Problem with my XDAIIs

Guest chinoxl

Guest chinoxl

Hi, I have a problem with my O2 XDAIIs, it keeps freezing on every screen. It seems to be totally unuseable if I use the standard windows desktop but starts working again if I tap the O2 logo next to the Start menu, this of course brings up the O2 today screen with the plugins and what not. How can I reset this phone to its original state that it was in BEFORE O2 get their hands on it and put their unstable rubbish onto it? There must be some way to just reset the entire thing - right?

Thanks

Ben

Guest fraser

There has been talk of doing a hard reset (press power and reset at the same time), then canceling out of the auto-installs that trigger automatically. Note that if you do this, you will need to set up everything on the phone by hand e.g. GPRS, SMS message centre etc.

A search may help you find the thread I am thinking of. It may have involved the word "dialler" as I think they were trying to get rid of the O2 one.

Guest chinoxl

Thanks, but I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by set everything by hand.

There has been talk of doing a hard reset (press power and reset at the same time), then canceling out of the auto-installs that trigger automatically. Note that if you do this, you will need to set up everything on the phone by hand e.g. GPRS, SMS message centre etc.

A search may help you find the thread I am thinking of. It may have involved the word "dialler" as I think they were trying to get rid of the O2 one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest Pondrew
Thanks, but I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by set everything by hand.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As Fraser said, you'll have to manually enter all the service provider specific settings such as voicemail number, gprs settings, mms settings, etc, etc.

Guest chinoxl

Where would I find those settings?

As Fraser said, you'll have to manually enter all the service provider specific settings such as voicemail number, gprs settings, mms settings, etc, etc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest fraser

Various different places. Each one is different. It's not all that hard, just a pain. All the info can be found here using a search e.g. "vodaphone gprs settings". Have you tried just a hard-reset though? Does the problem still persist? If yes, something is really broken. If no, give it a try. Don't cancel all the O2 stuff the first time; it's unlikely that the problem otherwise other people would be seeing it.

Guest chinoxl

How do I perform a hard reset?

Various different places. Each one is different. It's not all that hard, just a pain. All the info can be found here using a search e.g. "vodaphone gprs settings". Have you tried just a hard-reset though? Does the problem still persist? If yes, something is really broken. If no, give it a try. Don't cancel all the O2 stuff the first time; it's unlikely that the problem otherwise other people would be seeing it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>