MPx220 and Latest Firmware

Guest Paraklas

Guest cortez

i've used different combinations of the oem, smf and opr files with 1.40 Asian ROM and i had lots of problems. i know others have mixed & matched the same files with the 1.39 ATT & Cingular ROMS and didn't have the issues i had. i don't know if this it specific to the Asian ROM, but i decided to stick with the core 1.40 files and leave it at that.

oh yeah, to change the splash screen use a registry editor and go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Splash Screen and change the CarrierBitmap, CarrierShutdownBitmap and/or the MSBitmap keys. i usually copy the jpg file to the Storage\Windows folder.

Edited by cortez

Guest phonehead
Use motorola's update tool (available in a thread here for download) and through that you can get the 1.39 cingular..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please email me as to where I might find the tool. Serious problems with error messages while trying to update settings. Deleted some utiliies by accident and some of phone functionality not working. Need to either restore 1.03 or new version. Could also use a strong recommendation on the version? Something easy and idiot proof!

Guest phonehead
This is easily accomplished by reading some of the threads here regarding ROM upgrade ;) ;)

The update tool can be found from here

Motorola_MPx220_System_Update_v1.0.0.28.zip

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

More complicated that I anticipated..... Lesson Learned, "do not delete random unaccessed files to clean up memory problems". At this point, I'm unable to move/copy files via activesync. Although Activesynce does connect, there appears to be a security issue and synchronization does not occur. At this point, I'm unable to change any profile information (settings, home page, etc....). I'll keep looking into the issue via the forum but I would appreciate any heads up or direction infromation.

Guest andyhud
More complicated that I anticipated.....  Lesson Learned, "do not delete random unaccessed files to clean up memory problems".  At this point, I'm unable to move/copy files via activesync.  Although Activesynce does connect, there appears to be a security issue and synchronization does not occur.  At this point, I'm unable to change any profile information (settings, home page, etc....).  I'll keep looking into the issue via the forum but I would appreciate any heads up or direction infromation.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cingular 1.43 seems much better (as in reliable) for me than 1.39 did.

Just my 2p

Andy

Guest Paraklas
Cingular 1.43 seems much better (as in reliable) for me than 1.39 did.

I thought that the latest from cingular is 1.39.. This is the first time I'm hearing for 1.43..

Guest optikalsaint
I thought that the latest from cingular is 1.39.. This is the first time I'm hearing for 1.43..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1.43 came out about a day or two ago through Motorola's offline system update program. I updated my phone yesterday and was amazed at how much better the ear peice is. One thing that scared the heck out of me was the keypad tones. I had them shut off before and when I went to call someone they were so loud I jumped and almost dropped the phone ;)

Also the phone runs a little smoother. I have noticed that programs I exit don't actually close all the way and I have to manually go into the task manager and kill them. If not my battery is dead before the day is up ;)

Good news is the camera is a little better. When I get home today I'll post some before 1.43 pics and after 1.43 pics. The main thing is white objects don't seem to be so overwhelming as they were before. The camera still sucks but its better than before.

-opti-

Guest bills1974
1.43 came out about a day or two ago through Motorola's offline system update program. I updated my phone yesterday and was amazed at how much better the ear peice is. One thing that scared the heck out of me was the keypad tones. I had them shut off before and when I went to call someone they were so loud I jumped and almost dropped the phone ;)

Also the phone runs a little smoother. I have noticed that programs I exit don't actually close all the way and I have to manually go into the task manager and kill them. If not my battery is dead before the day is up ;)

Good news is the camera is a little better. When I get home today I'll post some before 1.43 pics and after 1.43 pics. The main thing is white objects don't seem to be so overwhelming as they were before. The camera still sucks but its better than before.

-opti-

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is my first post, but I read a lot...anyway, I just upgraded to 1.43 yesterday and it is probably the best ROM I've used. I don't seem to get the answer delay anymore when a call comes in and I open the flip. Also, the volume seems much better and the phone seems a little faster overall. They also added a little program to the Accessories group called BT SerialPortSetup for enabling an outbound Bluetooth COM port...

Guest andyhud
This is my first post, but I read a lot...anyway, I just upgraded to 1.43 yesterday and it is probably the best ROM I've used.  I don't seem to get the answer delay anymore when a call comes in and I open the flip.  Also, the volume seems much better and the phone seems a little faster overall.  They also added a little program to the Accessories group called BT SerialPortSetup for enabling an outbound Bluetooth COM port...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah. Defintely no answer delay any more. That makes me a happy chappy!

Guest SJ@MPx-220
Yeah. Defintely no answer delay any more. That makes me a happy chappy!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Arghhhhh..... :twisted:

That's it.....I have no reason not to flashed mine again ;)

Any idea which one is better? the AT&T or the Cingular one? Are they identical?

Guest andyhud
Arghhhhh..... :twisted:

That's it.....I have no reason not to flashed mine again  ;)

Any idea which one is better? the AT&T or the Cingular one? Are they identical?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mines Cingular... I can't be bothered to mess about with Rom's any more... Just bosh it on and go down the pub. :D

...sorted.

Guest Seth Cold

1.43 cingular's got btserialportsetup on the menu...

1.43 at&t's got manual network selection and english, spanish, french and portuguese languages

it's up to you

Guest SJ@MPx-220

1.43 at&t's got manual network selection and english, spanish, french and portuguese languages

it's up to you

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Pal.

I prefer the Cingular one but had to settle for the AT&T. One major problem with the Cingular ROM: It won't allow me to move/delete the shortcuts from the start menu. I like to put the shortcuts into several folder so the scrolling of the start menu is minimized ;)

Guest SJ@MPx-220
oh yeah, to change the splash screen use a registry editor and go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Splash Screen and change the CarrierBitmap, CarrierShutdownBitmap and/or the MSBitmap keys.  i usually copy the jpg file to the Storage\Windows folder.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cortez,

Thanks man!

I would think that this change won't be permanent since the registry and the bitmap files will be cleaned if you do a hardreset.

Is it possible to make a permanent change? I'm asking because it is possible to make a permanent change on the XDA splash screen.

Guest cortez
Cortez,

Thanks man!

I would think that this change won't be permanent since the registry and the bitmap files will be cleaned if you do a hardreset.

Is it possible to make a permanent change? I'm asking because it is possible to make a permanent change on the XDA splash screen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you're correct...the changes will be erased with a hard reset and/or ROM flash. i'm unaware of a process to make them permanent. the only exception is if you backup your phone with Sprite, hard reset, then restore from Sprite. in this case, you should recover the splash screen changes. ROM upgrades are a different story!

Guest engravers

it's up to you

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey amigo donde puedo ubicar las rom para actualizar el mpx220 al español

How can I download this 1.40 rom for my mpx 220 updating to spanish

Guest cortez
yeah how do we download the latest rom? it's not on moto's website...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my suggestion would be to search the Windows Mobile forum on www.howardforums.com.

Guest Seth Cold
my suggestion would be to search the Windows Mobile forum on www.howardforums.com.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

agreed with cortez... that's the hot place to be hehe

Guest kirk26

The best ROM right now to use is the MPX Chinese ROM 3.45 with Windows Media Player 10! Just released, but I understand that the moderators on this forum are deleting threads about this new update. Too bad.

Edited by kirk26

Guest Disco Stu

Just to clarfy that we delete posts relating to illegally redistributed ROMs etc.

If you were to post a link to the Motorola China website with the official release then it's in the public domain and we would have no problem.

If the ROM is not available from the manufacturer or operator website then we have to assume that it is being illegally redistributed.

MPx220 owners are always welcome here but we do have rules.

;)