How much do domain names sell for?

Guest James

Guest James

Got a domain name that i have used to store my photos so my friends can access them on-line...

someone has offered to buy the name but i have no idea what its worth or how much it will cost to transfer the name to him...

any ideas?

its: www.clubsnapper.net

cheers peeps.....

Guest beersoft

best case, transfering them should be free

worst case your looking at the cost of the domain for a year

something like clubsnapper.net should be worth a few quid, how much is all depending on what they are prepared to pay

later

Owen

Guest mupwangle

Domain names are worth exactly what someone is prepared to pay for it. A good deal is one where they are willing to pay more than you feel it's worth.

It's usually free to transfer - but if not then get them to pay extra for the transfer.

humm.... i think i will wait for an offer ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are sites/forums which offer domain name appraisals. You can do a quick google search for "domain name appraisal" to find one.

Generally, most domain name values depend on the length of the domain name, the # of hits it receives regularly, etc etc. The experts know best. Lately, if you purchase a domain, you're lucky to get the price of the domain back when/if you decide to sell =P

Domain transfers generally cost just the price of one additional year/renewal. No cost for the transfer, but you pay for the domain name for an additional year (the 1 year extension generally occurs at the end of your current payment period).

Good luck!