What is it?

Guest monkeygadge

Guest monkeygadge

Ok I may be being stupid here but I'm sure there is a light on the Mpx220 that does absolutely nothing.

Anyone know what it does? Pic attached. Sorry about the poor quality I took the photo with my flatmates Nokia 6230!! Yuk I feel infected! :shock:

post-39595-1114767212_thumb.jpg

Guest monkeygadge
If I'm not mistaken, that's your microphone...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nah, I reckon the microphone is the small hole in the bottom of the casing just to the right of the charger/sync socket.

Guest mvsmith07
Nah, I reckon the microphone is the small hole in the bottom of the casing just to the right of the charger/sync socket.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, I thought the unknown LED was the microphone as well, but I checked the manual and the microphone is definitely to the right of the sync socket.

Guest dchester
i believe it's the sensor that contols the keyboard lights...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are correct. BTW, the microphone is the tiny hole to the right of where the USB cable plugs in.

Guest Paraklas

It's the keypad sensor. Go out in sunlight where the keypad light is off and cover the sensor with your finger and you will see the lights turn on. When you see that in a dark room it seems like a led but it's just the light from the keys escaping.

Guest laskuh
It's the keypad sensor. Go out in sunlight where the keypad light is off and cover the sensor with your finger and you will see the lights turn on. When you see that in a dark room it seems like a led but it's just the light from the keys escaping.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mine doesnt work so well. dangit.

Guest mvsmith07
mine doesnt work so well. dangit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, I can agree with this. The keypad lights do seem to be erratic sometimes. They will often turn on and off several times when the shell is open and I'm using the phone.