OnSpeed does work!

Guest spangelsaregreat

Guest spangelsaregreat

Hi,

After getting an extorionate data bill from T-Mobile on my first bill I decided to give OnSpeed a try to see if the £24.99 per year would be worth it.

After a bit of testing it does seem to perform well. Web pages load a lot faster (probably 3 to 4 times as fast as normal GPRS speeds) and its reduction in GPRS traffic is nothing short of amazing.

I did some browsing of this forum and the BBC news page this morning and under normal GPRS I would have used 1395kb of data (about £7.50 worth under T-Mobiles daylight robbery GPRS prices (yes I am having a go at T-Mobile here, O2 are more than half that price)). OnSpeeds compression took the data usage down to 190kb!!

I have now bought a 3mb bundle (it also cuts the 1mb price of data to £3 if you go over your bundle) from T-Mobile to cut price of my GPRS usage which coupled with OnSpeed should make internet browsing a viable option on my JAM.

If anyone from T-Mobile is listening, unless you look at your UK pricing for data I will be going back to o2 when my contract expires.

Regards

Guest jfran

they are just encouraging you to take out the data bundles, besides the GPRS on o2 though cheaper is a joke.... too much configuration to get a simple services like basic wap and the internet set up and to get instant messaging clients to work could be a headache not to mention network downtime and congestion..... and other 3rd party services like onspeed simply dont work!

HTH

rgds

Jim

Edited by jfran

Guest p_dog

I just installed OnSpeed and it deleted my GPRS account!

Is this normal?

On the phone to T-Mobile to get it fixed at the moment...

Guest Perfectionist

Have been looking at OnSpeed for a while - would love to get it but paying for the software every year really kinda pisses me off ;)

Guest jfran
And Mobile-Speed will cost a LOT less ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

agreed, however as stated in my earlier review somewhere, services that need a direct internet connection and not a proxy one like alwaysonmail is affected.

rgds

Jim

--

PS is that you robert ;)