Remove Start Menu Sounds?

Guest shardy

Guest shardy

Hi, does anyone know if it's possible to remove the sounds that occur when you open the Start Menu and programs folder, or 'tap and hold' anything? I've found the option to turn off ordinary screen tap sounds, but this has no effect. Also, if I turn down the left hand volume slider which controls the system sounds it also turns down sms notifications! Basically I want to be able to use my m2000 at work without disturbing the people sitting round me, but still hear when I get an sms through. Any ideas?

Sam

Guest Disco Stu

Or hang on, isn't it in Settings, Input - select preferred method, hit Options, take tick out of 'screen sound' box ?

Or even, Settings, Sounds & Notifications - take tick out of Screen Taps / Hardware Buttons boxes ?

Guest shardy
Or hang on, isn't it in Settings, Input - select preferred method, hit Options, take tick out of 'screen sound' box ?

Or even, Settings, Sounds & Notifications - take tick out of Screen Taps / Hardware Buttons boxes ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, I'll have a look at those and see if they work....

Guest shardy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hiya, I've tried all those now, but sadly I still get the loud beeps when navigating around the start menu etc ;) I don't get any clicks on ordinary screen taps tho wihich is good! Any other suggestions? Hope it's not a fault with my m2000! Thanks

Sam

Guest shardy
I can't find any more options on the Jam.

Try a soft reset and see if that sorts it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks anyway mate, I'll keep trying...

Guest ed561nola
Thanks anyway mate, I'll keep trying...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If it works like my smp Mx200, u will turn the sound u reffer to, go to

SETTINGS

SOUNDS

KEYPAD CONTROL=none

:idea: ;)

have a good day

Guest Porkspeare

The way to disable the annoying beep when you click start, programs, etc is.......

Start > Settings > Sounds & Notifications > Untick Events (warnings, system events)

Simple as that......took me ages to find it though. ;)