Ken

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think I know the thread you mean. If the device is advertised for all of the Blue Angel models, it should work. Someone didn't read the thread properly and mentioned that existing adapters didn't work. They didn't notice that these were new & designed for the phone.

I emailed expansys and have come full circle to this. I've asked them if it will work with my Xda IIi because The PPC Techs site lists specific models including the Xda IIi, whereas the expansys site shows only one (generic?) option.

Haven't had a reply yet, but I think I'll go ahead and order it anyway. Presumably if it doesn't work I'll have no problem getting a refund.

Ken

Guest fraser
Presumably if it doesn't work I'll have no problem getting a refund.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Provided you live in the UK and order by post, you get 30-days to return it if you want. The idea is that you haven't seen the product, you don't know what you are getting. That's the law ;)

Doesn't apply to underwearbypost.com; thank the legistators for making sensible exceptions!! :D

Well, it arrived this morning and guess what? It doesn't work! and guess why? the polarity is wrong! At least that's my view. If you connect it up to the Xda IIi and plug a pair of stereo headphones into the 3.5mm audio port you hear nothing if you push the plug all the way in, but you can get get audio out of one channel, or the other, (or, if you wiggle it around a bit, out of both) with the jack inserted only a third to half way in. Which suggests to me that the polarity is wrongly wired. I've now got two options

(1) return it to expansys

(2) I know this will be a mistake, but the little :evil: voice keeps saying 'open up the box and solder the wires the other way round, if you b^%^s it up it's only ten quid'

Actually, I've just taken a look and I can't see any way to get inside, so it looks like it's going back after all.

ken

Guest fraser

You are due a refund for sure under UK law, especially now that it doesn't

work. The words "fit for purpose" and "as described" will be your friends if you get any hastle.

Keep us informed about how it goes. Perhaps they shipped you the wrong one? Either way, if it don't work, they shouldn't be advertising it.

Guest adjonline
You are due a refund for sure under UK law, especially now that it doesn't

work. The words "fit for purpose" and "as described" will be your friends if you get any hastle.

Keep us informed about how it goes. Perhaps they shipped you the wrong one? Either way, if it don't work, they shouldn't be advertising it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're easier words are 'Distance Selling Regulations', which given a period of seven days from receipt to return the item, whether or not they are fit for purpose, if ordering by phone, web etc ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest KenM

Update on this for anyone still interested. I contacted Expansys. They were very helpful indeed. i posted the cable back to them and they supplied me with the correct one postage-paid. Great service and I'd definately recommend them.

Guest sprouts42
Update on this for anyone still interested. I contacted Expansys. They were very helpful indeed. i posted the cable back to them and they supplied me with the correct one postage-paid. Great service and I'd definately recommend them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So it does work then? Could you post me a link please?