I think I killed my JAM

Guest Ghost_1

Guest Ghost_1

Ok so here's the story. I was having problems with really bad pictures on the camera so I decided to upgrade. I had the 1.03 rom on the JAM. Was trying to upgrade to 1.06. Anyhow I think the computer got half way through the install and something must have happened cause the Imate upgrade installer said it had lost connection with the JAM. So initially i figured the JAm went to sleep, but when I went to turn on the backlight nothing happend. Even the little led signal light stopped blinking. Of course I wasn't scared I figure this has happened to someone else and came straight here.

The problem right now is that the backlight doesn't come on andthe screen say serial or USB (depends wether I have it plugged in or not) at the top of the screen and v 1.00. at the bottom. I read in a forum post on here somewhere that I should try and just do the upgrade again.

Here's where it gets a little fustrating. When I plug the JAM in and try to do the upgrade the Imate installer tells me that the JAM is not connected, so now I have no idea what to do.

At this moment I decided to try another computer to do this as I know I have had issues with my USB on my computer. I am just worried that I have a Brick on my hands now. . . and I hust got the JAM two days ago. . .PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME.

Guest Ghost_1

update news. . .

ok so I tried using my girlfriends computer and it looks like the upgrade is working I'll be back to post again to let you guys know what is going on. Currently it's upgrading the radio stack.

Guest spvdk

Even after a crash during upgrade, these devices seems to be fixable, as long as you have the 'Serial' text on screen.

It's always a good idea to restart PC and PPC before a ROM upgrade. And if you do encounter problems anyway, first thing to try is another restart. This universal fix almost always work ;)

Anyway, good luck with your upgrade. Hope it turns out ok.

Guest Ghost_1

Everything worked out ok. . .Thanks for the advice, I pretty much did that and things are looking ok. I thought I was going to have an expensive paperweight. I am really glad that this forum exists I thought I was screwed, but I found what I needed. Thank everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest stpete111
Another tip would be to disable the USB connection in activesync whilst performing the ROM upgrade

rgds

Jim

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jim... I saw that you said to do this in your step-by-step above, but I don't understand why? What is the purpose of unticking the USB connection?

Thanks,

SP