MPX220 - which 1GB mini sd card to take?

Guest rudi_runkel

Guest rudi_runkel

Hi all,

I'm a proud owner of a MPx220 and want to add a mini sd card, possibly 1 GB. Did anyone try it already? If successful which manufacturer did you take? If only 512 MB work, which one should I take?

Thanks a lot in advance

Rudi :?:

Guest Paraklas

Mini SD cards from PQI seem to have the best compatibility with this phone. I personally have a sandisk (512mb) and I have a lot of problems. I don't know about 1GB Sd.

Guest stephenp1983
I have a mini sd SanDisk works fine for me

other people say its a problem.......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a 256 sandisk that works fine I thought the phone only supported up to 512 not a gig is that wrong

Guest i_oWn_u
My Sandisk 256MB card works when it feels like it.

:roll:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol i have 512 get one of those there so much better! 1 gig (best)

Guest Paraklas
it can go up to 2 gigs!Ā 

Have you actually tested a 2 gig SD? - I would prefer a 2gb with SDIO (if it was supported of course ;):) )

Edited by Paraklas

Guest drizze99

I just purchased the 60X ATP 256MB card and couldn't be happier! Out od the 1GB cards that are out so far, the one from MobyMemory is the best. It use SLC flash chips. I still have no idea what type of flash chips pqi uses, but that would be my second choice. I wouldn't dare buy a SanDisk!!

Guest Marc McHale

I have a mobymemory 1 gig miniSD and it has worked flawlessly since day 1.

Not massively cheap, but definitely worth it.

Marc

Guest i_oWn_u
Yes, intermitantly it will fail to see files on the card (especially after rebooting).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

tell me more there is to it

and how are you puting programs on the sd

Guest badbob001
I still have no idea what type of flash chips pqi uses, but that would be my second choice.

I emailed PQI and they said that they use SLC chips in their upcoming 1GB miniSD.

Guest dchester
tell me more there is to it

and how are you puting programs on the sd

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mostly I have MP3s on it, but I do have a few video clips as well. I recently bought a card reader, so that's what I use now to copy stuff onto it. Someone had suggested that I reformat the card (FAT16), when they heard of my intermitant problems, but if anything, that has made it worse. It used to be that it only had problems reading from the card right after I rebooted, and once it finally started reading, it would usually work OK. But now it will start working and sometimes fail again without rebooting. I will say that I never had any issues on the original .325 firmware. Also I've seen posts from other people that said that once they went to the unbranded 1.25 firmware, their cards worked fine. Once the 1 gig card become more prevalent, I plan on getting one of those, but it won't be a Sandisk.

Guest i_oWn_u
Mostly I have MP3s on it, but I do have a few video clips as well.Ā  I recently bought a card reader, so that's what I use now to copy stuff onto it.Ā  Someone had suggested that I reformat the card (FAT16), when they heard of my intermitant problems, but if anything, that has made it worse.Ā  It used to be that it only had problems reading from the card right after I rebooted, and once it finally started reading, it would usually work OK.Ā  But now it will start working and sometimes fail again without rebooting.Ā  I will say that I never had any issues on the original .325 firmware.Ā  Also I've seen posts from other people that said that once they went to the unbranded 1.25 firmware, their cards worked fine.Ā  Once the 1 gig card become more prevalent, I plan on getting one of those, but it won't be a Sandisk.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i know of alot of people who don't like sandisk

i have sandisk and it works like a charm

Guest omega2008
i know of alot of people who don't like sandisk

i have sandisk and it works like a charm

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have 3 SanDisk cards....1GB SD card, 512mb and 256mb miniSD cards and I have never had a problem with them. I am guessing some people got faulty cards. I am about to buy a new 1GB SanDisk miniSD. I personally have no problems with them. I have never used a PQI card but I have heard nothing but good things about them...may try to get one to compare with the SanDisk version.

Guest i_oWn_u
I have 3 SanDisk cards....1GB SD card, 512mb and 256mb miniSD cards and I have never had a problem with them. I am guessing some people got faulty cards. I am about to buy a new 1GB SanDisk miniSD. I personally have no problems with them. I have never used a PQI card but I have heard nothing but good things about them...may try to get one to compare with the SanDisk version.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

we are the only ones with the real sandisk ;)

Guest fincan
we are the only ones with the real sandiskĀ  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the problem is not with the SD cards but with the phones i/o handling.

I have a Ridata 512mb mini-sd and it was skipping some songs with the cingular 1.03 firmware. After I updated to 1.25, it never happened again. It also didn't happen with the 1.33 chinese rom.

Guest dchester
I think the problem is not with the SD cards but with the phones i/o handling.

I have a Ridata 512mb mini-sd and it was skipping some songs with the cingular 1.03 firmware. After I updated to 1.25, it never happened again. It also didn't happen with the 1.33 chinese rom.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You may be right. I suspect that they tightened something up in the firmware, so that it currently only works well with the faster cards. (possibly to conserve the battery?)

Guest drizze99

It still dosen't change the fact that SanDisk uses MLC flash chips. They created that chip! MLC chips can not withstand the wear & tear of SLC chips.