SIM Card Activation

Guest adjonline

Guest adjonline

I'm not entirely sure this is the best place to post, but I'm a tad stuck and not sure of where else to get advice from!

I received my M2000 on Friday and called to activate the new SIM (a process I've never seen the point of, but that may be my ignorance). Within 30 minutes, the old SIM deactivated. But the new one never came on. And still hasn't.

I've got various responses on my calls to Orange, basically ending up saying that it has to be looked at by technical support who take (variably) up to 3 days/up to 5 days/up to 7 days to respond. Now 7 days is absurd!!

Anyhow, my question - firstly (and I can't see how but I have to ask, since I know the Orange CS knowledge of Windows Mobile remains limited), is there anything OS specific that I need to do to allow the activation to take place. Secondly, any suggestions of how to get someone within Orange to sort this. I've normally found them pretty 'persaudable', but I'm finding now the only answer anyone, at any level of superiority, will give me, is 'wait for technical support'. Seen as I quite like being able to call people, and more importantly, have them call me, I am getting a tad annoyed!!

My wonder is whether the SIM card is faulty, but I'm keep being assured this isn't the case and it's likely to be a network issue. Is this likely to be true?

Many thanks in advance!!

Guest mrplatypus
I'm not entirely sure this is the best place to post, but I'm a tad stuck and not sure of where else to get advice from!

I received my M2000 on Friday and called to activate the new SIM (a process I've never seen the point of, but that may be my ignorance). Within 30 minutes, the old SIM deactivated. But the new one never came on. And still hasn't.

I've got various responses on my calls to Orange, basically ending up saying that it has to be looked at by technical support who take (variably) up to 3 days/up to 5 days/up to 7 days to respond. Now 7 days is absurd!!

Anyhow, my question - firstly (and I can't see how but I have to ask, since I know the Orange CS knowledge of Windows Mobile remains limited), is there anything OS specific that I need to do to allow the activation to take place. Secondly, any suggestions of how to get someone within Orange to sort this. I've normally found them pretty 'persaudable', but I'm finding now the only answer anyone, at any level of superiority, will give me, is 'wait for technical support'. Seen as I quite like being able to call people, and more importantly, have them call me, I am getting a tad annoyed!!

My wonder is whether the SIM card is faulty, but I'm keep being assured this isn't the case and it's likely to be a network issue. Is this likely to be true?

Many thanks in advance!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Orange Support? You are having me on!!

Im having similar issues with getting MMS active on my m1000 ....

Process seemed simple, install the rom update and away you go .. but no .. I couldn't and still cannot get the damn rom update installed .. I guess I've given up and am going to wait for my contract to run out, then get an m2000 .. hope I don't get the same issue as you though wiv yer sim card ..

Good Luck!

Guest adjonline

Finally came on this morning. No apology nor any idea why this would happen, but have managed to get £8 in line rental back, which is something.

Guest mrplatypus
Finally came on this morning. No apology nor any idea why this would happen, but have managed to get £8 in line rental back, which is something.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

8 quid?

a measely 8 quid??

... as long as you are happy, I wouldn't be ...