Over Clocking the Mini

Guest monty1

Guest monty1

Any body else tried overclocking their Jam/mini . I got hold of a trial version of Pocket Hack master .Managed to overclock my Mini to 468 Mhz with 117 FSB ,and I think it does make a noticeable difference . I tried to push it to 520hz 130 FSB but that froze the device ( softreset and it was fine ) . I have only managed to access the basic features off the software .Has anybody else tried this ?

Guest MitchellO

I have used this sort of thing before and I had to hard reset mine because it locked up. I wouldn't try to push it too far, otherwise you could overheat and damage your device. Good luck if it works for you!!

Guest wesbar

Mine ran happily at 520mhz for over a week. The difference is considerable but I got scared and uninstalled it. :?:

If u get the full version you can set different speeds and it automatically scales the speed up and down depending on what your doing much like it works as standard.

Guest monty1

agreed MitchellO, not going to push it beyond 468 Mhz . but it does seem very stable at this setting and a 10 % power hike is pretty good ;) . I have of course noticed thatI will get a corresponding drop off in battery life , but again I have found the mini to have quite a good battery , so not much of a problem. Westbar, you said that you could only access the advanced settings on the registered version . I guess that is why I have been having problems DOH! . The settings seem quite complicated ,but im considering buyinq this software ,its pretty cool . Think Illl try the beta player benchmark and see if the higher clock speed makes much of a difference

Guest jfran

Wot kind of battery performance are you guys getting, I get about a day and a half with about 1hr voice calls, and wifi on for most of the day with heavy internet usage ie client always on checking emails.

Until later

Jim

Guest monty1

Wot kind of battery performance are you guys getting, I get about a day and a half with about 1hr voice calls, and wifi on for most of the day with heavy internet usage ie client always on checking emails.

Until later

Typically have somewhere between 30 - 50% battery left by the end of the day . I usually Play MP3s for about an hour a day a few texts ,a wee surf of the net and a couple of calls . If im playing games or watching Beta player , it might be down to 30% . That said battery life is much better than my E200 smartphone .

As for the overclocking I keep my device in the supplied pouch on my belt ( always hidden by tee shirt or jumper ) and i noticed after a few hours in the pub that it had got quite hot. As a result i have gone back to standard settings ! might think about getting the full version so can play with the CPU scaling though ;)