PPCProfiles-Pro FREE!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

A VERY exciting announcement regarding the excellent PPCProfiles-Pro...

MoDaCo and Brett Darnell have joined forces to supply PPCProfiles-Pro as Freeware!

Thanks to the generosity of Paul O'Brien at MoDaCo new versions of PPCProfiles-Pro will be made available FREE for personal use to everyone who owns a compatible Pocket PC Phone Edition device!

PPCProfiles-Pro is an advance phone profile manager for Pocket PC Phone Edition, currently designed for HTC devices running Windows Mobile 2003 and Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition.

Although the software has only been available for a short time commercially, it has been embraced by users in over 30 countries. Based on this rapid and universal acceptance, and the lack of availability of stable profile management software, the creator Brett Darnell has decided that this application should be made available to everyone and not just those who have the ability to purchase it.

A team is currently being assembled to steer development of the new software. If you are interested in joining this team please click here to contact Paul.

To become involved, or get the software follow this link to the dedicated PPCProfilesPro forum!

As stated in the announcement, follow this link to the dedicated PPCProfilesPro forum to get involved!

P

ppcp1.jpgppcp2.jpgppcp3.jpg

ppp4.jpgppcp5.jpgppcp6.jpg

Thanks for the software it is very much appreciated but...

In the article it doesnt mension a few things that people who are going to try the software should know.

The software is BETA and not full commercial release, this means there are nag screens, one everytime you change profile which personally has become annoying enough for me to uninstall the program. I think describing this software freeware is a bit missleading as it is more 'beta testing', who would put nag screens in a freeware realease?

Just my point of view guys so dont flame me, as i personally know how hard software is to develop and maintain. I would like to ask if this software will be freeware in the future with no nag screens or will the beta end and the software expire?

to end i think the software is very very good and i would pay good money for it keep up the good work.

Guest bretto
Thanks for the software it is very much appreciated but...

In the article it doesnt mension a few things that people who are going to try the software should know.

The software is BETA and not full commercial release, this means there are nag screens,  one everytime you change profile which personally has become annoying enough for me to uninstall the program. I think describing this software freeware is a bit missleading as it is more 'beta testing', who would put nag screens in a freeware realease?

Just my point of view guys so dont flame me, as i personally know how hard software is to develop and maintain. I would like to ask if this software will be freeware in the future with no nag screens or will the beta end and the software expire?

to end i think the software is very very good and i would pay good money for it keep up the good work.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I take your point. Just to let you know V2.01b beta1 was already up on the site before we had arranged to get it out as freeware and I forgot about the nag screen, so yes you are right that one does have the nag screen. V2.01c beta1 is also there for download and doesnt have the nag screen. ;)

Your right the versions up there are beta but they are also very close to release. The only reason they are not the release, besides a bit more testing, is that I wanted to put some more functionality into the app. So when everyone is happy that the software is right it will become a free release.

V2.01xx will be free with no expiry. Personally I like to expire betas but I think for this software it will be upto you to upgrade to the release that is the best fit.

Thanks for pointing that out though.

Dude that is exactly what i wanted to hear, ill try the other beta cant wait for the full release.

Thanks alot for giving your time and putting back into the community all the guys here really appreciate your hard work. ;)

Guest kinmont

o i become a part of this testing procedure. i have clicked on th link many times and nothing ever happens. thank you. Kinmont

MoDaCo and Brett Darnell have joined forces to supply PPCProfiles-Pro as Freeware!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.