Urgent - imate Jam owners - please help

Guest rmg

Hi,

I got my Jam from Expansys a couple of weeks ago on the 18 month contract deal.

It seems to have a fault :-(

There is a buzzing / whistling noise coming from the ear piece, which is quite noticeable when I am in a call,

The noise is there whenever the screen is turned on, not just when I am in a call (obviously I only notice it when I am in a call!)

Can any Jam owners tell me if they get any noise from the ear piece when the screen is on, I am ready to send it back but want to make sure that it is a fault, and not just a 'design feature'.

I could just turn the screen off when in a call, but I dont really want to have to do that,

So, hold your jam up to your ear, and turn the screen on and off,,,,,

Hear anything?

Please let me know your experiences as If they doint all do it my baby is going to the post office at lunch time!

Guest is2005

I do not hear anything if I turn the screen on or off. Call quality is very good even better than my old SE T610, if the noise is quite noticeable then I would return it to Expansys

Guest Disco Stu

The sound isn't brilliant when compared to (say) the C500 but you shouldn't be getting that. Definitely needs to go back - something isn't right.

Thanks a million guys, Its going back Today, I have even quoted this thread in my covering letter ;-)

Will let you know what they say. They have been really good so far, pleasant, knowledgable and quick to answer the phone!

• 1 month later...
Guest claremont4
Thanks a million guys, Its going back Today, I have even quoted this thread in my covering letter ;-)

Will let you know what they say.  They have been really good so far, pleasant, knowledgable and quick to answer the phone!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi, did you get the problem sorted? I bought my Jam last week and have discovered the same problem!