SpB GPRS Moniter

Guest En_croute

Guest En_croute

Last week I bought a 3mb GPRS bundle from T-Mobile (£5) and was suprised that acording to my T-Mobile complimentry Sbp GPRS Moniter I had used 948kb in about 4 hours, despite being only 20 x 2k header only messages and MSN Messenger being active.

When asking T-Mobile what other processes might have been using GPRS, they said my account only shows 345kb of usage (although it was billed incorrectly as the Bundle wasn't applied properly).

Has anyone else had problems with this app ?

Version 2.2.0, Build 487 (edited)

Are there any other moniters you'd recommed to measure usage?

Edited by En_croute

Guest MitchellO

I'd suggest you go to the SPB GPRS Monitor site ( http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/gprsmonitor/?en ) and download the latest version. Just install it over your old version and it will be updated (according to the site). Then see if you still have the probs. I use build 525 and it works great.

BTW, i you got your version number wrong. The latest is v2.3 (build 525). You said 20.2.0. Did you mean 2.0.2?

Guest En_croute
BTW, i you got your version number wrong. The latest is v2.3 (build 525). You said 20.2.0. Did you mean 2.0.2?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whoops - Yes 2.2.0 !

Thanks for the tip, will try the latest version and let you know

Guest En_croute
Do you have to pay for the upgrade though ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Downloaded the Upgrade

Didn't have a serial no, so installed the trial version

On MDA it says it's a registrered version, and is 2.3.0, Build 525.

So, we'll see how it goes.....

Guest En_croute

Well it's better, but not good:

The "My t-mobile" website shows almost live immediate phone and GPRS statistics.

29/04 - Upgraded to v2.3.0, Build 525

29/04: T-Mobile 31.05KB Traffic

29/04: Moniter: 64KB Traffic (51% over estimated)

02/05: T-Mobile: 539.81KB Traffic

02/05: Moniter: 934KB Traffic (42% over estimated)

T-Mobile said as it's provided by them, it's covered under warranty - could be a handset problem. Do any other UK T-Mobile MDA Compact users have any experience (working or otherwise) if this ?

If so, please post......

PS:

Oh, and T-Mobile has "lost" my call buying the 3mb bundle ;)

But they credited me the usage to date ;)

Edited by En_croute

Guest ikorodu

Hi

I had the same problem with the GPRS monitor.

In the end I deleted it from the phone and am using trh more basic GPRS monitor that is preinstalled on the device. That seems to be much more accurate.

I was getting 300k from the SpB monitor just for checking email even when there were no new messages!

I'd be keen to hear any news on what T mobile say about it.

ikorodu

Guest jfran
Hi

I had the same problem with the GPRS monitor.

In the end I deleted it from the phone and am using trh more basic GPRS monitor that is preinstalled on the device.  That seems to be much more accurate.

I was getting 300k from the SpB monitor just for checking email even when there were no new messages!

I'd be keen to hear any news on what T mobile say about it.

ikorodu

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what were you getting from the basic monitor, as I was getting some large numbers from the SPB monitor and pretty little transfer from the basic monitor, my problem is that I dont have any other means to see which is correct however SPB does seem well off the mark!

rgds

jim

Edited by jfran

Guest En_croute
.........my problem is that I dont have any other means to see which is correct .....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your service provider should be able to tell you on a day by day basis.

T-Mobile can do it on-line, I'd be suprised if all the other UK operators can't as well.